Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 01:57 PM

26 posts, read 31,734 times

Advertisements

Went to VooDoo BBQ on Woodruff Road today to find it shuttered with "FOR LEASE" signs plastered on the door. When they opened a few years ago we really enjoyed going there but in the last several months it had seemed to go down hill in quality & service. One time they were out of the three or four sides we asked for so we just left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 02:14 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,661,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshrop6004 View Post
Went to VooDoo BBQ on Woodruff Road today to find it shuttered with "FOR LEASE" signs plastered on the door. When they opened a few years ago we really enjoyed going there but in the last several months it had seemed to go down hill in quality & service. One time they were out of the three or four sides we asked for so we just left.
That's disappointing. We haven't been there much in the last year since we moved to the north end of the county, but they were one of the better, and definitely the most consistent BBQ place we've been to around here.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:37 PM

251 posts, read 950,596 times
It looks like Bada Bing Pizza in Greer has Closed. I called to order a pizza at least a week ago and the phone had been disconnected. The next time I was in the area I drove by the sign was still up, but they were closed.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:34 AM

292 posts, read 344,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshrop6004 View Post
I only ate there one time when they first opened and felt like it was a little too pricey for the kind of food they were serving - which is why I only ate there one time.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:19 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
I only ate there one time when they first opened and felt like it was a little too pricey for the kind of food they were serving - which is why I only ate there one time.
I ate there one time too. I liked the food and I'm surprised they closed.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Default Bada Bing Pizza #2, Hudson Corners, 2113 Old Spartanburg Road, Greer, South Carolina 29650-2704

Quote:
Originally Posted by witton View Post
It looks like Bada Bing Pizza in Greer has Closed. I called to order a pizza at least a week ago and the phone had been disconnected. The next time I was in the area I drove by the sign was still up, but they were closed.
Bada Bing Pizza #2 closed approximately around the end of June.

The location would be a good location for a pizza restaurant, not a delivery service.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:31 AM

7,258 posts, read 4,624,529 times
Nivens Apple Farm will close after 41 years at the end of the 2015 season. The owners are retiring, as he is now in his 80's. Nivens Apple Farm is located in Spartanburg Co just off of rt290 between Duncan and Moore, SC.

Upcoming festivals include:
Apple Fest on Sat Sept 19, 10a-6p, plans to include: apple pie contest, live bluegrass music, hay rides, apple picking, etc. (More info: Apple Fest )

Pumpkin Fest on Sat Oct 17, 10a-6p, plans to include pumpkin carving contest, live music, hay rides, pumpkin picking, food, etc. (More info: Pumpkin Fest )

The farm is currently for sale at $1.2 million.

The large Tyger River industrial park grounds for future development are right in this same area.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:20 PM

19 posts, read 28,844 times
On a funny note: The old revolving ice cream shop location that is at the corner of Harrison bridge Rd and Fairview Rd in Simpsonville is becoming a dentist office.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:41 AM

321 posts, read 406,256 times
B&B Breakfast & Burgers located at 1004 W Georgia Rd Simpsonville (next to Food Lion) has closed.

They are hoping to move to a new location in Fountain Inn. Pretty good burger but it's hard to survive. There should be mandatory counseling for anyone wanting to open a little mom and pop restaurant. Somebody should try to talk people out of it.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:00 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russwd View Post
B&B Breakfast & Burgers located at 1004 W Georgia Rd Simpsonville (next to Food Lion) has closed.

They are hoping to move to a new location in Fountain Inn. Pretty good burger but it's hard to survive. There should be mandatory counseling for anyone wanting to open a little mom and pop restaurant. Somebody should try to talk people out of it.

Those type of places dont do very well here in town for some reason. Theres one place out of town, that has changed hands, open and closed so much I cant even begin to count. Theres another building beside that that is suppose to be a Mexican restaurant, but I dont think its going to open. In all honesty, I dont see how Buckys stays open, only being open certain days of the week, and I dont see Cochinos, or however its spelled, being open long. Sure, they are unique for Ft Inn, and occasionally I do seethem packed, but here lately, not so much. Even JPeters crowd is dying off somewhat. The Clock has been there forever, so I dont see it going anywhere, unless Jeff retires and sells it off.

Good luck to them!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area