Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:54 AM

422 posts, read 649,269 times

Advertisements

He won. Get over it. Not only because black people voted for him either . Check the stats. Its turning into an OJ simpson type obsession and it looks pretty lame. Many are angry because you expected whites to by and large reject him out of hand and when they didn't it ticked you off. EVERY politician says what they must to win, or start a war or whatever and it was fine until he did it. Suddenly its a travesty of American politics. The thinly veiled racism is not cute and you aren't fooling anyone with the "maybe I shouldn't ask" and "I'm just curious". If you really felt you shouldn't ask then why did ya ? To stir up this pot of garbage can stew again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 07:01 AM

422 posts, read 649,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
How can a person of mixed race decide to be just black?
Tiger Woods said hes not black but when his opponent made the watermelon and fried chicken joke it wasn't becuse he was cablanasian or whatever label he gave himself. Its about perception where race is concerned. Halle Berry has a white mother. Shes black. Alicia Keys has a white mother. Shes black. Slash of guns and roses has a black parent. Hes white. In the end, what do people see when they pass you on the street, or interview you for a job ? The world kinda decides for you. There is not much choice. You can give me that I see the human race crap and thats just fine until one of your children dates the "wrong" person.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:07 AM

952 posts, read 3,705,658 times
Is he a muslim or not?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:20 AM

488 posts, read 1,024,820 times
Default get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Princess View Post
He won. Get over it. Not only because black people voted for him either . Check the stats. Its turning into an OJ simpson type obsession and it looks pretty lame. Many are angry because you expected whites to by and large reject him out of hand and when they didn't it ticked you off. EVERY politician says what they must to win, or start a war or whatever and it was fine until he did it. Suddenly its a travesty of American politics. The thinly veiled racism is not cute and you aren't fooling anyone with the "maybe I shouldn't ask" and "I'm just curious". If you really felt you shouldn't ask then why did ya ? To stir up this pot of garbage can stew again?
What do you meen get over it this is the most powerfull man in the world,who controlls our fate!This is not a arguement this is a real question!Why do you seem so offended by it?No one is dogging him,He i kinda a mystry man that everyone did not vote for! not saying who i voted for,But everyone is allowed or should be to ask about a man who was not heard of untill a year ago!So get over the fact that it seems there is a lot in his closet,not because he is black!for me i would like to know how you have a muslim name and have pictures embracing radicals?thats all,and i think there is more than me thats curios?SO GET OVER IT!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:25 AM

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
Is he a muslim or not?
That seems to be the million dollar question that makes people mad when we put it on the table!When anyone talks about him not all but a lot of black people seem to get very defensive over it!Like someone is trying to steal there glory!when thats not the case!like telling others to get over it!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:26 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,256 times
arab muslim

Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 AM

Default i feel you

Quote:
Tiger Woods said hes not black but when his opponent made the watermelon and fried chicken joke it wasn't becuse he was cablanasian or whatever label he gave himself. Its about perception where race is concerned. Halle Berry has a white mother. Shes black. Alicia Keys has a white mother. Shes black. Slash of guns and roses has a black parent. Hes white. In the end, what do people see when they pass you on the street, or interview you for a job ? The world kinda decides for you. There is not much choice. You can give me that I see the human race crap and thats just fine until one of your children dates the "wrong" person.
I see your point and it has a lot of truth to it,I never knew the guy from guns and roses was half black till now!I always thaught he was white after reading you post!Thanks for the input.you spoke or typed that realy well,I guess i will ask you to phrase my questions for me from now on,It seems when i post something people get upset maybe its how i phrase it?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:46 AM

Default what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
arab muslim
Tell me what you think because i would like to know? i think muslim? but when you say that it gets people mad!he says christian?I go to a christian church and a lot of them!And i can honestly say i have met anyone in church with a name that is even close to his? But it does seem to be a lot like a name you would something in another kind of church that i know nothing about exept the way a muslim church going persons names are wich is close to our prezz?I guess you could claim to be what you want?but there is something called skeletons in your closet!Every other prezz is called i liar but if you breeth that word about obama it looks like a lot of people get mad when it gets close to something they don't want to hear,HBO has a show mocking bush,God forbid they mock this stranger!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,052,550 times
So what you are saying is that because of his name, he is Muslim? So no matter what you parents name you, then if it's a common name of a culture that practices one faith you are that faith permanently no matter what faith's services or values you practice? Isn't that...well, psychotic?

I should tell my friend Sanjeif he needs to be Hindu now, even though his family converted and has been in the US as practicing Christians for nearly 80 years. I need to tell him to change his name to Jimmy Joe Bob or something more common to American so he can be a Christian, I guess it's a requirement now.

It's a stupid urban legend people made up because they wanted to find something to crow about, and not get dismissed as a racist. Since Muslim extremists have been the target of many anti terrorist actions they are a good effigy to attack.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 AM

Default put the race card away

Quote:
WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?Sorry you can't snapp your finger and have it your way,The reason i said i should not ask is because of racist people who are always on the defence?Which apears struck a nerve with you!YOUR EVEN PRO O.J You post like we are trying to keep a brother down and that 100 year old crap!This is the real world with real questions! You act like it is a sin to question what is in your eyes a black man! You cant have a normal discusion with a person like you!it appears you don't like white people[honky] to me i can say that because i am a honky,I have talked to unreasonable people like you before!Get over it and put the race card in your pocket and stop trying to fuel riots and tell us o.j is a good guy!As a matter of fact i was staying at the palace station and saw the wanna be gangsta/killers posey got arrested and people of all race was clapping and chearing,So put the everything black is o.k weapon away it looks like somethig only racist would say!And rodney king was by no means a angel!a drug fueled criminal like o.j
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates