Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:21 PM

287 posts, read 497,936 times

Advertisements

I am still wondering where the notion of southerners hating California came from? I don't know any southerners sitting around hating California.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:40 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesco White View Post
Because Faux news tells them to hate it. They tell them that it's "hollywood" liberal elites who are ruining this country. Fortunately.. no one, outside of the south, likes the south. And anyone whose worth a damn, doesn't bother to go there anyways.

BTW.. I'm not a big fan of California.. but not for the same reasons the south hates it.. haha
Your comment about "no one, outside of the south, likes the south" is factually inaccurate. I like visiting the south. I probably could not live in most areas though because of the heat and humidity. I have friends and family that have relocated to the south and they love it there. And judging by the population growth in most southern states over the last generation I'd say millions of other people are very happy in their new homes in southern states.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:20 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Basically this thread is a "hate California" & "hate the South" rant meant to provoke discord between the two regions. It serves no purpose.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:42 AM

871 posts, read 2,247,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Basically this thread is a "hate California" & "hate the South" rant meant to provoke discord between the two regions. It serves no purpose.
that certainly wasnt your initial position, but you are correct here.

except that it does serve a purpose. its quite obvious that people can learn a thing or two by reading this, it seems you have.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
that certainly wasnt your initial position, but you are correct here.

except that it does serve a purpose. its quite obvious that people can learn a thing or two by reading this, it seems you have.
I don't know what you are talking about? My first statement was that if there is any Southern hate for California it would be limited entirely to the extreme types like the white supremacists\ militias\ neo-confederates. I haven't change my mind on that.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
I don't know what you are talking about? My first statement was that if there is any Southern hate for California it would be limited entirely to the extreme types like the white supremacists\ militias\ neo-confederates. I haven't change my mind on that.
Ok but you have those same types of groups in California.....

Old 04-19-2010, 12:02 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
Quote:
Trust me, i've encountered many white southerners (deep southerners at that) who get along with southern blacks more than they do californian whites. Things like this are never as cut and dry as people try to make them out to be.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Ok but you have those same types of groups in California.....
I don't consider La Raza or the Black Panthers to be racial hate groups. La Raza is almost entirely academic types who promote the Spanish ancestry before California was a state. And I don't even think the Black Panthers even exist anymore.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Trust me, i've encountered many white southerners (deep southerners at that) who get along with southern blacks more than they do californian whites. Things like this are never as cut and dry as people try to make them out to be.
I accept that there are large numbers of Southerns who reject the politics of California & dislike it for that reason. But those folks also tend to dislike New York\ Chicago\ Boston & probably don't particularly care for even Houston\ Austin. Fox News regularly feeds that hate via O'Reilly\ Hannity.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 PM

150 posts, read 467,632 times
I'm from Alabama and I hate California.

But only because it's 2000 miles away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.