Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 09:17 PM

341 posts, read 761,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Urbanplanet. Closing at the end of the month according to store manager. The most shocking part is that Armani Exchange has apparently shown interest in the space.
Yup. I found it out.
Well, at least I get to go to A&F at Millenia this summer, the greatest one ever!
Sorry Haywood, but that will probably eliminate my chances of ever going back to Haywood. I do over 70% of my shopping at A&F. If I want to go to somewhere, it will be SouthPark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 08:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Abercrombie & Fitch's closing should be no surprise. Trendy designer stores are not faring well these days.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Abercrombie & Fitch's closing should be no surprise. Trendy designer stores are not faring well these days.
A&F is almost the opposite of a trendy designer store. It is a very traditional store with classic styles. Hardly anything trendy and designer about it.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:57 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,256 times
The Blockbuster on Woodruff Road by Publix is closing. I was quite surprised when I stopped by yesterday and saw that they were selling everything, even the fixtures. The signs on the windows told customers to visit their new location (blockbuster.com). I wonder if they are closing more Greenville locations (I moved here recently and don't know where any other Blockbusters are).

Old 01-08-2012, 10:13 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
The Blockbuster on Woodruff Road by Publix is closing. I was quite surprised when I stopped by yesterday and saw that they were selling everything, even the fixtures. The signs on the windows told customers to visit their new location (blockbuster.com). I wonder if they are closing more Greenville locations (I moved here recently and don't know where any other Blockbusters are).
According to the signage on the store they're moving not closing. I don't know where though.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:16 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
A&F is almost the opposite of a trendy designer store. It is a very traditional store with classic styles. Hardly anything trendy and designer about it.

A&F is closing all of their stores except very large cities. They like every other retailer want you to shop online so they don'y have the overhead of brick and morter stores, hiring people etc. Really sad in a way. I like looking online but had rather go to the store to make my purchase rather than run the risk of someone stealing it off my porch when it is delivered. ALSO fun to hunt for clearance items and cheap bargains in brick and morter stores.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:26 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
There was or is another at Mauldin Rd & Pleasantburg. Not sure if that is near you are not. Blockbuster has had problems for years; they will be totally gone in the near future.

If you live near Mauldin there is a Family Video in the 200-300 E Butler Rd area.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
A&F is closing all of their stores except very large cities. They like every other retailer want you to shop online so they don'y have the overhead of brick and morter stores, hiring people etc. Really sad in a way. I like looking online but had rather go to the store to make my purchase rather than run the risk of someone stealing it off my porch when it is delivered. ALSO fun to hunt for clearance items and cheap bargains in brick and morter stores.
A&F is actually keeping many stores in smaller cities. The Asheville and Johnson City stores are staying open. As well as Myrtle Beach and Augusta if I'm not mistaken. I just don't see why they closed the store in Greenville. I don't like shopping online, and there were a few people here and there planning on making the drive from Columbia to Greenville to go there. Well, now they can't. I hope that they will reconsider, but I doubt they will.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
It is hard to be a traditional store with classic styles if its clothing is comtempary/trendy and the store is playing techno music constantly.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:52 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
A building permit worth $100,000 was filed this past week for Haywood Mall. Don't know if it's for A&F's space though. Certainly hope it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area