Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 04:26 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times

Advertisements

The walls for Kohl's started going up today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
it is indeed the largest in SC and the largest on the east coast, with the exception of a two level walmart in NY, I think its closer to 150,000 sq ft though
I'm from the Albany, NY area where the two-story Crossgates Commons WalMart is located. Many moons ago it was built as a WalMart (before they had Supercenters - at least in the area) upstairs and a Sam's Club downstairs. They were not connected at all. Sam's closed and sat vacate for awhile. Wallies turned it into a 2 story Wallies because they were stuck paying for both locations for quite sometime and there's nowhere in that area to build a Supercenter.

That WalMart is still the largest in the US. It is just under 260,000 square feet. It's a VERY strange layout. Kind of a pain if you want batteries as they are only located upstairs. If you park on the first floor, you HAVE to check out there. There's no way to get there otherwise. It's REALLY strange! It's an experience I tell you!

This Easley store looks gorgeous on the outside especially for a WalMart. Nice to see they're finally changing their design and putting at least a little thought into what the stores look like. This store has waaaaaaaay more trees and grass in it's parking lot than mine does in Aiken.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 PM

57 posts, read 109,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Red Lobster and O'Charley's are two great chains that have not expanded in the upstate in ages. O'Charley's went from planning a second Greenville location to closing its only store several years ago. Red Lobster usually does not open that many new locations assuming the cost of seafood factors greatly into its expansion plans.

Whoever opens in Easley, one or the other is bound to open over in Seneca.
I go to O'Charley's in Anderson all the time. I love their food. It would be great to see them in Easley.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:38 PM

3 posts, read 6,917 times
Does anyone know what will be going in the old Wal-Mart building??

Old 05-10-2011, 06:40 AM

356 posts, read 677,377 times
I've heard Big Lots is going in, will not use entire building, more like close to half, should happen some time this year

Old 05-24-2011, 12:45 PM

3 posts, read 6,917 times
Ok...so, I've read in a few different threads now that Big Lots will be moving into old walmart building. G-man, is this true? Also, if they will not be using the entire building....what will occupy the left over space?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:05 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
I'm not gman, but as far as I know big lots moving to the old walmart space is still just a rumor and/or in the works. It would make sense as there are some big lots stores in other bilo plazas in the greenville area. As far as the remaining space goes, if big lots moves in I assume they will renovate and create other spaces for retail. I do not think anything is currently known about what they might be. I fear for this plaza as the bilo is in dire need of renovation and most of the other shops are vacant or will become vacant relatively soon(sallys beauty).

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Old 05-25-2011, 12:42 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Sorry guys, but I haven't heard who or what is going into the old Walmart at this time. If I hear anything, i'll let you know.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:47 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
I've heard it will be Sam's Club, but we'll have to wait and see.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:27 AM

111 posts, read 223,425 times
Pretty surprised that this Wal Mart does not have an auto service dept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area