Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 06:14 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Captain D's is a no go for Greer. The franchisee has closed locations in Boiling Springs, Easley, and Spartanburg.
The D's in Greenwood is really good. Open there for decades. Just was there a few weeks ago. I think it is franchised out of Augusta though. They need to run the other upstate outlets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 09:04 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Anyone know if the Walgreens on WH by the QT at 290 is closing. I see the building is up for sale on LoopNet for a mere $5mil600k. Also, that John Harris Body Shops on WH in the old OD is up for sale - they just opened that not too long ago.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:04 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,049,508 times
When did the chick Fil a in Greer start the renovations? I first noticed early this am. You’ve gotta hand it to them, they know how to run a fast food joint. As much as I enjoyed the Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich, CFA is still my go to for fast food chicken. Popeyes has yet to fill an order I’ve placed accurately. 0 for 4.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:25 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ForksSC View Post
When did the chick Fil a in Greer start the renovations? I first noticed early this am. You’ve gotta hand it to them, they know how to run a fast food joint. As much as I enjoyed the Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich, CFA is still my go to for fast food chicken. Popeyes has yet to fill an order I’ve placed accurately. 0 for 4.
I have heard the Greer location of Popeyes has suffered quality control issues and problems with customer service. But I have enjoyed the food and service at the Boiling Springs location. I prefer the acclaimed Popeyes chicken sandwich over Chick-Fil-A.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:18 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ForksSC View Post

They started about 3-4 weeks ago. Supposed to be done in 8 weeks total from what they've told us.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:20 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I have heard the Greer location of Popeyes has suffered quality control issues and problems with customer service. But I have enjoyed the food and service at the Boiling Springs location. I prefer the acclaimed Popeyes chicken sandwich over Chick-Fil-A.

Ok, I've had the Popeye's spicy sandwich 4-5 times now. I can say that it is quite different than CFA's sandwich. I actually like the Popeye's sandwich better. It's a different kind of flavor vs the CFA one.

Both are great though!

Old 02-10-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Ok, I've had the Popeye's spicy sandwich 4-5 times now. I can say that it is quite different than CFA's sandwich. I actually like the Popeye's sandwich better. It's a different kind of flavor vs the CFA one.

Both are great though!
Yes both are very good but Popeyes is crispier, larger, and tastier to me. I prefer the spicy version with the special sauce.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:55 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
The D's in Greenwood is really good. Open there for decades. Just was there a few weeks ago. I think it is franchised out of Augusta though. They need to run the other upstate outlets.
I think Captain D's problem in South Carolina is not resolving issues at existing locations before expanding to additional locations. This has resolved in new locations being short-lived and existing locations closing.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I think Captain D's problem in South Carolina is not resolving issues at existing locations before expanding to additional locations. This has resolved in new locations being short-lived and existing locations closing.
I like Captain D's and find them better than Long John Silvers. But indeed they seem to have quality control problems with the franchisees in the Upstate.

Old 07-26-2020, 11:21 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Bojangles' #594, 112 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1650

Has anyone had recent issues with Bojangles' #594, 112 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1650?

I went through the drive thru last week. I hope it is the last time I use the drive thru at this location. I placed my order at the menu, then drive around to the side. The first window, the pay window, was closed. I drive up to the second window, the pickup window, three minutes after placing the order. I do not know if Bojangles' #594 has turned into a street pharmacy. There was a strong odor of crack and/or weed coming from inside. The attendant, who appeared intoxicated, appeared under the influence of something, and had slurred speech, informed me my order had not been started yet, and to park past the window. Fifteen minutes later, my order comes out. I was not expecting blackened fried chicken, frozen sides, and the aroma of crack and weed.

If Bojangles' is looking to close additional underachieving locations beyond Bojangles' #774 (3645 Pelham Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29615-5002), Bojangles' #594 should be the first to close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area