Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:57 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,989 times

Advertisements

My dad (he's 93) wasn't c'd when he was born. As an adolescent, he got an infection, and had to be c'd when he was 17. Mind you, that was back in the 30's but it was such a horrible experience for him that when I was born, he made sure I was - not wanting me to go through the pain and suffering he did as a teen.

I don't have any children - but had I had a son, it wouldn't have been a big deal but I'm sure something my wife and I would have discussed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 02:04 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
What the heck? I'm not circumcised, and there is no way in hades it would ever happen. If you think that women are concerned about this, I can tell you, no they are not. There are very, very few medical reasons to do this. I'm not circumcised, my son is not circumcised, and my grandsons are not circumcised.

Leave the darn thing alone.
Speaking as a woman, which I am, I agree with the decision not to circumcise a baby ever, regardless of whatever religion one practices, and believe routine circumcision should be outlawed at the federal level, unless there is a very unique and serious medical problem, which is highly unlikely. It is utterly unfair to irrevocably damage an infant who has no choice whatsoever in the matter.

The physical pleasure that a man and a woman both receive from an intact foreskin is undeniable.

The only issue I have ever encountered was an ex who had an unusually long foreskin (in the flaccid state), and I don't know if there is a surgery to do partial shortening or removal of a portion of the foreskin for men who have that issue, but in general, I much prefer an intact man. Circumcised organs resemble roughened toadstools/mushrooms to me.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:03 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
See 4 thousand years ago God told Abraham and his house to get circumcised because people were dirty and never took a bath , and people could get ill in their uncleaned lives and God was trying to help and protect these people who were dirty .......Were today people have clean running water , and people can have a shower or a bath with No problem . so this old law from God in now obsolete .......... As only religions which God is this law will continue to keep to the obsolete rules , but religions which knows God in person know that this old rule is obsolete and people can shower in clean water

Old 05-04-2016, 04:18 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,164 times
Mimoso48, get it done if it will make you feel better. Having grown up at a time when all the boys were circumcised, when as an adult I saw my first uncircumcised guy in a locker room it looked very odd to me. Still does I suppose. I am glad my parents made the choice they did and that we had it done for our son too.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:20 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Mimoso48, get it done if it will make you feel better. Having grown up at a time when all the boys were circumcised, when as an adult I saw my first uncircumcised guy in a locker room it looked very odd to me. Still does I suppose. I am glad my parents made the choice they did and that we had it done for our son too.
So you chose to mutilate your son for a cultural norm?

Nice.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:32 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
there is no reason to be cut. God intended the male part to have foreskin on it, it isnt up to us to cut it off.

I have 3 sons, they are not circ' and live happy fulfilling lives and all have g/f's, wifes....

dont worry about it. there is nothing wrong or disgusting about being uncut.

My three sons are not circumcised either. They are adults and thank me for keeping them au naturale.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:39 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Some guys have muscles, some don't.
Some have black hair, some don't.
Some have curly hair, some don't.

With all the human variety there is, why on earth would it matter what some guy's penis looks like, and why are you staring at them?

Old 05-04-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Some guys have muscles, some don't.
Some have black hair, some don't.
Some have curly hair, some don't.

With all the human variety there is, why on earth would it matter what some guy's penis looks like, and why are you staring at them?
I just said it looked odd to me. To me circumcised is normal. We're all entitled to our opinion.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So you chose to mutilate your son for a cultural norm?

Nice.
To me it's not mutilation. What I consider bodily mutilation are tattoos and body piercings. Obviously many people don't see it that way. To each their own.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:05 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
DON'T. My son (American) wasn't circumcised because I wanted him to match his EU father, and I thought it was BARBARIC anyway.

He has no problem with it. It's a part of a person's body they're BORN with.

I think I remember hearing it's really PAINFUL to have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness