Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:01 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,869 times

Advertisements

Long or short, it depends on the person inside and how they see themselves. Some women say they feel like a boy when they cut it short while others look more sexy and feminine than ever - its largely a factor of self belief.

Same goes for men's haircuts, some guys feel more confident when they shave their head clean while others feel unbeatable with hair down their back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 08:36 PM

412 posts, read 1,229,580 times
Default same issue here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Hello all,
I am a 35 year old female with hair past my shoulders. I look very young which I am very thankful but I would like to look my age not 20. I have an appt for a hair cut next week. Should I cut my hair into a cute bob or leave it longer. I think wearing my hair longer just makes me look younger. Don't get me wrong I don't want to look old I just want to look my age.
I have the same issue. I love my long hair but I have a chubby face and I'm short so I get mistaken for someone in my early 20s all the time. People don't realize how annoying it is. I get sooooo tired of constantly explaining myself to ppl. I'm 33, and a mom of 3 kids with a professional career. I constantly get stuff like "you don't look old enough to be a mom" and "you don't look old enough to teach at the college". Those phrases got old about 12 yrs ago! I have literally had ppl in my face insisting on knowing how old I am and won't leave me alone no matter how much I say "I'm older than I look". That's soooo rude! I usually want to insist on knowing how much they weigh, but I'm too polite.

I have tried shorter hair a few times and absolutely hated it. I'm keeping it long for now (there is a pic in my public profile).

I saw that you posted that you had an appt for a haircut. Hope it turned out for you!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:53 AM

3 posts, read 7,912 times
I have my hair past shoulders since my high school. And now it becomes a part of my routinee... Make it into a ponytail when I get up or make a shower.

I still remember when I cut my hair at about 15, the next morning I tried to brush my hair, then I realized it had gone.

So I think I will keep it go till 40. hee hee

Old 10-02-2008, 12:55 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,399,012 times

Old 10-30-2009, 01:51 PM

27 posts, read 57,396 times
I flaunt these silly rules when it comes to fashion. I am thirty-one and my hair is half way down my back. If you do not like the way it looks on me oh well, it is my hair, so go look at your own .

Old 10-30-2009, 01:54 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,168,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbearies View Post
I flaunt these silly rules when it comes to fashion. I am thirty-one and my hair is half way down my back. If you do not like the way it looks on me oh well, it is my hair, so go look at your own .
you go girl!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 04:35 PM

335 posts, read 1,311,520 times
There is no age ! The dumb notion that hair has to be chopped off at a certain age is so wrong.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:48 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,540,413 times
I look younger with shorter hair - long hair made my wrinkles more visible. I think you need to cut it when you start noticing visible wrinkles.

Same with color. As my skin gets older, dark hair overpowers me. I've lightened it a bit. I just hope when the grey comes in that it will be silver and not mousy grey. I'd love to let it go natural.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:36 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,989 times
[quote=beach.guy;11416489]There is no age ! The dumb notion that hair has to be chopped off at a certain age is so wrong. [/QUOTE

Here,here! I quite agree!

Old 10-31-2009, 10:30 AM

378 posts, read 1,063,776 times
I'll have it long forever. Who has time to mess with it, I can't stand messing with my hair. Get outta the shower, comb in thru, let it air dry and pull it back and twist into a bun- so easy. Even if you don't let if dry twisting it back wet and then later when you take it down at the end of the day it is all curly and soft. Why EVER cut your hair short????? If we were meant for it to be short it would not grow LONG. Unless of course you are one of those who enjoys foo fooing over hairstyles and use make-up goop and all that which then it's fine if it's your cup of tea. If I live to be 90 I'll be one of those little old grandmas with silver hair and a bun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care