Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2020, 08:45 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
It's not just this forum. Supermarkets are a hot topic on many city forums. You can tell it's where a lot of ones money goes. We are fortunate to have a lot of competition in the Carolina's. Some areas have one maybe two chains like a Kroger or a Walmart and that is it.
Bi-Lo
Lowe’s
Whole Foods Market
Trader Joe’s
Harris Teeter
Walmart
Publix
Food Lion
Ingles
The Fresh Market
Aldi
Lidl
Target
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 10:39 AM

192 posts, read 207,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
We’re getting a Wegman’s?
Last heard that they will probably have to get to Charlotte before SC becomes a candidate.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:46 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
Last heard that they will probably have to get to Charlotte before SC becomes a candidate.
Currently Wegman's has just entered the Raleigh-Durham Triangle area of NC as an expansion from Virginia. There is speculation they also have long term plans to expand down to Charlotte, but that remains to be seen. If they enter the Charlotte market, then Greenville, SC would be a logical move into the Upstate. But that may be a while yet.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:03 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,993 times
Quote:
Bi-Lo
Lowe’s
Whole Foods Market
Trader Joe’s
Harris Teeter
Walmart
Publix
Food Lion
Ingles
The Fresh Market
Aldi
Lidl
Target
Earth Fare (reopened) and KJ's (Easley) as well.

Old 11-17-2020, 04:51 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Bi-Lo
Lowe’s
Whole Foods Market
Trader Joe’s
Harris Teeter
Walmart
Publix
Food Lion
Ingles
The Fresh Market
Aldi
Lidl
Target
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Earth Fare (reopened) and KJ's (Easley) as well.

Sprouts too

Old 11-17-2020, 10:24 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
I knew I had to be missing some. Lol. How do they all stay in business?

Old 11-18-2020, 06:31 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,845,701 times
Quote:
I knew I had to be missing some. Lol. How do they all stay in business?
I wonder this myself. My parents' town in NJ had one, maybe two supermarkets within a 20+ minute drive. I predicted a big crash in the supermarket sector around here from oversaturation, which if it was going to happen would probably have happened in the last few months. But it didn't, so the area can clearly support this many supermarkets.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:04 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
I wonder this myself. My parents' town in NJ had one, maybe two supermarkets within a 20+ minute drive. I predicted a big crash in the supermarket sector around here from oversaturation, which if it was going to happen would probably have happened in the last few months. But it didn't, so the area can clearly support this many supermarkets.
Oversaturation remains a problem. BI-LO was the first to fail. All that remains are Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Ingle's, Lowe's Foods, Publix, and Walmart Neighborhood Market. Some participants will continue to grow their market share through additional locations and additional sales. Other participants will lose their market share through fewer locations and decreased sales.

Old 11-18-2020, 11:16 AM

192 posts, read 207,783 times
Lidl is scouting for a spot to put a location on Augusta St.

Also, Lidl is considering Greer and Anderson for possible new location areas. Meanwhile, Lidl is selling a lot they own in Traveler's Rest, deciding not to do a location there.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:53 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Actually many grocery chains have made more money than ever before since the first quarter this year from what I have read. All the hoarding and panic buying people did earlier this year paid off in sales as well as the restaurant shut downs too. People have to eat somewhere I guess and they stayed at home and cooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area