Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 10:01 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Problem is, for every case of circumcision being good medically speaking, there are also cases to say to the contrary. For example, I've heard of cases of circumcisions gone wrong. That easily screws up the boy's sex life, and other aspects for the rest of his life.
No.

There is NOT an equal number of bad outcomes as good ones. There are anecdotal bad cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I know he's had a number of girlfriends and while I don't delve into the details of his sex life.....
So the correct answer is no, you do not know how his girlfriends react to his uncut penis or how they feel about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It is a choice but we can tell that people think that choice should be taken away because of the brainwashing they have went through. It was a money maker for the hospital, quick and easy. Now that insurance companies are making their own "cuts" to services, you'll find it isn't so necessary anymore.

I always think it is funny when someone quotes the CDC or medical establishment. FAR too many times, they have changed their minds midstream and they are after all in the business of selling services. Plus, anything that has been taking place for a long time, realizing the legal implications, they just kind of shuffle and stutter.
The only brainwashing I can see are the anti people who ignore the facts. The CDC is not in the business of selling services, neither is the AAP. They are in the business of healthy outcomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We practice homeopathic medicine and it has been awesome! When it comes to scientific, I don't think you'll find hard cold facts at least not for a few years yet.
So you are anti-science. The studies are already out there and the evidence is becoming clearer. It is why the AAP and CDC came out with the stances they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
Men who are circumcised have higher probability of erectile dysfunction via rapid desensitization after puberty and into adulthood.
To me, that seems an OVERWHELMING reason not to.
I will take your source for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis297 View Post
Really? They weren't bothered by it? Have you ever watched a video of it? I have 4 sons all cut because I was stupid and followed the pack. I watched less than a minute of a video after my last was born and cried my eyes out. I regret getting them circumcised. It's their body and should be their choice...just like piercing a baby girl's ears.

Babies have died during circumcision. Do you know that the person who first pushed circumcision was Kellogg? Yeah, the cereal guy. Look it up. It was a means to decrease pleasure to try to keep boys from masterbating.

Just so you know, more and more males even in the States are ended up UNcut and this isn't even an issue in other countries. They all think we're crazy to "lob part of the knob" off.

Men who are whole have less chance of suffering from erectile dysfunction later in life.

So you'd rather cut a boy's foreskin off just in case they get an infection later in life? What do you think we should do about all the UTI's some women get?
I've seen circumcision done live, I didn't need a video.

All of your arguments are emotional and borderline hysterical, not a single acknowledgement of what the science says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 10:13 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
My husband had to be cut at age 27. It was Very painful, and during the healing he popped a stitch or two. I secretly hated that he hadn't been cut, the looks the smell. He had all kinds of trouble until he had it done, and wished his mom had had it done for him as a baby. Its hard to go into details and stay clean, but it'd dry up, crack and become so tight he couldn't pull the skin back.

One benefit I'd think is lasting longer, for those men who don't want to lose nerve endings. I knew a guy who went without undies to purposely make it less sensitive for that reason. lol I had both of my sons cut.

That's probably because he didn't clean it properly. Shame on his mother for not teaching him at the earliest age how to clean it, which involves pulling the skin back. You also supposed to pull the skin back when urinating as well.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Speak for yourself! Apparently the women you talk to are ill-bred, uninformed, and parochial in their attitudes. BTW, one advantage for guys is there's no need to use hand lotion or whatever for self-pleasuring. Just thought I'd throw that out there....
Bingo!

Old 04-15-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Silly....if you ask a guy what size breasts he prefers or whether he likes blondes...so what? If THAT makes a difference then ANYTHING else could as well.

Most women who don't like uncut men have never been with one. Believe me, if the guy is excited, you couldn't even tell the difference! So maybe the ladies who are so negative, the guy wasn't really into THEM either!
Bam!

Old 04-15-2015, 10:35 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
So the correct answer is no, you do not know how his girlfriends react to his uncut penis or how they feel about it.
Wow, just amazing. Millions of men have no romantic issues because of being uncut, why is one more is so unbelievable? My answer is that since he does have a healthy and active sex life they must react favorably.

Being uncut does not stop him from getting or keeping girlfriends, the same for many, many other men, so the Ewwwww factor is not much of a reason for circumcision. Certainly it's not a scientific reason.
Men who want to use that as an excuse for not being able to get or keep girlfriends have other things they should probably worry about more.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:32 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,465,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Have you not read the links from the American Academy of Pediatrics and Centers for Disease Control that say the medical benefits of circumcision outweigh any risks?
Yes, I have. The single report on the subject from the CDC basically says if you are having sex with a lot of people who have AIDS, you have a higher risk of getting and transmitting AIDS if you are uncircumsized.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:46 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
Yes, I have. The single report on the subject from the CDC basically says if you are having sex with a lot of people who have AIDS, you have a higher risk of getting and transmitting AIDS if you are uncircumsized.
that's because adult circumcised penises are like calloused and tough like a helmet.. this is the result of exposure vs uncircumcised. imagery may seem weird, but not joking..

Old 04-15-2015, 12:10 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Couple of additional comments from a satisfied member of the "uncut" (a least in America and Canada) minority.

I'm personally convinced that, unless they've participated in nudism or trveled outside the country, the majority of American women have seldom, if ever, encountered an adult male as Nature made him. I was never much on "casual carnality" -- my relationships have been deep and few in number -- but at a party years ago, we got into a mixed-sex strip poker game, at which I was the only uncircumsised male present. None of the ladies, all born in the Fifities, made any comment as to my condition.

I know of only one well-known man who had the misfortune to lose his life to what is sometimes discreetly referred to as "cancer of the uretha" -- that was the actor Michael Conrad of Hill Street Blues fame back in the mid-Eighties.

When I was in my teens and twenties, my foreskin was quite tight -- covered up everything unless it was delibeately and delicately retracted, even when in full erection. That got to be less of an issue after age 40, and it now both retratcts easily and the area is less sensitive when washed.

And I have a close group of friends of Philipine extraction -- four sisters, one of whom worked for a conservative Jewish family and was in atendance at a grandhild's bris. They apparently think the practice is a good one and have circumcised all the boys they've given birth to so far, but I don't know what their attitudes are toward their spouses.(These days, the women emigrate first, then often date and marry men from "back home".)

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-15-2015 at 01:19 PM..

Old 04-15-2015, 12:56 PM

635 posts, read 784,333 times
Scientific reason? I guess it would be easier to keep that area cleaner. I tried to get the hospital to do it to my son.What used to be done almost automatically.Is now considered some kind of special operation costing almost 2800 dollars. So my son wasn't done.I noticed it is harder for him to aim his stream well. I tell him to clean himself but admit to not ever having checked if he does. For me, it's also a religious thing.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:04 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Couple of additional comments from a satisfied member of the "uncut" (a least in America and Canada) minority.

I'm personally convinced that, unless they've participated in nudism or trveled outside the country, the majority of American women have seldom, if ever, encountered an adult male as Nature made him. I was never much on "casual carnality" -- my relationships have been deep and few in number -- but at a party years ago, we got into a mixed-sex strip poker game, at which I was the only uncircumsised male present. None of the ladies, all born in the Fifities, made any comment as to my condition.

I know of only one well-known man who had the misfortune to lose his life to what is sometimes discreetly referred to as "cancer of the uretha" -- that was the actor Michael Conrad of Hill Street Blues fame back in the mid-Eighties.

When I was in my teens and twenties, my foreskin was quite tight -- covered up everything unless it was delibearely and delicately retracted, even when in full erection. That got to be less of an issue after age 40, and it now both retratcts easily and the area is less sensitive when washed.

And I have a close group of friends of Philipine extraction -- four sisters, one of whom worked for a conservative Jewish family and was in atendance at a grandhild's bris. They apparently think the practice is a good one and have circumcised all the boys they've given birth to so far, but I don't know what their attitudes are toward their spouses.(These days, the women emigrate first, then often date and marry men from "back home".)
It all depends on where you live in the U.S. Most people in Texas, Florida and California are not circumcised. Basically, if you're an athlete in So Cal and in the locker room, you will stick out like a sore thumb if you are circumcised. The other way around in Midwest states like Ohio and Indiana.

Here's a map:

http://i.imgur.com/Rq7H0il.jpg

My guess is most people who post here are from the Midwest or North and simply have not been outside their myopic geographies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates