Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,102 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1241 to 1250 of 1597
  1. babiesilve
    09-09-2009 10:56 AM - permalink
    babiesilve
    Hello Ladies, I am a childcare provider in the Hampton Roads Area (Va. Bch)- Green Run 23453 looking to extend my services to all parents exspecially single moms. I offer day time, evening, overnight, and weekend care for children ages 6 wk through 10 years of age. I am very flexible with rates and hours and I do understand the meaning of"single parenting". I am trained in CPR and First Aid and have been in business for 4 years now. For those that are relocating and need childcare in the Hampton Roads Area other then my area; I would still be more then happy to direct to other providers or websites for childcare that fits your needs!!
  2. MonBon
    09-03-2009 08:08 AM - permalink
    MonBon
    Hello, I'm a Realtor in the Greater Nashville, Tennessee area with Emphasis on Williamson County, TN ie. Brentwood and Franklin. Love to help you out or answer any questions if you're looking to move in this direction.
  3. cris2461
    09-03-2009 06:49 AM - permalink
    cris2461
    Hi, I too just joined this group and I'm not sure how it works. I hope I can figure it out soon, cuz I have lots of questions. My husband and I are 48 and 55 and we are already starting to think about where we want to retire to. we loved Long Island (thats where we live now) but it's too expensive and getting really congested. We don't like the South so we are toying between Ct-NH (I want to be in a coastal community) and upstate. We are looking for SUBURBIA shopping, colleges, hospitals, mass transportation(easy access) to NYC and most importantly lower cost of living. Any suggestions?
  4. stingray427
    09-01-2009 10:00 PM - permalink
    stingray427
    I'm thinking of moving to Custer from the San Francisco Bay area. I expect it to be less traffic, congestion and crime. Low population and not too expensive to buy a house. Is there anything I should know about Custer? Is the property tax that bad up there because it seems to make California property taxes reasonable.
  5. modifiedancer
    08-31-2009 11:00 AM - permalink
    modifiedancer
    My boyfriend and I are seriously considering a move to Alaska. We don't know where, probably the Kenai Peninsula but we haven't picked a spot yet. We have about a year and a half before the move, and I want to be prepared. I am looking for any and all stories of moving to Alaska, and advice.
  6. robert_andrey
    08-31-2009 04:11 AM - permalink
    robert_andrey
    hi my name is andrey ' i'm from bucharest , romania , europe , i whant to move in usa to work and study , what can i do , how can i make this ... is possible to tell me someone i search on internet but is difficult , i don't find any result ... thks
  7. desireefh
    08-30-2009 04:54 PM - permalink
    desireefh
    Hello- just joined. Thinking of moving to Philly, PA from ATL, GA. Move is not until next year, but I know i will need your help starting the first of the year!
  8. thesnowapefamily
    08-30-2009 06:49 AM - permalink
    thesnowapefamily
    Hello - just joined this group after learning my family and I will be relocating to Raleigh, NC from NJ (my husband has been transferred). No questions right now, although I am sure I will be posting in the coming months. Thank you!
  9. Topbillen
    08-29-2009 07:11 PM - permalink
    Topbillen
    Hello......I'm relocating to Baton Rouge for a new job and looking for a great place to rent? My Job is located off Florida Blvd. I guess it would be in the mid city area. I'm looking for something close within a few miles. I'm looking at the Towns Center area any suggestions, if I would like this area. "I'm from NY and I am relocating from Atlanta so I need something hot and exciting!"
  10. kcstpatrick17
    08-28-2009 12:35 PM - permalink
    kcstpatrick17
    Hi, I am looking to relocate to Colorado from San Diego, California. I use to live in Northern California and miss the Mountains and trees and large yards. I really love the sun and don't want to get snowed in every day and I really like the city life also. I am single and only 30 years old and very active outdoors, but just lost my job due to the economy and will be looking in the hospitality industry. So my main questions are:
    1. Where is the best location to live close to lakes or water, mountains, trees, but not too far from the city and somewhere to rent with a backyard for my dog.
    2. What is an average price for apartments/housing for a place with a backyard?
    3. How easy is it to meet new people?
    4. What is a good Christian Church in Colorado
    5. What is the best area to find a job in hospitality?
    6. I love the San Diego sun and was the main reason I moved here, do you think Colorado would be out of my league with four seasons?

I really appreciate anyones help!