Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:35 AM

423 posts, read 646,649 times

Advertisements

I've seen everyone in D.C. at least once.

Saw Bill Cosby riding the metro one day
Saw Michael Jordan at Children's Hosp
I see Obama's motorcade a lot, as a matter of fact him and Michelle was at a school up the street from me a few weeks ago
I've seen random celebs in Georgetown, K street, and Gallery Place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 12:20 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,080 times
Saw Rocko at This Is It in Camp Creek

Met Waka at AMC (Atlanta Metro) some years back

Old 08-31-2011, 12:26 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
I used to work in Harvard Square, Cambridge MA. I was working the register when Natalie Portman bought a pair of sneakers, she was a student there at the time. Another time we noticed secret service agents outside, and then Al Gore walked out of the ice cream store across the street. He was giving the commencement speech that year.
My brother went to high school with Natalie Portman. I never got to meet her but he has a few pictures from when they were in school together. She's a very smart woman, or at least she was in high school.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:28 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,898,951 times
Here in Charlottesville I have seen John Grisham a few times and met him once.

When I lived in DC I saw lots of politicians (including W) and Tony Kornheiser. I actually met Neal Armstrong, Billy Bob Thornton and John Glenn.

In Atlanta I once saw Chipper Jones at Six Flags.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I met Dianna Ross when she was doing a concert at the Music Factory in Philly before it was shutdown.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:37 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
These are mine, but my best friend growing up and my dad.

A few years ago, The Sopranos taped an episode literally down the block from my Aunt's house in Queens. My dad and her met the whole cast and got to watch the taping of it. I think that's so cool.

Many people here have encounters with Billy Joel. My best friend saw him on the side of the road trying to fix a flat tire, and he waved them over asking for help. This was out east on the island.
I actually hung out with Dom Chianese (Uncle Junior) a few years ago at a happy hour with a few co-workers. He happened to be in the bar and we offered him a drink and he hung out with us for the next 2 hours! Oh the stories he told us about the other actors was great! Really nice guy.

Martin Sheen was at the same bar but I didnt get to talk to him.

Last edited by PatDJohns; 08-31-2011 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Did not finish.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:43 PM

63 posts, read 81,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
My brother went to high school with Natalie Portman. I never got to meet her but he has a few pictures from when they were in school together. She's a very smart woman, or at least she was in high school.

That must have been in Syosset. My best friend growing up went to school with her too.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 PM

63 posts, read 81,728 times
Most of my encounters have been hanging with musicians, as you can tell from my user name. LOL

Old 08-31-2011, 08:08 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Well, depending on where you live, which places you frequent, whom you know, and in which "circles" you generally move about, you might meet lots and lots of celebs.

My list is quite long but I have a few highlights:

Was invited to "hang out" by Elton John.
Smoked pot with Leo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz.
Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee) bought me a slice of cake for my birthday at a restaurant.
Went to the movies with Tori Spelling (we went together as a group and she was a friend of a friend).
Had to pry one of my female friends out of the arms of Eddie Murphy.
Walked dogs together with Jeff Goldblum and Laura Dern.
Spent an hour or so chatting with Richard Dreyfuss while sitting in a NYC "dog run."
Had drinks with Till Lindemann (Rammstein front man).
Lived next to one of Mel Gibson's estates for several years.
A member of my family is a famous MVP - but I won't reveal his name, don't even ask.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:58 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,166,670 times
Let's see, I recall 5 famous people that I remember being near.

Illinois Governor Jim Thompson back in the 1980s. He made a visit to my employer at the time.

General Colin Powell after he left the Secretary of State position. He also visited my employer at the time. He was only 6 feet away from me and he looked just like I seen him on TV.

Joan Jett. I was in downtown Chicago for a class and passed her on the sidewalk. I looked back and she turned around and smiled at me.

Former speaker Dennis Hastert. He gave a speech at a previous employer and I was fortunate to get a seat in the conference room before it filled up.

I remember my mother telling my brother and I that candidate Richard Nixon specifically stopped and waved at my brother and I during a campaign stop in Chicago in 1960. I can't exactly recall this event, but was very young at the time.

I agree with a couple of previous posters, most of the people listed in this thread I have never heard of nor would I recognize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.