Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,102 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1281 to 1290 of 1597
  1. peaches02
    06-14-2009 08:10 PM - permalink
    peaches02
    Hi my son will be moving to the Del Rio, Tx area as a boarder guard. Does anyone know much about the best parts of town?
  2. praizelady
    06-14-2009 07:37 PM - permalink
    praizelady
    Hello Everyone,
    I am a retired female firefighter from North Carolina, my husband recently got a job in the Texas area and hope to transfer over to Dallas ForthWorth area. I need help finding out what are the best community to live in that is child friendly great schools close to shopping areas and nearby hospitals and fire station. We need a great church home, don't have to be big on numbers, but must be about the Fathers business and working to bring people to Christ. We are both pastors and enjoy teaching the word of God. Please help us make a good decision for our family.
  3. catteyes75
    06-13-2009 06:40 PM - permalink
    catteyes75
    Hi Everybody,

I am young social worker residing in Boston, Ma whow would like to move to NC hopefully within the next 2 years. Where should I start my search?
  4. Ms. Toya
    06-12-2009 03:29 PM - permalink
    Ms. Toya
    Hi Everybody!!
    I'm a bi-racial female looking to relocate to Phoenix, AZ or Hawaii, (I am more focused on Phoenix though). I am really trying to make the move/drive right after Black Friday (day aftr Thanksgiving). But I have noticed while in my search that apartments & homes that AZ is dirt cheap compared to DE! But I've also noticed that there are very few homes with basements as well. Does anyone know a city or place in AZ that offers homes w/ basements? Thnks!
  5. TakinBabySteps09
    06-08-2009 06:43 AM - permalink
    TakinBabySteps09
    Hi, I'm a divorced Mom from VA, Needing a Positive Change in my Life. I have four grown kids (2 son's - 1 in college, 1 married with 2 grandbabies), 2 teenage daughters 19 & one will be 18 in 4 months, she's a Junior in High School. For the past 4-5 months the 17 y/o & I had plans to move this Summer and start a new life, she didn't care where it was, as long as her AP credits transferred for her Senior year, and she could still graduate with Honors. We knew her older sister would be moving out on her own anyway.
    Then 6 weeks ago, the 19 yr. old said, "Can we move to Florida?" because her boyfriend had broke up with her for the 4th time, because he was leaving for Dive School in July anyway.
    So, I said, "Sure, why not! , but I would need to ask the owner if we could get out of our lease." So, I did, and he said yes. As long as the house rents by the end of June, we can move to Florida. Well, I AM ECSTATIC!! It's not everyday, that a Realty Company/broker & Owner will let you out of your lease with legal ramifications.
    So, we took a trip down to Florida, last week, drove down, meet a great guy who showed us all around Ft. Lauderdale, South Beach, Hollywood, Miami, etc.
    I took my 19 y/o & her friend and we drove down. I had a blast. They had fun too, but hated Florida. The 17 y/o wouldn't go.
    Within a 2-3 week period, we started going to this new church here in Va. Beach, and she has met new friends, we've brought God into our lives, but NOW SHE DOESN'T WANT TO GO TO FLORIDA !!!!
    And the 19 year old hated it, she said their were no teenage boys, that weren't tourists on the Ft. Lauderdale strip, that were of her same race. (we met 3 guys from Philly the last night...lol)
    She wants to know WHERE ALL THE TEENS HANG OUT IN FT. LAUDERDALE??? THE LOCALS (CAUCASIAN-WHITE) and she's not racist, she's just looking for a piece of Va. Beach I think...
    Can someone please help me??
    Tell me what neighborhood I need to be looking for a rental home? 4 Bdrm or 5 Bdrm. with garage, pool? something nice, or they won't come.

HELLLLLP ME !! TIMES TICKING!
    I'M COMING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER !!!
  6. MirgatingWest10
    06-07-2009 09:10 AM - permalink
    MirgatingWest10
    Hello all, single mother of two looking to relocate to Arizona. Would love to know the ends and outs of Chandler, Ahwatukee area. Thanks!
  7. TraceyHardin
    06-01-2009 05:50 PM - permalink
    TraceyHardin
    My aunt & uncle with whom I live are fixing to move to toledo, oregon where his family lives. I want to go to. Ilive in Bryant, Arkansas now and work at Wal-mart. Will it be a culture shock and will I be able to transfer from my job?
  8. LCCF3
    05-31-2009 06:05 PM - permalink
    LCCF3
    Hello. My family and I are hoping to be relocating from Maryland to San Antonio in the Spring/Summer of 2010......as long as we're able to sell our current home. I need to find out if there are any older, semi-rustic homes, maybe ranchettes, available in the northern San Antonio area. It has to be in a great school district as we have four children. Thanks.
  9. VillageLife
    05-26-2009 10:59 AM - permalink
    VillageLife 
    Hi everyone! Make sure to go visit the forum,lots of info

http://www.city-data.com/forum/#u-s-forums

I am in this group too.

I am a realtor in Southern Cal. I can help you here.
  10. sweetiipie78
    05-26-2009 08:41 AM - permalink
    sweetiipie78
    Goodmorning everyone, I just added this group because my family and I live in Michigan and are interested in moving south for warmer weather. Our choices so far are Atlanta Ga, or Tampa Fl. Not too sure about moving out west, and I know California is expensive. Anyone with any info. or thoughts on these cities please shoot me a message. Thank you. One question I have is: Is Atlanta a lot hotter than Tampa?? My thought is that all of Georgia is hotter, and that Florida is hot, but at least has a breeze from the ocean, is this true???