Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,102 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1231 to 1240 of 1597
  1. movin2 normal soon
    10-04-2009 06:41 PM - permalink
    movin2 normal soon
    Hello all me and the family will be moving to normal, il just wanting some advise from someone down ther or nearby we're from chicago and I know it going to be a big clash for all of us I know the scholl are great we have 4 kids, doing the move for them I have 3 boys and a girl, chicago is too rough for them, they're young in age, the oldest is 15 and the baby she's 3, can anyone chat with me, thanks
  2. Rick Tortora
  3. militarywivesclub
    09-29-2009 04:16 AM - permalink
    militarywivesclub
    DITY MOVE TIPS or SHALL I SAY A BIT OF A FUNNY NIGHTMARE:
    1. Be prepared for the tire to break off your trailer (11,500 lb trailer; I was freaked it was going to flip over on the freeway - my husband kept driving until he finally picked up the cell. He didn't notice and just cruised on; I was behind the trailer and pop went the tire. Usually insurance will cover trailer behind your truck, but not the rental truck.
    2. Be prepared for your children to lock the keys in the Penske/U-haul truck or in your personal vehicle.
    3. Be prepared for the Penske/U-haul truck to just quite running when you're ready to get moving in the am after a great night in an awesome hotel a warm breakfast, then BAM - your stuck.
    4. Before paying full price - look for boxes and packing paper on craigslist; it's either cheap or free (recycle).
    5. Ride with the animals, the kids will drive you absolutely nutty - AHHHH!!!! The animals are nice and quite - you can chill. My spouse and I switched back and forth.
    6. Grab the hotel that has a hot tub, hot breakfast, and a pool if possible. Relax and enjoy the trip.
  4. db1707
    09-27-2009 06:33 PM - permalink
    db1707
    56 yr old single female considering Del Webb's Hill Country Retreat. Concerned with acceptance into groups/activities if most residences consist of couples. Any problems experienced? And general feel for neighborhood? Looks like a great place.
  5. TrulyJaicee
    09-27-2009 04:36 AM - permalink
    TrulyJaicee
    Anyone planning on retiring or has someone retired somewhere nice in Florida? I am currently in South Florida, but would like to check out other towns north of here to settle in... would appreciate anyone with good input or suggestions of other towns to check out for someone not quite ready to hit total retirement mode... I need a big town with small town charm!
  6. maltaclean
    09-21-2009 08:31 PM - permalink
    maltaclean
    I am a foreign Physical Therapist , planning to write National Physical Therapy Examination in USA.I did credentials evaluation with NYSED.I will be willing to guide any foriegn PT planning to do his credentialing with NYSED.
  7. CharlotteHomeConnect
  8. 09-18-2009 11:08 AM - permalink
    missymamaz
    Hello
    My name is Missy originally from Boston,Ma moved to philly 12 years ago ready to relocate to the georgia area trying to finish respiratory school and seek employment.Need help the 1st time doing it alone with just me and my 4 kids 11,10,8,and 5 so looking for good schools is a priority.Don't want to be right in Atlanta more in a suburb but close to hospitals this is where i will be seeking employment Thanks to anyone with the knowledge of how to get started
  9. RebeccaGriffin
    09-15-2009 01:08 PM - permalink
    RebeccaGriffin
    Hi Everyone!
    Rebecca here from Zephyrhills, FL (Tampa Bay area). I am a realtor with Coldwell Banker. I am looking forward to helping out all the snowbirds this fall. I am also a Certified Distressed Property Expert here to help any homeowners who need help. Check out my website www. CertifiedDistressedPropertyAgent.net
    Rebecca
  10. kelly katsus