Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:19 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,683,843 times

Advertisements

Two crime victims kill their attackers in Metro Atlanta | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2009/02/08/atlanta_victims_kill_atackers.html?cxntlid=homepag e_tab_newstab - broken link)

...still want to wait on the police?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 12:29 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,496,439 times
sigh--I think I might do well defending myself with a knife. Would surely shoot myself with a gun.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:50 PM

5 posts, read 9,956 times
I heard Georgia state allow anyone and everyone to own a gun for self defense. very scary. kids can easily take their parents gun to school. we are living in scary world.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:49 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,683,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atldesi View Post
I heard Georgia state allow anyone and everyone to own a gun for self defense. very scary. kids can easily take their parents gun to school. we are living in scary world.
no it doesn't, quit starting crap

Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 PM

9 posts, read 19,751 times
I second that.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:39 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
Two crime victims kill their attackers in Metro Atlanta | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2009/02/08/atlanta_victims_kill_atackers.html?cxntlid=homepag e_tab_newstab - broken link)

...still want to wait on the police?
Sorry in advance for those who think I may be synical, but felt happy that they died. It sounds heartless at first, but I have no tolerance, acceptance, understanding, feelings, care, regard, emotion, grievance, sorrow for thieves, crooks, attackers, losers, robbers, rapists, home invaders, and criminals. I am glad there were no charges, as I believe there should not be. Two would be victims got justice, as I see it. Two attackers got their fate handed to them. Im sorry, but I am fed up seeing people being victimized by these losers of society. Call me what you want, bring it on.

I am glad they're gone. Taxpayers do not have to pay to feed, house, these creeps in prisons. No trials, money saved. Stimulus package enough for me right there . Attack me all you want. These thieves are dead and gone. I have no regrets and will not apologize for this. I read the article, and it put a smile on my face, a big one at that. I'm not some old NRA conservative promoter, nor gangster wanna be, just a citizen that sees things for what they are. (sorry any big NRA guys if I offended you, not my intent. Im actually applying for my concealed weapon's permit at the next local gun show, so I may become a member )

Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,096,346 times
Quote:
Oh, what crap.

Responsible parents would lock the gun in a place where the kids couldn't get it. Guns don't just teleport themselves into a kiddie's hands, you know?

Handguns should also have trigger locks, and I think the ammo should also be kept in a separate place.

If someone's kid manages to bring their parents' gun to school, the problem is with the parent, not with the gun.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:01 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,096,346 times
Quote:
Here's part of the article, BTW:

"In Cobb County, police said a man shot in his own garage grabbed the wound-be robber’s gun and shot and killed the man."

Sounds to me like the gun was in the hands of the man with criminal intent, not the homeowner. At least to start with.

The other incident involved a knife, so neither incident involved a gun owned by the victim. What was your point again...?

Old 02-09-2009, 12:16 PM

989 posts, read 1,743,491 times
While I do agree with the right to defend yourself and in these instances, I agree no charges should be filed. I don't think you have to "hope" or "be glad" the perpertrators were killed. These incidents are senseless and unfortunate, but I don't think this should be a rush to arms. The Cobb incident, the victims knew eachother, so I'm sure there will be more to this story.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:40 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,024,502 times
I love it! I love it!

They are hero's in my book!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting