Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 06:44 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,085,322 times

Advertisements

Jesus, conservatives are such snowflakes. Grow the **** up and get a real education so that you aren't competing with immigrants and stop being so butt hurt when people criticize your group. Typical rigjt wing PC police.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:09 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by history nerd View Post
Jesus, conservatives are such snowflakes. Grow the **** up and get a real education so that you aren't competing with immigrants and stop being so butt hurt when people criticize your group. Typical rigjt wing PC police.
It's way easier to blame somebody else for your shortcomings. Can't get laid? Become a misogynist. No job skills and struggling to get by with that $12/hour service sector job? Blame Mexican illegals who pick lettuce for $6.00/hour or do hard physical labor you're unwilling to do building houses for $20/hour. If you don't have job skills, you need to leave that air conditioned splendor to earn a living wage.

And it's not just conservative snowflakes. Liberal snowflakes do the same thing. They blame The Man. Those evil banks and Wall Street. Corporate executives. Big Pharma. Maybe it's because you were a psych major at a 3rd tier state school with C's, racked up $50K in school loans you have no hope of repaying, have no work ethic, and nobody wants to hire you for more than $10/hour?

I don't see much difference between a white trash Trumpkin and an Occupy Wall Streeter. They're both blaming somebody else for their own poor decisions.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It's way easier to blame somebody else for your shortcomings. Can't get laid? Become a misogynist. No job skills and struggling to get by with that $12/hour service sector job? Blame Mexican illegals who pick lettuce for $6.00/hour or do hard physical labor you're unwilling to do building houses for $20/hour. If you don't have job skills, you need to leave that air conditioned splendor to earn a living wage.

And it's not just conservative snowflakes. Liberal snowflakes do the same thing. They blame The Man. Those evil banks and Wall Street. Corporate executives. Big Pharma. Maybe it's because you were a psych major at a 3rd tier state school with C's, racked up $50K in school loans you have no hope of repaying, have no work ethic, and nobody wants to hire you for more than $10/hour?

I don't see much difference between a white trash Trumpkin and an Occupy Wall Streeter. They're both blaming somebody else for their own poor decisions.
There are already plenty of people screaming about liberal/young/minority snowflakes though... Old/white/conservatives need some one to call them on their ****.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Old/white/conservatives need some one to call them on their ****.
Hmmm....

In my news feed and things I pay to read, that's a pretty constant theme.
The Economist
New York Times OpEd
Washington Post
CNN
BBC

Popular topics:
"White trash Trump voters who will get kicked off Medicaid"
"60-year-old retired Trump voters receiving subsidized ObamaCare for cheap money who will see their health care premiums shoot up to $26K and get a $4,000 tax credit"
"Crops rotting in the fields because the Mexicans stopped showing up"
"Skyrocketing home construction costs because there are no legal construction workers to hire"

Of course, those are all "fake news" if your news feed is Rupert Murdoch sources.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,678,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Given your posts thus far, this does not surprise me. It's clear you're not racially conscious, and my guess is that your breadth of knowledge on the subject has been gleamed from television talk shows or the MSM. Have you ever sought any intellectual thought on the matter?

American culture was for hundreds of years uniquely white. This was reflected in our literature, films, music, social customs, religion, language, etc. To not understand this is to not understand culture at all. The differences between this culture and that of other races are easily discernible.
Ah, posting in the wee hours can do strange things to one's base logic. The truth of "white culture" lies in the fact of its wide acceptance of a bygone brutality as something justifiable, the collective of ethnic supremacists is basically saying that being white skinned means never having to question your ancestors views.

As a white man I'm happy to say I don't agree with those supremacism concepts, as I am fully conscious of the true history of my kin. The Scot-Irish "culture"included a large component of societal brutality against their own kind, Lord only knows what their views of "outsiders" compelled them to do.

Thankfully, we in America do receive enough of an education to allow us to move beyond the blather of ignorance and hostility, the few who still cling to their so called "culture" are the truly lost, regardless of skin color. Culture in America has always been an elusive apparition of old Euro-notions, skin color does not make a "culture."

The dim witted misanthropes on the alt right are constantly on the lookout for any justification of their anti social notions, often referring to their basic forms of hatred as a "racial consciousness." Other euphemisms which attempt to mask their hate usually revolve around their feelings of being a "protector" of sorts, the last good men just trying to save their race..."Gleamed?"

Old 03-21-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Thankfully, we in America do receive enough of an education to allow us to move beyond the blather of ignorance and hostility, the few who still cling to their so called "culture" are the truly lost, regardless of skin color. Culture in America has always been an elusive apparition of old Euro-notions, skin color does not make a "culture."
This is largely a socioeconomic problem. If you go to any affluent 5%er suburb in the US where the professionals live, they're pretty agnostic about race, color, and religion. What they care about is the value system of that new neighbor who moves in next door. It's all about educational ethic and work ethic. A Turkish or Iranian physician? No big deal. A public housing project? They'll fight that to the death.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:58 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Jesus, conservatives are such snowflakes. Grow the **** up and get a real education so that you aren't competing with immigrants . . . .
That's mean-spirited and ignorant. Lots of people can't get a "real education" either because they're not smart enough or because they can't afford it. And lots of people who do get "real" job-oriented educations (like nurses, programmers, and IT people) find themselves disadvantaged by the importation of foreigners to do the same jobs.

By the way, it's fascinating that you imply that the welfare of Americans (especially less-fortunate Americans) is a peculiarly conservative concern. One doesn't usually see that kind of candor from the Left.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That's mean-spirited and ignorant. Lots of people can't get a "real education" either because they're not smart enough or because they can't afford it. And lots of people who do get "real" job-oriented educations (like nurses, programmers, and IT people) find themselves disadvantaged by the importation of foreigners to do the same jobs.

By the way, it's fascinating that you imply that the welfare of Americans (especially less-fortunate Americans) is a peculiarly conservative concern. One doesn't usually see that kind of candor from the Left.
I am not on the left... But sure whatever.

I believe that free markets lead to the best outcomes. That includes a free market of labor. Trump's nationalistic left wing protectionist policies are something we conservatives should be concerned about.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I find your statements Bizarre regarding white culture and "white race". I am Portuguese by birth(in case some don't know it's in the continent of Europe), raised in the USA since a young age am a US citizen . I identify culturally with USA culture and Portuguese culture. I don't identify with white culture or what you call the "white race" to be honest I view that as redneck or white trash culture and want no part of it. Generally the people I have witnessed beating the drum about the "white culture, white race" are losers and social outcasts.

What is your definition of white culture?
The White Supremacists would call you Hispanic. Heck, they don't think Italians are white.

I think you have it right. There is a subset of losers who we could generalize about and call the Confederacy - where their parents and community didn't teach them right from wrong and civilized from uncivilized - rather they have always been defined by hate of "the other" and laziness. Neither the Plantation owner nor the poor whites of the south picked any cotton...a very large percentage of our country was never taught the so-called "Protestant Work Ethic" that we Northerners had beat into us. That is, we wake up every morning and think about how we want to get stuff done...

Just read some great books about educated Northerners traveling through the south and texas in the 1840-1850 period. It's really amazing to see how the whole thing happened...piece by piece. White people didn't work...even poor whites (hardly) so they never learned trades. Why should they when the "slave" was the blacksmith and carpenter? This created what we might call white trash today - people who have not experienced generations of their own families creating wealth and value by the learning of skills and application of these into the market.

We can pretend that this is all over - but history didn't and doesn't stop. Sure, many people are not moving out of those backwoods coal mines and turpentine forests (80% loss of population in some areas) and getting an education - so the future bodes better than before.

But, yeah, the reason that these "white culture" pundits are usually older is right there in the above. They either never got out or got out too late to become civilized and educated.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:30 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The White Supremacists would call you Hispanic. Heck, they don't think Italians are white.

I think you have it right. There is a subset of losers who we could generalize about and call the Confederacy - where their parents and community didn't teach them right from wrong and civilized from uncivilized - rather they have always been defined by hate of "the other" and laziness. Neither the Plantation owner nor the poor whites of the south picked any cotton...a very large percentage of our country was never taught the so-called "Protestant Work Ethic" that we Northerners had beat into us. That is, we wake up every morning and think about how we want to get stuff done...

Just read some great books about educated Northerners traveling through the south and texas in the 1840-1850 period. It's really amazing to see how the whole thing happened...piece by piece. White people didn't work...even poor whites (hardly) so they never learned trades. Why should they when the "slave" was the blacksmith and carpenter? This created what we might call white trash today - people who have not experienced generations of their own families creating wealth and value by the learning of skills and application of these into the market.

We can pretend that this is all over - but history didn't and doesn't stop. Sure, many people are not moving out of those backwoods coal mines and turpentine forests (80% loss of population in some areas) and getting an education - so the future bodes better than before.

But, yeah, the reason that these "white culture" pundits are usually older is right there in the above. They either never got out or got out too late to become civilized and educated.
If prefer Hispanics and Italians over white supremacists any day no worries. I've seen too many examples of immigrants coming to the US from many different backgrounds and within one generation they're gone from blue collar workers who spoke English poorly to raising extremely successful well adjusted educated children. On the other hand I've noticed "white people" in the USA turn out generation after generation of losers who do nothing but leach and ***** about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates