Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 10:44 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,887,513 times

Advertisements

I definitely feel much better after having a haircut (I never go shorter than a bob though. That's short enough for me).

But at times, I do miss my long hair. My hair used to be down to my waist. But the only thing I hated about it was washing and conditiioning it (I could spend about 15 minutes just washing my hair!!). And putting hats on was almost impossible. So, I got my first ever haircut when I was 18, my senior year. Boy! It looked great too! I got it cut right before my senior class picture was taking. Man, did I look more grown up!

So, I've kept my hair that short since (with the exception of 2002, when I did let it grow somewhat long again and earlier this year).

But I'm like this, whatever makes you feel sexy, cute, beautiful, or whatever then stick with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 10:47 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,887,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runrgirl View Post
I'll have it long forever. Who has time to mess with it, I can't stand messing with my hair. Get outta the shower, comb in thru, let it air dry and pull it back and twist into a bun- so easy. Even if you don't let if dry twisting it back wet and then later when you take it down at the end of the day it is all curly and soft. Why EVER cut your hair short????? If we were meant for it to be short it would not grow LONG. Unless of course you are one of those who enjoys foo fooing over hairstyles and use make-up goop and all that which then it's fine if it's your cup of tea. If I live to be 90 I'll be one of those little old grandmas with silver hair and a bun.

I might let my hair grow long again (if I can stay away from the hairdye and stuff!). I miss mine too at times, but I do look a lot more grown up with my hair in a short bob (that's as short as I get). I just got it cut last week and it looks awesome. It's all even and no layers, that way I can grow it long again (if I can just not color it anymore). Because every time I color my hair, my hair gets too frizzy looking and it's hard to style or anything. So, I get it cut. It's the only reason why I get a haircut (to take those frizzes and dead "unruly, won't cooperate" ends away).

Old 10-31-2009, 06:22 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,273,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runrgirl View Post
I'll have it long forever. Who has time to mess with it, I can't stand messing with my hair. Get outta the shower, comb in thru, let it air dry and pull it back and twist into a bun- so easy. Even if you don't let if dry twisting it back wet and then later when you take it down at the end of the day it is all curly and soft. Why EVER cut your hair short????? If we were meant for it to be short it would not grow LONG. Unless of course you are one of those who enjoys foo fooing over hairstyles and use make-up goop and all that which then it's fine if it's your cup of tea. If I live to be 90 I'll be one of those little old grandmas with silver hair and a bun.
Me too!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 07:21 AM

27,350 posts, read 27,405,100 times
I love long hair, on a woman or on a guy, as long as its taken care of. My long hair will always be, for me to do short hair would make my face look real wide anyway.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:50 AM

648 posts, read 3,091,570 times
never stop with long hair, why?? my great grandmother who lived to be 101 had long hair her entire life!! my grandmother took care of her (and her hair) it was washed and brushed and braided and twirled on top of her head. this is the way she liked it. and when it was down (for brushings) it was amazingly beautiful even at 100!!

Last edited by artyst; 11-01-2009 at 01:12 PM..

Old 11-02-2009, 09:56 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
I'll have it long forever. Who has time to mess with it, I can't stand messing with my hair. Get outta the shower, comb in thru, let it air dry
You're assuming that shorter hair is more work. I have pretty much exactly the same hair routine you do, and my hair hasn't been below my shoulders in years.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:19 AM

127 posts, read 311,084 times
I've been told that I can "pull off" having short hair - people tell me that it works for me. But when I had short hair, I was hit on by lesbians a LOT. Every day. My boyfriend at that time did not like the short hair. Before that I was a teen and had long hair, but it was TOO long and I didn't take good care of it so I thought getting it all chopped would look better. Nope. Then amidst the compliments someone once told me "Oh it looks so grown-up! You look like a mom!" (I was 23 at the time) - they meant that as a compliment but I was horrified. A MOM! ugh - no thanks at that age.

Now I keep it anywhere between a bob at the shortest or to shoulder length. Also I noticed a lot of women seem to get their hair cut short like butch-style when they either have kids or when their kids get to be school-aged, and I never, ever want to look like them. It is very ugly, in my opinion. It's like saying they've given up on their looks and just want a man's haircut that they don't have to do any work with.

I think it's part of this country's overall mentality with a lot of women that it's OK to look like a man, but I think it's not.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,624 times
maybe not as short as a bob. But you def need a change woman! I'd do a little color change and maybe just a new style!! like try wavy or something new w/o losing the length too much!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:48 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,933,076 times
I have long, thick hair that is down to the middle of my back. I think it's kind of funny when people have said to "you'll cut it eventually, you'll get sick of all the work it takes!" when all I do is wash & condition it at night, put it into a braid and in the morning it's wavy and dry. Super, super easy.

Really though, if you want long hair, let it grow and don't cut it. If you prefer short hair, do that. I hope to never cut mine...

Old 11-03-2009, 04:18 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,323,004 times
I'm 54 and have straight fine hair. My hair is just above my shoulders, cut in long layers.
I will not cut it short. Between humidity and a physical job I need to be able to keep it in a low pony tail-out of my way!
Maybe when I'm retired, (whenever that will be??) I'll cut it shorter,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care