Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 10:11 PM

569 posts, read 552,313 times

Advertisements

The Arms Control Specifics that were set up in the place where I was living, that the laws were setting on the beliefs of the good natures of human beings and the authorities. The laws were never intended to let the citizens getting slaughtered defenseless.

The foreigners, whoever have foreign passports, are allowed to own firearms in my country.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:40 PM

998 posts, read 1,236,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
With regard to cell phones use while driving, a few years ago I asked intel to come up with a chip for all cell phones and tablets, that would immediately lock and shut the unit down when it sensed motion.
A great way to end cell phone and other mobile devices from being used while driving.
They apparently didn't like the idea.

Bob.
Hmmmm ... Just a wild thought, but that might not go over well with passengers in cars, people on buses, people who commute via trains and other public transportation to and from work.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:07 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,184,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
Do trick-or-treaters enter your home without your consent? That's not the way we do it in my neighborhood.
Not the point. Trick-or-treating in any neighborhood inhabited by trigger-happy paranoid soiciopaths would be a very dangerous undertaking. I myself would prefer to avoid that.

Last edited by Reynard32; 10-06-2015 at 12:17 PM..

Old 10-06-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Yes, apprehend criminals AFTER they've stolen, assaulted, raped, or murdered.
Far more likely after they have double-parked, exceeded the speed limit, or let a tail-light burn out. But if you find yourself in the vicinity of an actually serious crime, calling 911 as soon as you can is the appropriate response. If you need someone to kiss it all better, place a second call to Mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
The police serve and protect, when they are able to. They try and want to prevent crimes, but cannot be everywhere.
LOL! "Serve and Protect" has been replaced by "Harass and Detain." The only crimes they can prevent meanwhile are those they can know about in advance. That's kind of a small number. Welcome to reality.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:00 PM

572 posts, read 552,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
Far more likely after they have double-parked, exceeded the speed limit, or let a tail-light burn out. But if you find yourself in the vicinity of an actually serious crime, calling 911 as soon as you can is the appropriate response. If you need someone to kiss it all better, place a second call to Mommy.

LOL! "Serve and Protect" has been replaced by "Harass and Detain." The only crimes they can prevent meanwhile are those they can know about in advance. That's kind of a small number. Welcome to reality.
and yet, you advocate callign 911 for assistance as the appropriate measure....

do you see the irony?

Old 10-06-2015, 01:42 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post

do you see the irony?

He might be able to.

But if he admitted so, he'd have to also acknowledge he's wasted the last week of his life being 100% wrong.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:04 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
Quote:
Not the point. Trick-or-treating in any neighborhood inhabited by trigger-happy paranoid soiciopaths would be a very dangerous undertaking. I myself would prefer to avoid that.
Well, it's good for you that guns are primarily owned by people not matching that description...once you take out prior violent felons, corrupt government agencies/agents, liberals and gang bangers....none of which should own guns!

Old 10-06-2015, 03:27 PM

335 posts, read 376,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^^ Have you noticed that all of these killings take place in GUN FREE ZONES? And you want to make the whole country into one?
Exactly. The liberal mind can not understand that Logic. It is beyond their frontal lobe processing.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:43 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
I think any time Obama is giving a speech or appearance at any place that is a "gun free" zone he should disarm his own guards while there...after all it's a gun free zone so what could possibly happen?

Old 10-06-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post
do you see the irony?
No, because there isn't any irony. You call 911 not so that police will appear like Superman out of the sky to protect you, but so that they will come and perhaps be able to chase down and apprehend any evil-doers still in the area. And more importantly in many cases, to take down your report so that your insurance company will pay for anything taken or damaged during the incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.