Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2023, 11:37 AM

17,573 posts, read 15,237,377 times

Advertisements

For sale signs have gone up at the former KFC in Mauldin. I'll go out on a limb here and say that I suspect that building will be snatched up rather quick and something goes there by the end of the year.

I know, that's not a huge guess.. But I was considering that if they tear down and build new.. So.. If you want a little more reasonable guess.. Let's say that I think it'll be sold and at least construction started by end of June.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2023, 12:07 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,443,903 times
Just saw a news article — Spartanburg’s Bed Bath and Beyond is on the next round of closures list. Sad about West Gate Mall . . .

Old 01-31-2023, 12:22 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
Waffle House at I-85 and Laurens Road has closed.

Old 01-31-2023, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Waffle House at I-85 and Laurens Road has closed.

That's been gone at least a month or two. I noticed it was closed back in December.

I kinda wonder if the property was sold or something. Not according to GIS.. However, everything around it is owned by "Licar LLC" which basically seems to be a holding company for ICAR.

So.. I'd be surprised if they didn't go to Waffle House and toss a fair market price to them for that piece of land.. And if that unit were underperforming or in need of major work (Looks like it was built about 40 years ago).. They probably wouldn't argue a whole lot about selling it.

FYI.. "That piece of land' encompasses the Waffle House building and parking lot. Nothing else. So.. It is just a little half acre spot of land.

Old 01-31-2023, 04:20 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,012,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Just saw a news article — Spartanburg’s Bed Bath and Beyond is on the next round of closures list. Sad about West Gate Mall . . .
Yes I was surprised to discover not long ago Dicks Sporting Goods was also gone from that end of the mall. That entire side of the mall including the vacant Sears is going to have to be redeveloped. Otherwise it appears to still have 3 good anchors with Dillards, Belk and JCP and a freestanding Costco in the back.

Old 01-31-2023, 07:00 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,351,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yes I was surprised to discover not long ago Dicks Sporting Goods was also gone from that end of the mall. That entire side of the mall including the vacant Sears is going to have to be redeveloped. Otherwise it appears to still have 3 good anchors with Dillards, Belk and JCP and a freestanding Costco in the back.
Wish they would put a Macy's in the old Sears spot.

Old 02-01-2023, 06:57 AM

428 posts, read 362,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That's been gone at least a month or two. I noticed it was closed back in December.

I kinda wonder if the property was sold or something. Not according to GIS.. However, everything around it is owned by "Licar LLC" which basically seems to be a holding company for ICAR.

So.. I'd be surprised if they didn't go to Waffle House and toss a fair market price to them for that piece of land.. And if that unit were underperforming or in need of major work (Looks like it was built about 40 years ago).. They probably wouldn't argue a whole lot about selling it.

FYI.. "That piece of land' encompasses the Waffle House building and parking lot. Nothing else. So.. It is just a little half acre spot of land.

I never knew there was a Waffle House right there. Hahah

Old 02-01-2023, 07:20 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,012,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
I never knew there was a Waffle House right there. Hahah
I knew it was there but always seemed to be frequented the most by truck drivers. The Waffle House next to the old Greenville Mall (now converted to Subway I believe) was the late night go to back in my party days or the Denny's between S. Pleasantburg and Augusta on 85. That's the one I miss the most. Good times.

Old 02-01-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I knew it was there but always seemed to be frequented the most by truck drivers. The Waffle House next to the old Greenville Mall (now converted to Subway I believe) was the late night go to back in my party days or the Denny's between S. Pleasantburg and Augusta on 85. That's the one I miss the most. Good times.

That Dennys, by the 90's.. Your Grand Slam might come with an unhealthy level of lead. That place just became dangerous.. That and the Waffle House that was basically in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn at I-85 and Augusta.

Saturday night at 2am(Well, Sunday morning) when the bars closed.. There were several shootings at that Waffle House.. And they used to just keep the cops there.

Anyway.. Another quasi-closing here in Mauldin I noticed today. The co-branded Long John Silvers and A&W is apparently no longer co-branded. It's just LJS.

Old 02-01-2023, 01:17 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,351,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That Dennys, by the 90's.. Your Grand Slam might come with an unhealthy level of lead. That place just became dangerous.. That and the Waffle House that was basically in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn at I-85 and Augusta.

Saturday night at 2am(Well, Sunday morning) when the bars closed.. There were several shootings at that Waffle House.. And they used to just keep the cops there.

Anyway.. Another quasi-closing here in Mauldin I noticed today. The co-branded Long John Silvers and A&W is apparently no longer co-branded. It's just LJS.
I believe Long John Silvers and A&W are now separate companies. At one time I believe they were both owned by Yum Brands, owner of KFC, back when they were co-branded. They are now building new stand alone A&W locations, with plans announced for Rock Hill and Gastonia. Perhaps a new store will come to the Upstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area