Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 06:10 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,371,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couldabeenacontender View Post
"we're not hurting anyone" and "we're perfectly normal" and "we're not doing anything wrong"
A perfectly valid approach by someone who actually ISNT hurting anyone, is not doing anything abnormal and is not doing anything wrong I would have thought.

You just play your usual game of using the word "agenda" as often as you can in the hope that people will come to fear that word and start to hate gay people... because you have literally no other arguments as to what they are doing wrong or why there should be any stigma about their lifestyle(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Great post and one badly needed in this thread to yank it back in the direction of some sanity.
I see no insanity in working against the stigmatisation of people who are not actually doing anything wrong. Especially in a world so full of people who actually are.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:27 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Great post and one badly needed in this thread to yank it back in the direction of some sanity.

Note that agenda is to do all you mentioned and to "stigmatise those biases". In other words, to belittle and name call until every last sheep in the vast world-wide herd is under their complete control and scared to death to think a thought of their own. This strategy, of course, has been in place for quite some time now and has been remarkably successful.

How gullible indeed.
I encourage people to think for themselves and do their own research.

Unlike the rabid anti-gay groups whose sole agenda is to spew continual lies, myths and misrepresentations about homosexuality and gay people. They know the sheep who follow their lead would never bother to check their sources for veracity.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:27 AM

152 posts, read 216,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
A perfectly valid approach by someone who actually ISNT hurting anyone, is not doing anything abnormal and is not doing anything wrong I would have thought.
That's the real crux of the debate, isn't it? You think it's normal and fine, because it's become part of your everyday lifestyle in whatever corner of the world you live in. And because YOU don't see it as abnormal, you think the rest of the planet should just fall in line and let you live your life. All based upon the overly simplified logic of "It's not hurting anyone else."

I get it. I even understand and sympathise with your logic. I just happen to disagree with your assessment of the mental illness and your definition of what society should deem as normal behavior.

I also believe that schizophrenics feel compelled to follow the voices they hear in their heads. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to join them in some rally to call them "normal" simply because "they're not hurting anyone else" or "doing anything wrong."

There's all types of odd things that consenting sexual deviants can do to each other that doesn't harm anyone else. That doesn't make it right, and that shouldn't be societies baseline for what is acceptable behavior and what isn't.

Quote:
You just play your usual game of using the word "agenda" as often as you can in the hope that people will come to fear that word and start to hate gay people.
I'm pretty sure I only used the word "agenda" once in my last post, so I'm not sure how that's become my "usual game." Frankly, the fact that you and others deny that any "gay agenda" exists, completely baffles me. You went to great lengths in your last post to describe the perfect battle plan of "attack" (your word, not mine) to push forward the gay agenda.

Also, just for the record, I don't "hate" gay people, nor do I wish for others to "hate" them. I just strongly disagree with your view of what society should define as acceptable behavior, and I think we would be making a huge mistake to ever condone it, or call it "normal."

Old 08-05-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
That's the real crux of the debate, isn't it?
I think so too, and given you have not been able to even adumbrate a single problem with their life style, their morality, their sexuality or suggest a single thing they are doing wrong, the crux of the debate is not going your way at all.

No, instead you just flood the forum with claims that they have some "dark agenda" and there is a "gay media mafia" and all kinds of other fantasies, hoping that the stuff you just make up with stick since you have no actual arguments against gay people to use.

When you have any actual arguments to make, then you might get somewhere. Fantasies about gay mafias and dark agendas however gets us nowhere.

However where I come from, both intellectually and geographically, we work on the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty" and given you have NO actual arguments that indict gay people, or their behaviour, I find them innocent and will continue to battle against stigmatising them for no reason as you are wont to do. Try again when you have actual arguments to make and not fantasy dark agenda conspiracies.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:00 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:

Also, just for the record, I don't "hate" gay people, nor do I wish for others to "hate" them. I just strongly disagree with your view of what society should define as acceptable behavior, and I think we would be making a huge mistake to ever condone it, or call it "normal."
Homosexuality is not a "behavior". It's a sexual orientation. As is heterosexuality and bi-sexuality.

You are about 40 years too late. All the major professional heath organizations worldwide have been stating that homosexuality is a normal variant of human sexuality for years now.

What do you think qualifies you to know more than millions of health professionals? Your statements sound a little delusional to me - or perhaps prejudice is clouding your mental capacity for rational thought.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:44 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,937,370 times
Quote:

... Personally, I hope you guys hurry up and find this missing genetic link that causes your homosexual tendencies. Because most of those scientific studies you keep quoting are really medical research projects, trying to find cures for other genetic defects and diseases.

The quicker they can prove it's a genetic defect, the quicker we can all start working on a cure for the mental illness ...
It's not a mental illness and there is nothing to cure.

I am so sorry that your own prejudices have clouded your mind with hatred and intolerance.

In my view, homophobia is a psychological illness.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:32 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,622,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
It's not a mental illness and there is nothing to cure.

I am so sorry that your own prejudices have clouded your mind with hatred and intolerance.

In my view, homophobia is a psychological illness.
I fully concur Oh Wise One ! Homophobia to me says more about the hater than the "hatee". Bigotry is never a good look on anyone, it's not big and it's not clever.

It also always reeks of a lack of self esteem or self confidence that you need to knock other people to make yourself feel better.

Live and let live as they say, if being Gay is so offensive to you then do not engage in sexual relations with a member of the same sex. Problem solved.

I will never understand this obsession people have with what other human beings do in the bedroom, consensually.

I find the idea of S&M repugnant for example but as long it is between consenting adults then it really has nothing to do with me and remains MY problem.

Some people seem to have far too much time on their hands to worry about other people's sexual orientation. Time for some Hobbies perhaps for some posters... Macrame or Ornithology anyone ???

To think that in 2011we are as a society still preoccupied with Homosexuality when we have war, famine , environmental destruction, human trafficking, slavery , economic disaster looming is utterly beyond me. The mind quite frankly boggles.

If people got off their backside and tried to do something about genuinely important issues instead maybe we would not quite be in this ridiculous pickle we are in as a specie.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 PM

152 posts, read 216,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I find the idea of S&M repugnant for example but as long it is between consenting adults then it really has nothing to do with me and remains MY problem.
Then we'll have to check back with you in a few years when they get their turn at bat. Because as soon as the gay/lesbian crew gets their golden ticket stamped by society, the flood gates of every twisted sexual deviant known to mankind is going to be knocking at the gates, wanting to get in too.

The transgender and transsexuals have already hooked their wagon up to the gay train, and it looks like they're going to try and sneak in along with them. (The gays already have to 'soosh' them from time to time, and tell them to be keep a lower profile ... while they try and handle this one.)

Yea, I'm sure you'll be so proud to tell your children how you stood up so strongly for all these new sexual equal rights ... as you and your children get to watch some girl walk through the mall, with a leather dog collar strapped around her neck, and the leash attached to her masters nipple rings... as he smacks her butt every now and then with his buggy whip.

And, I'm sure you'll no longer be repulsed when you get to explain to your daughter why it's perfectly OK and normal for "that weird looking guy" in a dress to be using the same public restroom that she does.

Or why your kids teachers now have to include anal sex education, transgender and S&M tolerance lessons in their sex-ed curriculum.

You see, it's important to think about how things could really play out ... and possibly effect every one's day to day life, when you hear them repeat their national anthem of "we're not hurting anyone" over and over again.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:34 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
In answer to the question...Do you really believe that people are born gay?....Absolutely!!and I harbour no resentments or ill feelings towards them for being who they are...

Old 08-08-2011, 02:19 AM

Quote:
No, instead you just flood the forum with claims that they have some "dark agenda" and there is a "gay media mafia" and all kinds of other fantasies
Quote:
as soon as the gay/lesbian crew gets their golden ticket stamped by society, the flood gates of every twisted sexual deviant known to mankind is going to be knocking at the gates
See? My point exactly as I wrote it! You have no actual arguments to make against gay people, so you simply make stuff up. You either made stuff up about dark agendas and gay mafias here today, or you make things up about what the future will be like.

It is just fantasy, and you are using fantasy to fill in the hole of any actual arguments against homosexuality because you.... simply.... have.... none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates