Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 07:16 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times

Advertisements

On the heels of Pat Grissinger's recently thread about the closing of
Plaid Pelican

Plaid Pelican

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread of businesses recently closed to keep others from venturing out only to find their intended destination/target is closed.

If you know of a business that's closed it's doors recently, or know of one that's closing (for sure) very soon, please post it here.

With the holiday season almost done I'm sure there will be businesses closing after the New Year, and with so many gift cards and online certificates from Groupon and LivingSocial, among others, out there, it would be good to try and help others keep on top of places that closed, or may be closing their doors soon that they haven't heard about. Happened to us with
Maggie Moo's on Augusta who recently closed.

I wish all the independent businesses owners in the Upstate area a successful and prosperous New Year in 2012. Hoping the NEW BUSINESS OPENING threads on this forum out number the ones that are posted as closing on this thread!

In advance, thanks for those who post viable and helpful information on this thread.

Last edited by Eldemila; 12-24-2011 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 08:08 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,238 times
Quizno's in Simpsonville

Old 12-24-2011, 10:11 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
You sure have been doom and gloom lately with closings in the area Eldemila. Don't know why either. Cheer up...you're supposed to be happy this time of year. Naturally the most closings especially of the small business variety happen right around and after Christmas time every year so these retailers/restaurants can make the most profit before leaving. The good news is that you'll probably see a lot of openings happen in the late Spring/early Summer. And it's not all bad news either:

-Carolina Ale House opening on Woodruff Road soon.
-Monterry's opening on Wade Hampton Blvd. soon.
-Petco opening next to REI soon.
-Christmas Tree Shops opening in old Goody's location soon.
-Breakwater Restaurant opening in old Rio Grille spot downtown soon.

Last edited by g-man430; 12-24-2011 at 11:01 AM..

Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
Quizno's in Simpsonville
Might as all include every nearby location since the others that had survived are now closed as well. I always considered them good but over-priced in this market. That may have been the primary cause of their demise in the Upstate.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
You sure have been doom and gloom lately with closings in the area Eldemila. Don't know why either. Cheer up...you're supposed to be happy this time of year. Naturally the most closings especially of the small business variety happen right around and after Christmas time every year so these retailers/restaurants can make the most profit before leaving. The good news is that you'll probably see a lot of openings happen in the late Spring/early Summer. And it's not all bad news either:

-Carolina Ale House opening on Woodruff Road soon.
-Monterry's opening on Wade Hampton Blvd. soon.
-Petco opening next to REI soon.
-Christmas Tree Shops opening in old Goody's location soon.
-Breakwater Restaurant opening in old Rio Grille spot downtown soon.
Luckily I've only was intentionally going to the one place, Maggie Moo's, that closed. No doom or gloom here. All my fav places, other than Flounder Bar & Grill that closed almost a year ago are still open. Definitely a happy camper, uh, shopper.

Thanks for the list of upcoming openings, though I'd much rather see some local retailers with some businesses that bring something new and exciting to the table. Not in to Christmas Tree Shops, and no pets.

Hmmmm, maybe I should think more about one of the the businesses I've been contemplating opening, definitely no others in the area!

Hopefully this thread won't get too long, or too off subject.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:08 PM

423 posts, read 898,412 times
Dixie Family Restaurant on Poinsett Hwy.
Open Kitchen on Haywood Rd but after having a sign on it that it was closed for renovations it reopened under another name but not sure if the food is the same.
Big Lots in Mauldin relocated to the old Bilo in Simpsonville.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
Dixie Family Restaurant on Poinsett Hwy.
Open Kitchen on Haywood Rd but after having a sign on it that it was closed for renovations it reopened under another name but not sure if the food is the same.
Big Lots in Mauldin relocated to the old Bilo in Simpsonville.
Thanks for mentioning the Big Lots in Mauldin, I meant to ask about it when I saw it closed a couple weeks ago. I liked that Big Lots too. They didn't relocate the store anywhere else? Wonder why they closed.

Old 12-25-2011, 08:13 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Thanks for mentioning the Big Lots in Mauldin, I meant to ask about it when I saw it closed a couple weeks ago. I liked that Big Lots too. They didn't relocate the store anywhere else? Wonder why they closed.
As a Mauldin resident we were confused by this too. They moved to Simpsonville. I will never go down there to buy anything from them.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:17 AM

55 posts, read 140,864 times
The Upper Room above Trio on Main St will now be open just for private parties.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:24 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
Prices are going up and in a not very cozy way. A friend who smokes and sells pulled pork said her distributor raised the wholesale price of pork shoulder fifty-five cents per pound. .

Last edited by linicx; 12-29-2011 at 01:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area