Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 06:20 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The most potentially argumentative statement on this thread unless believers want to admit right quickly that that same god didn't do a very good job with his creating and needed to order the above as a corrective measure.
1. He did not command circumcision as a corrective measure, He commanded it as a symbol of His covenant with Abraham.

2. The above-quoted statement indicates that you think that God made an error when He created foreskin - in which case you'd be advocating for universal circumcision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
A baby is still a person, why don't they have the right to delay this decision until they are old enough to be informed themselves?
The same question should be asked regarding abortion.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Well you don't have to yell at me about it or all the women out there. I doubt that will change anyone's mind. How about forming a poll so you can see which gender favors circumcision

A. Male who favors circumcision for religious reasons.
B. Female who favors circumcision for religiouse reasons.
C. male favors for non religious
D. Female favors for non religious
E. male against circumcision
F. Female against circumcision
You forgot:
G. male who favors parents making their own decision
H. female who favors parents making their own decision

Old 04-17-2015, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
It can be explained by the fact it was done at such a young age.

OK, you don't seem to get it. Lemme break it down for you.

If having foreskin was necessary for penile health, as the previous post claimed, then all of us who are circumcised would be experiencing penile health issues. The fact that millions of circumcised men and boys live their whole lives without ever experiencing any penile health issues disproves the claim that having foreskin is necessary to maintain penile health.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Hmm...maybe. However, he berates women and yells at them in a public forum in a way that denotes derision and contempt for the whole gender. How about recognizing that many women advocate for ending circumcision? How about trying to get women on his side instead of alienating them? Most women are fairly empathetic and want to protect their children.
I read posts 158 & 167, and I didn't see where he berated anyone in particular.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:11 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I read posts 158 & 167, and I didn't see where he berated anyone in particular.
Again, maybe. The yelling at an entire gender puts it over the top in my opinion. I'd rather not derail this thread, as I do think he made some good points. I think an argument is more effective if it is not gender specific in nature and less emotional.

There are men and women who advocate for circumcision. Those are the ones he wants to change their minds. He can word it anyway he wants of course.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:56 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
You forgot:
G. male who favors parents making their own decision
H. female who favors parents making their own decision
Yes, that would be a good addition.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:04 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Do you believe we should remove all babies appendixes too? A child has a chance of developing appendicitis.
Oh stop. You can't even begin to compare those two.

We also seem to have no problem ripping our wisdom teeth out. Something we have, but don't need and that is removed as a preventive measure before problems arise. This is often decided by a parent and their dentist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Mutilation of a baby, plain and simple. Why do parent's even have the right to make this decision? Why isn't it considered child abuse? We should all have the right to make our own decisions about our bodies. A baby is still a person, why don't they have the right to delay this decision until they are old enough to be informed themselves?
Because a baby is a person that the parents are 100% responsible for. If we must wait for the baby to decide for themselves then we should stop vaccinating babies until they can decide and we should let them choose breast milk or formula because those things go into their bodies and affect their overall and future health. If my baby screams every time I give him a bath, should I stop bathing him until he is ready? If my baby spits out medicine should I not give it to him because he doesn't like it? How about no pain management for teething because it's a natural process? All three of my kids hated their car seats as infants. Am I evil for strapping them done every time we got in the car?

As a parent it IS YOUR responsibility to make decisions FOR YOUR child. Yours and no one else's. You have to take the information, you have look at them and decide what you want for them and what decision is most likely to lead to good health and happiness. It's not easy. For us, that meant circumcising. I could care less what another parent decides to do with their son's penis as long as that decision was made with love, wisdom and the absolute best intentions. Stop judging others. Mind your own business. It medical decision between Mom, Dad and the baby's doctor.

The evidence supports that absolute best time for a male to undergo a circumcision is during the newborn stage, specifically the first few days of life. For me, the few minutes of discomfort they experienced were worth a lifetime of the advantages. Looks very low on my list of reasons for doing it.

Last edited by Pennies4Penny; 04-17-2015 at 09:33 AM..

Old 04-17-2015, 10:15 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"I have far more sensitivity than he does, I have no problem and have control over reaching orgasm when I want to, whereas it seems he has lots of trouble, and HE was the one who got infections After being Cut. "
Really It's obviously so terrible living life circumcised
Really and it was obviously so terrible living life UNcircumcised

Old 04-17-2015, 01:49 PM

165 posts, read 169,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
You know, I did not know until I was almost an adult, that I was circumcised. I didn't even know the difference, or what it looked like.

I can't be the only one.
No. You're not.

I'm not circumcised and didn't know there was such a thing as circumcision vs. uncirc. I just knew from when I was a kid what my Mom told me when I showered "wash your worm!/Did you wash under his neck?" to which I replied "Yes mommy!"

The first time I was able to tell a difference was watching an adult video for the first time in my early teens, and even then I didn't give it much thought. I only revisited this topic at great (and unnecessary) length in an African American studies class during my junior year of college.

As far as women not liking uncut penises, I just chuck up to the superficiality of our society (like men only liking women with big boobs/butts, or light skinned/dark skinned, short/long hair, etc). The penut goes inside of the peanut hole, they all serve the same purpose.

Sorry, but I can only rationalize the purpose of circumcision is for religious or cultural purposes (and even that has proven to be ineffective since as a species we're currently seven BILLION strong).

Yes there may be health conditions (I've read those links provided) but how much of the American (or global) male population suffering from some sort of genital disorder/disease/infection which required only his foreskin to be snipped? You probably have a better chance of getting hit by a car than catching a UTI.

I'm a man that is serious about my health and hygiene and I keep my genitalia clean. The women I've been with keep themselves clean and never took an issue on what it *looks* like (they care more about how it feels)

This entire debate is really no different than the pro vs anti vaccinations, gay marriage, feminism vs MGTOW, cars vs. trains, urban vs suburban, and every other stupid, pointless debate that pops up on this forum; a bunch of sociopathic losers who don't have much going on in their personal lives so they'd rather preach and tell other people how to live via "protests," internet blogs/forums, and their favorite, legislation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates