Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 04:27 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Prices are going up and in a not very nocey way. A friend who smokes and sells pulled pork said her distributor raised the wholesale price of pork shoulder fifty-five cents per pound. .
This will have a negative effect on businesses causing some to close their doors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 07:50 PM

144 posts, read 295,864 times
Well Businesses close, sometimes because of economy and sometimes because of bad business.

I do think this thread might be a good place for people to think about good retail space that is come open and what could go there.

I hate the Pelican Closed but I think they really just bit off more than they could chew and got to far away from the base they built up on Stallings Rd and that Pebble Creek group. Good Food however and I was hoping it would gain a foothold.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:26 PM

423 posts, read 898,412 times
A Press on Ridgeland Dr. Owner retired.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:10 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttown View Post
Well Businesses close, sometimes because of economy and sometimes because of bad business.

I do think this thread might be a good place for people to think about good retail space that is come open and what could go there.

I hate the Pelican Closed but I think they really just bit off more than they could chew and got to far away from the base they built up on Stallings Rd and that Pebble Creek group. Good Food however and I was hoping it would gain a foothold.
There is a thread for businesses wanted in the Greer area.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/green...would-you.html

Old 12-27-2011, 12:22 PM

Sears To Close 100 To 120 Kmart, Sears Stores

Sears To Close 100 To 120 Kmart, Sears Stores | WSPA

Wonder if the few remaining stores around here will see any closures. I remember someone mentioning they were told the the Kmart of Wade Hampton would be closing a while back.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:44 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post

Wonder if the few remaining stores around here will see any closures. I remember someone mentioning they were told the the Kmart of Wade Hampton would be closing a while back.
Quote:
No word if any of the closings will affect Upstate or Western North Carolina stores.
I sure hope Mauldin officials are working to keep our store open. After losing Big Lots we need this Kmart.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:12 PM

Just saw a commercial for The Jewelers Gallery on Woodruff, says they're closing their doors forever - no date given in the ad.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:26 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Would be awesome if Sears closed the Haywood Mall store so Nordstrom or Von Maur could locate there.

Quote:
Just saw a commercial for The Jewelers Gallery on Woodruff, says they're closing their doors forever - no date given in the ad.
Sales tactic probably rather than actual closing. They've been saying they are going to close for the past six months at least.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:

Yes, word on the street is the Wade Hampton Kmart is closing in February. This closing would be no surprise. It has been consistently underperforming, but was spared at the last minute when over 300 Kmart locations closed in 2003. Since then, Walmart in Taylors expanded into a supercenter, Target entered the area, and Winn Dixie closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I sure hope Mauldin officials are working to keep our store open. After losing Big Lots we need this Kmart.
The Mauldin Kmart remains quite busy, especially when Walmart and Target are not nearby.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Yes, word on the street is the Wade Hampton Kmart is closing in February. This closing would be no surprise. It has been consistently underperforming, but was spared at the last minute when over 300 Kmart locations closed in 2003. Since then, Walmart in Taylors expanded into a supercenter, Target entered the area, and Winn Dixie closed.

The Mauldin Kmart remains quite busy, especially when Walmart and Target are not nearby.
Thankfully I very rarely shop at Kmart. So instead of a 10min drive, I'd have to drive to the next Kmart an extra 10 minutes away, that is if there was truly something worthwhile to go there for, which I doubt there would ever be.

The ones near my old home in SOFLA were both small, and nasty. Even after they tried to spruce them up, they were depressing and lifeless and seemed to work with a skeleton crew all the time. I hated going in there and usually it was only when they had Pepsi on sale. I don't think I've bought much of anything else from there in many years. DH did like their pharmacy though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area