Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 06:40 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,079,052 times

Advertisements

Bobs tend NOT to look manly because they are usually chin length. What is manly are those very short very layered haircuts where the layers are as short as a man's. That just looks gross and totally void of all sex appeal. I honestly cannot imagine why someone would get that haircut, unless they totally could care less about their appearance, which is OK..to each her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 08:53 AM

561 posts, read 1,513,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Bobs tend NOT to look manly because they are usually chin length. What is manly are those very short very layered haircuts where the layers are as short as a man's. That just looks gross and totally void of all sex appeal. I honestly cannot imagine why someone would get that haircut, unless they totally could care less about their appearance, which is OK..to each her own.

Have to disagree with you there. There are no "manly" cuts. Hair is hair. Short hair takes far less time to cleanse and style, making it less time consuming. Of course, as you said, to each her, or his, own. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, so I guess you won't ever have short hair because it doesn't appeal to you. But what makes a person "manly" or "feminine" are their mannerisms and, perhaps, style of dress. Having short or very short hair does not make a woman "manly." Besides, I've seen some very, very "manly" men with long hair, and they sure didn't look feminine to me!

Old 08-24-2008, 09:39 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
If you like your hair long why not leave it? As long as it is not interfering with your ability to function, what's wrong with not looking your age. I'll be 40 next month and I don't look it and I'm not trying to.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:13 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
My hair is shoulder length, but layered, and I'm 44. I had my hair cut very short once or twice in my life, and I was miserable. Too much blow-drying and moussing required to make it look halfway decent! I like having wash 'n' wear hair. My favorite hairstyle was in the late 80s, early 90s, when everyone had a perm. I could just poke my hair and go. It was wonderful!

I'm not going to be a slave to whatever haircut fits my face, or makes me look ten years younger if I'm having fits trying to fix my hair every day. But that's just me.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:54 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
Ahem....I am not trying to be a "smart butt', but, since when does a certain hair length come with an "age chart" ?????
Do what ever makes you feel comfortable, and try to look your best....whatever the hairlength might be.
I am trying to grow my hair out right now (like I have had a couple of years ago) and I am going to be 39.
My husband likes it like that, and so do I....time for a change, and time for me to get away from the short styles for a while. (Until the day the devil rides me again....LOL. )
Go out and have fun with it....it's not permanent....so, no big deal !

Old 08-24-2008, 10:40 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
35 is not old - I am 45 and have shoulder blade length long blonde heair with streaks - at one time I got a bob and I looked like a borning "soccer Mom" - my face looks young so I can pull it off - once I start looking like a witch due to wrinkles I will cut it.
Wrinkles=witchy? Sigh.....

Old 08-25-2008, 08:50 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times
Well I do worry with my long sexy hair that one day a young man will tap me on the shoulder - I will turn around - and he will gasp in horror......lol
That is the day I cut my hair!

Old 08-26-2008, 05:42 PM

800 posts, read 4,298,464 times
Just do what makes you happy Forget what other people think...they probably don't

Old 08-26-2008, 07:31 PM

355 posts, read 1,376,759 times
I have no idea where the crap came from that someone over 30 should have shorter hair. Maybe we should all trade in our jeans for high wasted elastic pants, get some canvas granny shoes, and start wearing t-shirts with iron on cat prints too!!!

Get a hair cut that looks good on you. If its long then so be it!! If you want to try a bob then do it!! I personally think shorter hair makes people look older. I feel that I have plenty of time for short hair when im 60 or 80 and it starts to thin. lol.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:35 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times
Years ago women used to automatically cut there here into a very short permed bubble and dye it some ungoldly color like platinum, bright red or coal black - then they would don polyester pansuits and cheap pleather orthopedic shoes and pleather purses and carry tissues and wear huge bug eye glasses on a chain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care