Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2009, 12:57 PM

75 posts, read 85,829 times

Advertisements

You said it yourself. In your own words "making selfish demands on the Creator of the Universe has a statistically insignificant impact on the outcome of mortal events". The keyword is SELFISH demands. Do you honestly think that the Creator of the Universe is concerned with whether or not someone wins a ball game or a horse race. Do you think I believe there is a council in heaven taking human prayers and turning them into votes to decide the outcome of silly events such as horse races. NO, like you said that's ludicrous.I'm sure an infinite all-knowing being responsible for the sustenance and creation of the entire Universe has far more important agendas than whether or not we win a ball game! Agenda's that we could not begin to grasp! As far as not being able to prove there is no tooth fairy once again your making childish statements. Of course we can prove there is no tooth fairy because we as parents tell this MYTH to our children and we KNOW IT IS A LIE AND WE ADMIT IT TO THEM LATER! It is not surprising you're still addressing an issue I posted on a previous page and you've yet to say anything at all useful on the subject of over population! GOD knows that 80 percent of the globe believes in him and the other 20 percent who don't are nearly hopeless! If he came down and told you he was real to your face you would dismiss him as a hallucination !

To the contrary of what you claim, there have been studies (in fact i've seen an entire program on the discovery channel about this) that show not only increased success rates amongst cancer patients who are prayed for but also neurological activity in the higher cognitive functions of the brain during deep sessions of prayer. This illustrates that there is a special part in every persons brain that handles prayer. It is the same part of the brain that allows monks to elevate, and a distressed woman to release unreal amounts of adrenaline to lift an entire car off of her son! It is a part of your brain that YOU will probably never use because you don't even believe it exists! It is a part of your brain that allows you to "tap into" divine energy!

It is not a majority of opinion it is instilled in the minds of humans! It is even instilled in your mind this is why you are so bitter! You refuse to accept the truth so to replace the truth you've created an explanation for all sorrow to justify your unanswerable questions. In your mind sorrow can only be explained by the absence of GOD , so you assume since there is sorrow there is no GOD. Would you rather have been FORCED to believe in God through confirmation of those frivelous "studies"? Wouldn't that make God like a dictator ? Wouldn't that make the entire process of life boring? Making freewill unaccomplishable? Do you think GOD believes he has to prove himself to stubborn people? NO he doesn't

Last edited by godstabilize; 04-25-2009 at 01:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 01:07 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godstabilize View Post
The very fact that you put GOD (the architect of the universe who is faithfully believed in by OVER 80 percent of the ADULT population of the entire globe) in the same class with several children stories which NO ONE I repeat NO ONE believes in after the age of 8 shows your intelligence level!
You and your buddies are truly moronic! Whether you like it or not people will ALWAYS AND ALWAYS HAVE BELIEVED IN GOD! AND FOR GOOD REASON GET USED TO IT! INTELLECTUALLY YOU COULD NOT GET ON MY LEVEL SIR YOURE TOOOO INDOCTRINATED WITH GARBAGE TO OPEN YOUR MIND!
ohhh there is a god!!!!!! but not the one that all the old testaments say there is.... all the old testaments of the world preach lies and fairy tales!!!!! i have seen signs from god because i asked for them since i was 9 years old.. thats what makes me beleave in a inteligent creator not some old books with some old scriptures that are forgeries!!! you are brain washed like all the rest of those followers that get there info from ancient scriptures.. i have my own theory that brings god evolution science and inteligent life forms all together in one single theory and i will puplish it in some science forum when i'm done with it...

ohh do they have an IQ test for common sence????i would like to see your score.
spelling is easy to fix!!!! common sence on the other hand is not you either have it or you don't.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:12 PM

Ok cruxan aside from your terrible spelling which by the way illustrates common sense because common sense is needed to soooouuuuunndddd it oouuuut ! You're claiming you didn't say technology is causing this? Cause I could have swore that was your exact words! You provide no COMMON SENSE reason as to why the "POPULATION HAS ALLEGEDLY BOOMED" DESPITE OF ALL OF THE STABILIZERS I MENTIONED! The topic is overpopulation not "overtechnologizing to the point of extinction"
My point all along has been it's not the NUMBER of people on the earth it's the waste of the products we use / the technology we implement that is causing this crisis. Talk about common sense all you want buddy but you have agreed with what I've been saying and you are to stupid to realize it! This is getting hilarious now! I wish I could webcam you to show you how hard I'm laughing at you!
P.S. My name does not imply I'm a god........ just a tiny bit of common sense would tell you it means GOD stabilize .....your almost there just think a little bit harder>......yes that's right it means WE DONT NEED TO STABILIZE POPULATION! GOD DOES THIS FOR US THROUGH THE NATURAL PROCESS OF DEATH! get it now? GOD stabilize? So I asked the question what caused the population boom and you anwered technology! I repeat I did not ask what caused the crisis(remember I agree it is technology and unclean energy)I asked what caused the alleged population bomm and you said...... technology! I fyour not a moron I don't know what is! Oh as far as who agress with me? Countless of millions agree with me but your not going to hear them on the news! here's an articletucked away in the washigntontimes for you buddy! And yes this guy's not a minister but a doctor with degrees!
Taking on the overpopulation myth - Washington Times

Old 04-25-2009, 01:15 PM

I'm taking on both of you and your getting stomped guys c'mon this weak! mr cruxan I am not developing my own religion sir my beliefs are shared by millions who believe in intelligent design! Do some research ! In all my days of debate I have never seen someone agree with me without realizing it it really is funny!

Old 04-25-2009, 01:22 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
godstablize can you tell me what religin you follow name it please. are you an atheist agnostic or a christian-islamics qu'ran follower- buddhism- or other

the world is overpopulated!!!!! have to go to do some work now

Old 04-25-2009, 01:37 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godstabilize View Post
Do you honestly think that the Creator of the Universe is concerned with whether or not someone wins a ball game or a horse race.t

I never suggested that He cared who won the ball game. Does He answer human prayers or not, by unfolding the universe in a way requested by petitioners? Show me some statistical evidence that things that God was asked to do were more likely to come about than if He were not asked.

Actually, now we're getting somewhere. Do YOU honestly think that the Creator of the Universe is concerned with whether or not YOU worship Him. and fear Him and tremble before His awesome power? To think that would be the most extreme form of human vanity. And I was always under the impression that Christians thought God disapproved of vanity in principle.

Prayer is nothing more than a totally selfish form of personal self-aggrandizement, carried about by people who falsely believe that God gives a **** about them. There is not and has never been one shred of evidence that prayer works to achieve an end result that would be different from natural chance.

Maybe there is a God, but He sure as hell ain't the dude that you religions zealots believe He is.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-25-2009 at 01:46 PM..

Old 04-25-2009, 01:44 PM

You are all half right in one perspective only! If we continue to exploit our resources for the use of silly plastic products and if we continue to drain the earth's fossil fuels by 2050 we WILL run out of resources! This is why I'm trying to explain to you it is not the NUMBER of people it is the way the people are living and the waste we are producing in an UNNATURAL MANNER that is going to cause this crisis! And it all could be fixed without killing 90 percent of us but the corporate world would go back to the 1800's! So do you suggest we kill 90 percent of us or live as we were intended and stop letting our governments steer us down ***** creek without a paddle?
You need to read the book the world without us by alan weisman! This will answer your question from earlier. remember when you asked us to name a solid benefit of the human race surviving?
Well in that book is your answer! But I will tell you so you don't have to read the whole thing ! The damage we have done would cause the demise of our planet(as it already is) when we are gone if we do nothing to fix it now while we are here! Basically put, if we don't survive the Earth won't either so our extinction be not only pointless but counter productive!
P.S. I am a christian so this will give you the right to discredit me now right?

Old 04-25-2009, 01:51 PM

It is not unreal to believe that your Creator would want to at least be acknowledged by his creation why is that hard to believe? And he IS acknowledged by 80 percent of us ! Why would it be vain to assume that we have a natural connection to our own creator? The point is if you WANTED TO, you could believe that he exists. You know it is not as crazy as you make it sound. As a matter of fact it's even more ridiculous to say we came from absolutely nothing through random chance! And the entire universe came from an explosion that came from nothing, yet you maintain it is infinite! You make sense out of your beliefs because to the rest of the world YOU SOUND RIDICULOUS NOT I!

Old 04-25-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I never suggested that He cared who won the ball game. Does He answer human prayers or not, by unfolding the universe in a way requested by petitioners? Show me some statistical evidence that things that God was asked to do were more likely to come about than if He were not asked.

Actually, now we're getting somewhere. Do YOU honestly think that the Creator of the Universe is concerned with whether or not YOU worship Him. and fear Him and tremble before His awesome power? To think that would be the most extreme form of human vanity. And I was always under the impression that Christians thought God disapproved of vanity in principle.

Prayer is nothing more than a totally selfish form of personal self-aggrandizement, carried about by people who falsely believe that God gives a **** about them. There is not and has never been one shred of evidence that prayer works to achieve an end result that would be different from natural chance.

Maybe there is a God, but He sure as hell ain't the dude that you religions zealots believe He is.
It is not unreal to believe that your Creator would want to at least be acknowledged by his creation why is that hard to believe? And he IS acknowledged by 80 percent of us ! Why would it be vain to assume that we have a natural connection to our own creator? The point is if you WANTED TO, you could believe that he exists. You know it is not as crazy as you make it sound. As a matter of fact it's even more ridiculous to say we came from absolutely nothing through random chance! And the entire universe came from an explosion that came from nothing, yet you maintain it is infinite! You make sense out of your beliefs because to the rest of the world YOU SOUND RIDICULOUS NOT I!
By the way I am far from a religious zealot buddy trust me I am a normal person that has sinned as much as you have if not more! But I believe in sharing the truth and I am bored so I figured I'd pick some brains to see how you guys could believe we came from nothing!Not only did we come from nothing but our entire existence was pointless as well and we are nothing more than advanced form of pain transmitters? wow i'd hate to be you, you must be very sad!

Old 04-25-2009, 01:56 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Weisman's book has been described as a work of "speculative fiction", by a real scientist, Dr. Philip Stott, a professor emeritus of biogeography at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, and editor for nearly 20 years of the Journal of Biogeography

Did you actually read Weisman's book carefully, or just watch a few of the episodes based on it, on the Discovery Channel? The authenticity of a great deal of what is presented on the Discovery Channel is highly suspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates