Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 04:26 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
I'm just of the opinion that people should have a gun licence 1st before they can buy a gun.
You are welcomed to that opinion.

That is not the case in the United States, nor will it be.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:51 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default Huzzah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
I don't recall ever being consulted about the opening of the doors of MY country. I certainly don't recall ever consenting to such a thing. America has been RAPED by foreigners as treasonous elites help subdue the nation and facilitate for the crime to occur.
Although it's pretty much off topic, Ohio, I've got to congratulate you. Very well said. Almost, well, Obama-like in its oratorial prowess!!!! (Apparently I've repp'd you too much off line, so here it is, online!)

(Oh ,and if my reference to Barama insults you, my most humble apologies, but he IS quite the motivational speaker, eh? It may all be bunk, but it sure sounds good!)

And of course, your points DO attend to the larger discussion of gun control, as these illegals should be collected and marched back across the border en-masse, at the point of ARs and The National Guard. They WERE NOT INVITED, as you so accurately noted. They, not you and I, are largely responsible for much of the street / gang / drug crime, ala' Mexico.

I'm NOT a bigot or a right-wing nut (...welllllll....) but this nonsense has got to stop. And come this summer, when, oh say, 15 million are out of work, another 10 million on strike, with food/fuel/trucker's strike riots or rallies, the Barama Admin will decide that it'd be "safer for all" if those danged assualt rifles, handguns (esp the Hi=Cap ones) & gas-shotguns were turned in.

You know, soz you don't hurt yourself, Ohio!

Again, well said. And to those from elsewhere who don't like it, tough bananas!

"Cold Dead Hands", etc. etc. Long Live Charlton's Motto! (Hey! Maybe we can call our new ceceeded Republic / Nation Hestonia?)

Old 02-25-2009, 06:57 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles LoL that is just your opinion and you're entitled to having them.

I'm just of the opinion that people should have a gun licence 1st before they can buy a gun.
Thats not exactly true now is it. We have already explained that most of us need to get a permit which is more restrictive than any license, in order to carry a gun. Yet you keep on. What you want are reastrictions that would dissalow huge portions of the population from getting a gun. Anybody can get a license, your desire is not for anybody to get a gun.

That aside,
I'm of the opinion that you really dont learn from your mistakes. & dont realize how dead any argument you put forth really is. Dont you wonder why theres no Americans, or very few, backing your side? Its because they KNOW theyre wrong & cant hold their own in a civilized debate based on logic & rational thinking. Gun control is already well beyond our constitutional limitations.

Now then, let me get this straight,

You live in a country, that forced your ancestors to live in it because they couldn't resist, that same country was over run like it was a nunnery by Hitler, again, because they couldn't resist. And now here you are, in a country that only exists because of generosity of America, preaching the importance of that which renders you perpetually helpless.

Truly amazing.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Smile Woof Woof!

Very observant point, "Tin"; he is the only guy here over on that over-grazed side of the fence! (He won't understand...) It's an uni-post! He's a solitary threadite. It's mono-posto, mono-mano-a-meno! He's a solitary soliliquisor (now I'm just being silly, but then, so is he!).

Wonder what he gets out of this. Since we know we're right, and he'll never see any of the changes he preaches for (at least permanently), you'd think he'd get in out of the rain, no?

Gives me a sort of sad mental image, of a lonely drenched Cocker Spaniel, foreleg raised to plug a Dutch dyk$ hole with his paw, and otherwise whimpering in the endless downpour, waiting for someone to come along, pick him up and love him.....

Here's your chance to be a good-Samaritan, kind and loving human being, Tin! Or NV! Or Ohio! Or..... (No, not me. Whatdayahthink I am? Nuts?)

Old 02-25-2009, 07:45 PM

1,009 posts, read 875,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Thats not exactly true now is it. We have already explained that most of us need to get a permit which is more restrictive than any license, in order to carry a gun. Yet you keep on. What you want are reastrictions that would dissalow huge portions of the population from getting a gun. Anybody can get a license, your desire is not for anybody to get a gun.

That aside,
I'm of the opinion that you really dont learn from your mistakes. & dont realize how dead any argument you put forth really is. Dont you wonder why theres no Americans, or very few, backing your side? Its because they KNOW theyre wrong & cant hold their own in a civilized debate based on logic & rational thinking. Gun control is already well beyond our constitutional limitations.

Now then, let me get this straight,

You live in a country, that forced your ancestors to live in it because they couldn't resist, that same country was over run like it was a nunnery by Hitler, again, because they couldn't resist. And now here you are, in a country that only exists because of generosity of America, preaching the importance of that which renders you perpetually helpless.

Truly amazing.

My concealed carry instructor summed it up when he said "some people are just born to die."

Some people prefer to suffer and die, or to see their loved ones suffer and die, than to actually take charge of a situation and defend themselves and those they claim to care about.

As Mussolini said, better to live one day as a lion than one hundred years as a lamb.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:49 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Very observant point, "Tin"; he is the only guy here over on that over-grazed side of the fence! (He won't understand...) It's an uni-post! He's a solitary threadite. It's mono-posto, mono-mano-a-meno! He's a solitary soliliquisor (now I'm just being silly, but then, so is he!).

Wonder what he gets out of this. Since we know we're right, and he'll never see any of the changes he preaches for (at least permanently), you'd think he'd get in out of the rain, no?

Gives me a sort of sad mental image, of a lonely drenched Cocker Spaniel, foreleg raised to plug a Dutch dyk$ hole with his paw, and otherwise whimpering in the endless downpour, waiting for someone to come along, pick him up and love him.....

Here's your chance to be a good-Samaritan, kind and loving human being, Tin! Or NV! Or Ohio! Or..... (No, not me. Whatdayahthink I am? Nuts?)
OH MYYY!LLMMAAOO! I wasn't going to post here any more but this is to rich to pass up. Sorry Rifleman. Lol I have far to many strays on the ranch already and I'm running low on .22's keeping them thinned out.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
You are welcomed to that opinion.
LoL that is not what you Direct Messaged me in private.
Aren't you the 1 who tried to intimidate me with 'warning' me that you would keep dogging me?
Just because I don't agree with you?

Originally Posted by rifleman
Quote:
Very observant point, "Tin"; he is the only guy here over on that over-grazed side of the fence! (He won't understand...)
Go whine to a mod if you are convinced of that.
You Riflegay, Tin Knocker and OhioUberAlles should gather around Greatday who is dogging me around like man's best friend and faithful companion.

FYI you all are off topic, not that it matters to me.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:04 AM

Here is the Facts:

Laws in the United States allow citizens to purchase and possess firearms (with some exceptions).

Period. End of Story.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
Here is the Facts:

Laws in the United States allow citizens to purchase and possess firearms (with some exceptions).

Period. End of Story.
Wrong, your facts have nothing to do with my opinion.
There is no reason to change my opinion, which are based on my personal experience and the facts in The Netherlands and not Greatday's experience in the US.

FYI in case you haven't noticed: I really don't give a damn if you like my opinion or not.
Besidez, no where does it say in the forum rules that I have to agree with you.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Wrong, your facts have nothing to do with my opinion.
There is no reason to change my opinion, which are based on my personal experience and the facts in The Netherlands and not Greatday's experience in the US.

FYI in case you haven't noticed: I really don't give a damn if you like my opinion or not.
Besidez, no where does it say in the forum rules that I have to agree with you.
Ah - I did not mention you in my post. Nor was it my intention to do so. I was not try to change your opinion - it is fruitless to do so. Your opinion is, quite frankly, meaningless in grand scale of life. Same with mine.

You are not the end all, be all around here TD. Your comment above was however very narcissistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates