Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:01 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times

Advertisements

Not anymore. I preferred a bow and arrow though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 07:52 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,053,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
RVLover, people live in much worse places than you, like DC and do not own handguns! You are paranoid! Anyway, if the remote possibility occurs that you are attacked, they'll even give you the chance to even pull out your gun?
Id rather be 'paranoid' than pretend America is a safe place to live. And id rather be armed than say to the Offender :'Okay...pick out a part of my body and blow it away...but here, let me give you the RV keys first...' .

Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,959,243 times
I still don't understand what the OP's problem is. Fine you don't like handguns and don't want one...I respect that. But don't even try to infringe on my right to have one regardless for what I want it for.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:01 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,053,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I still don't understand what the OP's problem is. Fine you don't like handguns and don't want one...I respect that. But don't even try to infringe on my right to have one regardless for what I want it for.

Ten-four !

Old 07-15-2009, 08:07 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
It's the typical "I don't like it so you shouldn't have it" mentality that's destroying this country. It's happening with guns, tobacco, SUVs, speech (how many things are 'politically incorrect' to discuss these days?),...

Our freedoms are being pulled out from under us like a rug, and the people doing it are often the same ones who talk about our politicians (read: Bush) "shredding the Constitution."

We need to stand firm on our 2nd Amendment rights. As they say, it's the one that protects the rest.

Where'd the OP go, anyway? Haven't seen him since page one. I'm thinking we need to sound the troll alarm...

Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Hunting and handguns? Not so much. Hunting is normally done with a rifle. And not a military grade weapon either.
Handgun hunting is HUGE. Many places have separate seasons now, but for the most part handgun hunters are out at the same time as the regular rifle guys. Handgunners make up a significant percentage of hunters these days. It's big business. The .44 and .41 mag are the top two cartriges, the .45 Colt is right there and there are a slew of factory 'wildcats' out there now too. SW new X frame line is geared specifically to handgun hunters and the Ruger lineup has a bunch of hunting handguns as well, the latter two being the most popular models for revolver fans. TC has a significant number of hunting handguns in more calibers than you can shake a stick at and Remington has the XP 100 series. All hunting handguns are totally capable of cleanly harvesting big game, and handgun hunting is an accepted and integral part of the hunting world.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:25 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,072,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Where'd the OP go, anyway? Haven't seen him since page one. I'm thinking we need to sound the troll alarm...
The OP realized that he surrounded by folks with guns and ran away back to his other silly post about what percentage of the folks in the Northwest and Yukon Territories were natives.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:26 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
Not anymore. I preferred a bow and arrow though.

I do alot of bowhunting, nice long season compared to firearms.
You should be aware that handgun hunting has gained popularity quite a bit.
I think the popularity of bowhunting may have helped bring it about. Once people realize they really can get within 20 or 30 yards of game handguns become a viable option, plus theres handguns chambered in rifle calibres & optics for handguns that make them effective at much longer ranges. Hasn't hapenned yet but I carry a 44 mag Redhawk when firearms hunting & if a deer pops up within 50 yards it'll be what I use.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:29 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Default convienient to carry and store ?

The purpose of a handgun is to fire a bullet. Quite similar to the purpose of rifles and shotguns(shot, slugs).

What you do with these tools is up to you.

If handguns are so dangerous why do the cities mentioned prefer to have criminals in possession of more firearms than the law abiding citizenery? Any chance the criminals upon hearing about the ban will surrender their firearms to the police?

Don't you think a criminal might go to the next town to get a handgun? Don't you think a criminal might now consider a town where handguns are banned a good place to commit cirmes as there would theoretically be less resistence during a robbery? Less cahnce of the robber getting hurt?

Handgun hunting is quite popular. Maybe time to do some research before making such a claim. Diminishes your credibility for any other point your trying to make.

The old, 'if it saves one life', mantra is true as people armed with a handgun have indeed saved multiple lives.

An alcohol and drug use ban and lower speed limits would save even more lives. Lives would be saved if high school sports were abolished.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:58 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,535,084 times
Quote:
Hunting and handguns? Not so much. Hunting is normally done with a rifle. And not a military grade weapon either.
I know a guy that goes out and legally bags deer quite often, in his home state; with a USGI model 1911. That is a "military grade" handgun.

Pistol hunting is gaining quite a bit of popularity.

Sure, hunting may normally be done with a rifle - but it is not always the case.

I've been on quite a few Javelina hunts here in Arizona that were limited to Archery, Handgun and Muzzleloader (none of which are your normal hunting rifle.)

Which, in my opinion where much more enjoyable hunts than those I've been on with a rifle.

I can also legally go out and hunt during rifle season with my military grade AR-15, which (brace yourselves, gungrabbers) I built myself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates