Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:28 AM

260 posts, read 757,712 times

Advertisements

Seattle: Adrian Brody, Andre Watts, Gerard Schwarz, Dave Matthews(he lives here), William Shatner, Anthony Bourdain, Lang Lang, Yo Yo Ma, Woody Harrelson, King of Norway, Dick Cheney(even though he sucks)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 01:42 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,873,079 times
St Louis:
I used to work at a music venue, so I was able to interact with a lot of celebrities that way. The ones I remember the most: Trey Anastasio (Phish), Dave Matthews, Brett Michaels, Mary J. Blige, Adam Duritz (Counting Crows)
I sat a booth over from Jason London (Dazed and Confused) at a restaurant.
Las Vegas:
Carey Hart walked right by me twice in The Hard Rock
Los Angeles:
John Lithgow was the only celeb I saw in LA, exciting stuff.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:03 PM

374 posts, read 1,124,502 times
When I worked at Macy's Century City when I lived in LA I saw Lindsay Lohan skipping through my department (at the time I didnt know who she was and I almost yelled at her...) Same store same mall I saw Halle Berry checking out perfume... I saw Megan Good at another mall checkin out pursues or ear rings or something. I saw Billy Dee Williams driving down Santa Monica Blvd once. Thats just LA... I used to work in radio so Ive met my far share of celebs. Everywhere from New York to Atlanta, Chicago, Hampton Roads and even Toledo, OH.

As far as Toledo what I was told was alot of celebrities who are in Detroit for whatever reason might stay at a hotel or something in Toledo so they wouldnt have to deal with alot of people. Not too sure about this, but Ive seen Danny Glover in Toledo once and a list of others....

Old 12-23-2009, 03:26 PM

15 posts, read 59,278 times
Several years ago I ran into famous Olympic athlete Carl Lewis in Houston. I was in his neighborhood in one of the "uppity" parts of town doing some surveying. We were in the street looking for some property corners when 2 dogs ran by. A couple minutes later a dude on a bike rolls up and asks me if I had seen the dogs. I immediately recognized him but just said yeah they went that way.

My partner got up and turned around and said "Hey your CARL LEWIS!" Lewis said "uh yeah, how's it going?" then rode off. That was so funny I teased my partner for years about him acting like a GIRL.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:11 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
The only "celebrities" you see in Kentucky are college athletes. I attended the University of Louisville for 3 yrs and saw lots of well known athletes like Francisco Garcia, David Padgett, Brian Brohm, Elvis Dumervil, etc. FG was an absolute trip, he sat in the back of my large Biology 101 class and made fun of the teacher the whole time.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:26 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times
When I was attending college at Texas A&M, I met Robert Gates. One of my college jobs was pizza delivery and I delivered a pizza to Adrian Peterson and several others when OU played A&M in 2004.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:48 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
I delivered a pizza to Adrian Peterson and several others when OU played A&M in 2004.
Most people wouldn't consider them celebrities.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Most people wouldn't consider them celebrities.
One of the most recognizable NFL players

Beats any reality tv star that is for sure

I wouldn't consider 90% of the people mentioned on this thread to be "celebrity worthy". Kind of shows how far as a society we have fallen to worship talentless people that jump in front of a camera

Old 12-23-2009, 07:00 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
One of the most recognizable NFL players

Beats any reality tv star that is for sure

I wouldn't consider 90% of the people mentioned on this thread to be "celebrity worthy". Kind of shows how far as a society we have fallen to worship talentless people that jump in front of a camera

Well, I wouldn't consider college football players celebs. Growing up, I was on the same team with one of the best NHL players in the game today, and my former teammates were on the women's olympic team. I don't consider them celebs since many people probably don't know them. They aren't nearly as well known as others who I've hung with.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Well, I wouldn't consider college football players celebs. Growing up, I played with one of the best NHL players in the game today. I don't consider him a celeb since many people probably don't know him. He isn't nearly as well known as others who I've hung with.

He was known thoughout the country already by then, besides, college football is far more relevent in America than hockey which explains why he was and is so well known (celebrity)

I would consider Sidney Crosby of the Penguins to be a celebrity though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.