Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:25 PM

741 posts, read 1,678,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enolihi View Post
I live with a smoker who refuses to smoke outside or to another room. In the winter, I suffer from bronchitis, swelled nasal passages and have trouble breathing sometimes. He is my companion. I love him, but I can't stand another winter of being sick all the time. What can I do? He won't listen to me.
I am sorry to have to say this, but, you have to love yourself more than you love him. If he doesn't love you enough to atleast smoke outside, then you should not put up with that! He is killing you with that smoke! I quit smoking after over 20 years of smoking over a pack a day. I always smoked outside..away from everyone..but I do know how hard it is to quit-thats for sure! It was BY FAR the most uncomfortable thing that I have ever done in my life. BUT.. my hubby still smokes.. He never smokes around me..and he never even smells like smoke because he takes great care to rid the smoke smell from his body before he goes near me. The only place that I ever smell it is on his breath occasionally. If he ever lit a cigg near me I would probably divorce him though because my life is much more precious than his need to smoke. I really hope that your partner sees how horrible that he is for making you breathe his smoke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 06:33 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Way to go Capt. Dan, do you think the weight loss was because you've found yourself keeping more busy?
Yes I do stay busy. And I eat ALOT of fruit and drink alot of water so my stomach feels full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness