Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 07:30 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Has anyone had recent issues with Bojangles' #594, 112 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1650?

I went through the drive thru last week. I hope it is the last time I use the drive thru at this location. I placed my order at the menu, then drive around to the side. The first window, the pay window, was closed. I drive up to the second window, the pickup window, three minutes after placing the order. I do not know if Bojangles' #594 has turned into a street pharmacy. There was a strong odor of crack and/or weed coming from inside. The attendant, who appeared intoxicated, appeared under the influence of something, and had slurred speech, informed me my order had not been started yet, and to park past the window. Fifteen minutes later, my order comes out. I was not expecting blackened fried chicken, frozen sides, and the aroma of crack and weed.

If Bojangles' is looking to close additional underachieving locations beyond Bojangles' #774 (3645 Pelham Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29615-5002), Bojangles' #594 should be the first to close.
I believe the location you reference is one of their new flagship, upscale designs. Sounds like they are having major customer service and quality control issues. I have had good experiences at their other Wade Hampton locations in Taylors and Lyman.

I have noticed many fast food establishments are having difficulty training and retaining reliable and quality help as a result of reduced hours and closings due to COVID-19. Perhaps that is part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 07:19 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Speed Bowl Korean now officially open. Went in the other day in the hope they had gluten free items, they don't, except pork belly.

Old 08-27-2020, 09:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Default Cook-Out, 1353 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1124

Has anyone had issues recently with Cook Out in Greer? I liked going to this location. Recent negative experiences may have me going elsewhere.

While waiting in the drive thru, a swarm of vagrants and Cook Out associates were outside engaged in lewd and lascivious acts and drug usage. I was not expecting Cook Out to be a strip club and a crack house besides being a restaurant. The drive thru window had a strong aroma of crack or something green and smokable.

Old 08-28-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Has anyone had issues recently with Cook Out in Greer? I liked going to this location. Recent negative experiences may have me going elsewhere.

While waiting in the drive thru, a swarm of vagrants and Cook Out associates were outside engaged in lewd and lascivious acts and drug usage. I was not expecting Cook Out to be a strip club and a crack house besides being a restaurant. The drive thru window had a strong aroma of crack or something green and smokable.
This would certainly represent an undesirable experience. Perhaps the franchise owner should address these concerns. Also wish Checkers would return to Greenville County as previously announced a few years ago. Nearest location is Shelby, NC.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:44 AM

285 posts, read 456,979 times
Roma Invicta closed

Old 09-09-2020, 07:55 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
Roma Invicta closed
That location and the one on Main Street that was just Iras Chicken are restaurant graveyards.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:52 PM

Copper River Grill has closed.

Old 01-16-2024, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Copper River Grill has closed.
Is the Haywood Rd. location still open?

Many of these family dining restaurants seem to be having difficulty since the pandemic, and facing closure. Including Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, O'Charleys, and earlier Ryan's and Shoney's. Sorry to see them go. I miss Ruby Tuesday, Ryan's and Shoney's. I grew up with Shoney's back when they were Big Boy and miss the original Big Boy concept. Also visited Bob's Big Boy in Virginia and Frisch's in Kentucky and Ohio. Wish they could make a comeback here.

Old 01-16-2024, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

Many of these family dining restaurants seem to be having difficulty since the pandemic, and facing closure. Including Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, O'Charleys, and earlier Ryan's and Shoney's. Sorry to see them go. I miss Ruby Tuesday, Ryan's and Shoney's. I grew up with Shoney's back when they were Big Boy and miss the original Big Boy concept. Also visited Bob's Big Boy in Virginia and Frisch's in Kentucky and Ohio. Wish they could make a comeback here.
I have not checked Copper River Grill's Greenville location. I know the Easley location closed some time ago.

Old 01-16-2024, 05:18 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

It was open Saturday night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area