Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:52 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times

Advertisements

I agree totally, vpcats. As we both said, everyone is different. I tried the "natural" route, too. No good at all for me. And the emotional roller coaster. Ain't that a hoot?!? Here's an example for you: On the same day, I was talking to one of my customers and she told me she had to put her dog down. I sobbed. Only an hour or two later, I got a call from my mother that a friend of mine (former boss, but a great gal) had passed away in a very heartbreaking way. Not a tear. I don't get it.

Anyway, it's part of life and nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. Hang in there, ladies. If we survive this, we can rule the world! ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
LOL Karla. I bet you are absolutely right. I wonder how many will find a way to disguise themselves to describe how IT has affected THEM! :-)))

27 posts, read 153,411 times
GUYS you are soo funny!!!! I am rolling all over the floor!! I thought I was losing my mind because I just kept forgetting things ALL THE TIME! I have a total of four children 16, 15, 13 and soon to be 8 and also thought that might be a contributor...BUT NOW I wonder. I AM 40!! I don't mean to sound all vulgar or discusting, but is clotting a part of the menopause?

Old 02-15-2007, 12:56 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,707,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWS View Post
GUYS you are soo funny!!!! I am rolling all over the floor!! I thought I was losing my mind because I just kept forgetting things ALL THE TIME! I have a total of four children 16, 15, 13 and soon to be 8 and also thought that might be a contributor...BUT NOW I wonder. I AM 40!! I don't mean to sound all vulgar or discusting, but is clotting a part of the menopause?

Always did that, so I'm not sure. Was always sore and cystic, too (had my first mammogram at 18 to rule out cancer).

Crap...I have to start doing that this year...gotta find someone who will do a sonogram instead - mammograms are for masochists.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:56 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
That's funny - the stapler comment. True. I forgot about those little minor details. But didn't someone already say memory loss was part of it? I forget.
Gosh, I'm glad you guys brought that up. Sometimes I'm in my kitchen (or anywhere in the house) and I find myself looking around, throwing my hands up, and cursing about why the blank, blank, blank am I here? Maybe I need to go back on those hormones?
I go to the supermarket WITH A LIST mind you, I come home without half the stuff I needed. Why? Cause I even forgot I had a list!
I even started trying to find out if Alzheimer's ran in my family. I thought for sure it was coming!
How about walking into a room, forgetting why, walking out and retracing your steps thinking it will help you remember. (And often, it does!)

Okay, another thing- I was told by my GYN that a year with no period = menopause. For the past two years, I've had one period 13 months after the previous one. I figure that it is the control freak in me-

Old 02-15-2007, 01:02 PM

Oh, yeh...forgetting. I forgot that part!

Old 02-15-2007, 01:04 PM

And mammograms aren't as bad as they used to be, thank goodness.

I never had kids, and I started the serious part of this about a year ago. Some people are earlier, some are later.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:10 PM

27 posts, read 153,411 times
Thanks! This thread is very entertaining and VERY informative! I wish I knew about this sort of thing before I started having children, I could have used the advice!!

Old 02-15-2007, 01:12 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,707,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
And mammograms aren't as bad as they used to be, thank goodness.
Oh, I hope you're right...I could not rationalize pressing a bosom between flat metal plates, down to what must have been a one inch squish.
THAT HURT.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:12 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Rainbows, Personally I think 4 children must have a substantial effect.... lol just goofing.
Yeah, not to be disgusting either but how else do you say these things.... Clots and hemorrhage...yuck yuck yuck. Sometimes more yuck than others. Just make sure it's not fibroids. Only your doctor can know for sure, given any other negative or positive medical history, they have to rule out other reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness