Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 04:21 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times

Advertisements

Tami...I'm so sorry for your daughter and grandkids and you..Keep posting and writing whenever you need to talk...Please let us know how you are doing when you can...So sorry for you and your family...Wish we could all be with you "in-person" right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Didn't fall asleep until around 6a.m. and when I woke up the first thing I thought was "did I dream that happened?". I wish that's what it had been...a dream but the nightmare is real. *sigh* My heart is so heavy again this "morning". (it's morning to me today)

Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
Tami,
Praying for your family and you. xxxoo

Old 03-08-2013, 05:01 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
I don't know if this is the right place for my post, but it seems fitting. I don't know what's happening, but a few pretty major bad things have been happening to me all at once, since the 3rd week of Feb (2013) to now: (In no particular order)

- My precious, beloved dog I've had since he was a puppy, who I've spoiled & truly loved passed away rather suddenly...3 days shy of being 8 yrs old, which isn't that old. The average lifespan of a boston terrier is about 12 yrs old.

- Today, I was told I was being let go from my dream job. It's my 2nd year on the job. I started grad school and got hired for it at pretty much the same time, so I've had to hit the ground running & working tremendously hard. I guess I wasn't doing quite as well as I thought I was. My last day is May 23, 2013.

I live alone here, so my main concern is not being able to afford my apt much longer & having to move back in w/ my parents. I just moved out last June, 2012.

- I'm kind of struggling in my grad school program, which isn't easy stuff. I've recently reached out & asked for a tutor, so I'm waiting to see who they're going to set me up with. I'll graduate a semester later than the originally set date: Now it's Dec., 2014 rather than May, 2014. At least I'm not getting kicked out of my program! I've been doing well in all my classes, except one.

- My mom, who's been having her bad-feeling days throughout the years has been having a LOT more bad-feeling days than good lately. No doctors could tell what was wrong. It was almost recently thought that she had one of those auto-immuned deficiency syndromes, like lupus, but she's confirmed with the doctor that she does NOT have lupus or anything else! So at least that's great news!

I've cried over my dog several times now, but today's news about my job has me feeling even more numb. I don't even know how to feel right now. This many bad things has never happened to me before!

Old 03-08-2013, 06:42 PM

Forever Blue...I'm so sorry about your dog and job and your concerns about your Mom and everything...Sorry you got "hit" with so many things all in a row...This is the right place to post. There are a lot of caring people here...It's good to get your feelings out. You've been through a lot lately. I'm so sorry you lost your dog. And now your job...I lost my husband and both my sons and 4 cats within just a few years and I'm still trying to "adjust" and deal with all of it...It's rough to be "hit" with so many losses and set-backs and worries all at the same time. Anyway please write again (when you feel up to it) and let us know how you're doing. Thanks. Take care.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 PM

CArizona, I really appreciate your kind words. I believe I'm a pretty strong person & I'll get through all this & yes, I'll post here again & keep you posted. My main worry used to be about getting over the passing of my dog. Now I can't even grieve good because I have to hustle & find another job or else move back home with my parents. I have an apt full of furniture, etc. I can't pay a monthly storage fee for who knows how long!

Old 03-08-2013, 11:05 PM

CArizona, I'm also sorry about your significant losses in such a short time.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:24 AM

Forever Blue...I know how overwhelming everything can seem..You'll hear a lot of people here talk about going "day-by-day" and focusing on immediate concerns and priorities...I hope you can find another job soon but I know the job market isn't the best right now...Do you think you can stay with your parents for awhile and put your stuff in their garage or someplace in the house for the time being?...A lot of people are going through "rough times" right now due to the economy. (People of all ages.) And it's sad and spooky!..My older son lost his high-paying job in the tech industry due to "downsizing" and was never able to find a comparable job...Anyway it's probably best to take one step at a time right now and find out if you can stay with your parents on a temporary basis until you find another job...Hope you can! Please keep posting! It's good to talk it all "out."

Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 PM

CArizona, thanks for replying. My parents are always welcoming to me coming back to live with them,they have no problem with that. I'm an only child, so they don't care. I just REALLY, REALLY hope I don't have to move back with them. I just moved out last June, 2012 & I like my little apt!

Old 03-09-2013, 03:05 PM

Forever Blue......Good to hear that your parents would be okay if you moved back temporarily...But good luck finding a job so you can keep your apt...It's always good to have a "back-up plan" just in case. Don't you think?...I rely on "back-up plans" quite a bit... I'm on my own (now) so I try to cover as many "bases" as possible to have "mental peace" and a sense of security...Of course I hope that my "plan A" or my "plan B" works out...But if all else fails I know I have "back-ups" and other possible alternatives on my list too...I'm an only child myself. My parents passed-away in the 90's. Sometimes I wish I could go home and be with my Mom and Dad for awhile. We were all close...Anyway thanks for responding. And please keep me posted. Good luck finding a job fast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning