Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 03:22 PM

488 posts, read 1,025,248 times

Advertisements

I like to think of my self as a christian..but i guess this is where i butt heads or look at it diffrent than other christians! I cant lie and say i could forgive a pervert because that would just make my sin twice as bad....Because all christians know god knows whats in our hearts..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 04:50 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
I cant lie and say i could forgive a pervert.
Define "pervert". Anyone who is sexually aroused by something different from that which you are sexually aroused by? Or do you let the Georgia state legislature define it for you?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:57 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Sex offenders (especially when they prey on children) don't belong in society at all.
Not every criminal has the right to return to society, especially when he has proven that he can't control his urges (by having prior convictions).

and how on earth would you organize or institute that? your jurisdiction here is grandiose, Tricky.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:58 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Too many false allegations. Branding is a bell that would be very tough to un-ring, and given the periodic moral panics in this area, we can all but guarantee innocent people WILL be caught up in this.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:10 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,398 times
Yes, all sex offenders, whether their crimes are against children OR adults should be identified to the public. They have the right to live their lives like the rest of us after they pay the price for their crime, but the repeat offenders pose a danger, and people have the right to know what is living around them.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:07 PM

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Define "pervert". Anyone who is sexually aroused by something different from that which you are sexually aroused by? Or do you let the Georgia state legislature define it for you?
Look it up! is there two diffrent kinds? maybe...but read the toppic so pervert... sex offender is what i mean! And thats a sick question if i am reading you right? Do you get riled up when you see a child? I dont...So if you get hot and bothered over such or force sex on anyone a pervert is a nice way of saying it! And another thing i have read your other post trying to use big words and trap people in to a fight! So dont go there because you will come out on the mad end! I have watched you pick at people for days now and you are wanting to turn your attention toward me....so please dont start...if your that bored lay off the pc for a couple hours till you come to yourself!No one defines nothing for me! i call it like it is...so let me ask you! Are you standing up for the rights of these kind of people? And if i misread what you said i am sorry!But mind games dont work here.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:12 PM

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Yes, all sex offenders, whether their crimes are against children OR adults should be identified to the public. They have the right to live their lives like the rest of us after they pay the price for their crime, but the repeat offenders pose a danger, and people have the right to know what is living around them.
NO..the victim is branded for life so i dont think thats right! If you like pizza now you will like it 5 years from now...you cant fix some things! its terminal like some cancers..sorry to disagree...ask yourself how would you like it if this was done to your child or sister or a loved one?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:18 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Few, if any states, have a license plate that identifies someone convicted of DUI

If I'm wrong - I'd sure like to know
Minnesota has special "whiskey" plates given to repeat DWI offenders. I am sure there are other states that do this too.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:22 PM

Default i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Minnesota has special "whiskey" plates given to repeat DWI offenders. I am sure there are other states that do this too.
I have heard that also but not sure wich state? They do have pics of pervs online here but nothing like a plate wich i think should be a law! And who wants to forgive can and who wants to look out after knowing of the sickness can!

Old 05-18-2009, 06:56 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
Look it up! is there two diffrent kinds? maybe...but read the toppic so pervert... sex offender is what i mean! And thats a sick question if i am reading you right? Do you get riled up when you see a child? I dont...So if you get hot and bothered over such or force sex on anyone a pervert is a nice way of saying it! And another thing i have read your other post trying to use big words and trap people in to a fight! So dont go there because you will come out on the mad end! I have watched you pick at people for days now and you are wanting to turn your attention toward me....so please dont start...if your that bored lay off the pc for a couple hours till you come to yourself!No one defines nothing for me! i call it like it is...so let me ask you! Are you standing up for the rights of these kind of people? And if i misread what you said i am sorry!But mind games dont work here.
If you would come on Great Debates and offer arguments based on any facts or data whatsoever, you wouldn't have people asking you what in the hell you are talking about. You throw around words like "pervert" as it it is an objective terms in psychiatry or criminology, and it has no such meaning. Your basic argument is "I don't like it so it's bad and the rest of you are stupid and mean-spirited if you can't guess why I don't like it." That kind of reasoning doesn't work on Great Debates.

"The concept of perversion is subjective, and its application varies depending on culture. As a psychological term it was originally applied especially frequently to homosexual behavior. However, homosexuality is no longer treated as a disorder in mainstream psychiatry"---Wikipedia

And you expect intelligent debaters to respond to you rationally, when you say you cannot forgive this amorphous group of people, a great majority of whom have done nothing at all reprehensible by any cultural standard, and you have no way to even know or guess whom among your friends and acquaintances is a pervert.

As for big words, you can't even put little words into comprehensible order.

You're the enlightened one who started (without bothering to look anything up) the thread that asserted that Barack Obama must be Muslim because there are Muslims with the same name as his.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-18-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates