Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times

Advertisements

doesn't have to be an overdose of aspirin to cause the ringing. Aspirin and codeine both cause my ears to ring like a zillion crickets. Or let me amend that to say-in addition to the ringing that always goes on and never,ever stops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 12:29 PM

72,413 posts, read 18,200,999 times
Glad this topic is back! I have a thread here too about ringng in my left ear. Have tried some herbal meds but it's still ringing,my hearing in my left ear is lower than normal now. I can't hear a whisper.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
I bought that Lipo Flavonoid stuff, doesn't work for me and it was 30.00 at the drug store.

I'm glad we can all share this though, because I feel totally crazy most of the time!!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:06 PM

no need to waste any $$$$ on remedies-cause there aren't any.
Time and patience are all that help.
I remember years ago reading an interview the actor Burt Reynolds did; he was talking about Tinnitus and TMJ. Said he was suicidal at one point but learned to live with both.

I have TMJ also and wonder sometimes if the 2 disorders are related.
I went through the "I can't take this and would rather be dead" period of time. That passed. I'm so used to the ringing in my ears now that it is just part of my life. The TMJ,thankfully, only acts up every couple of years and the pain last from 3-6 months each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I bought that Lipo Flavonoid stuff, doesn't work for me and it was 30.00 at the drug store.

I'm glad we can all share this though, because I feel totally crazy most of the time!!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:49 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
There are many causes and triggers but you really should have your blood pressure tested if you have constant ringing in the ears. Heavy metal build up in the system will also add to the problem if not create it. You can flush those with chelated vitamins. But be careful which you use as B vitamins will make your blood pressure rise.

Good little article on things to do and things to avoid:
Tinnitus - Symptoms, Causes, Tests - NY Times Health Information

Old 02-09-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
There are many causes and triggers but you really should have your blood pressure tested if you have constant ringing in the ears. Heavy metal build up in the system will also add to the problem if not create it. You can flush those with chelated vitamins. But be careful which you use as B vitamins will make your blood pressure rise.

My blood pressure is very low just a little over the normal line

I do Transcendental Meditaion,I have been doing it for more than 20 years,the problem is since it gets quieter when I do the TM,the ringing gets louder.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:06 PM

ditto for me as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
My blood pressure is very low just a little over the normal line

I do Transcendental Meditaion,I have been doing it for more than 20 years,the problem is since it gets quieter when I do the TM,the ringing gets louder.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
ditto for me as well
Maybe I will try less salt,but where I live in the San Gabriel Valley in So Cal. we have too many Chinese Restaurants,I usually avoid eating out,but at least 3 times a week I would be out with clients,so I need to find a better way.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:44 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

Done all that!! There are even some strange therapies using noise, like taking a piece of paper and crinkling it by your ear. There are even classes that offer therapy. Good article, I have delved even further than that with no response or suggestions from Doctors!!

Old 02-09-2009, 03:52 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
I have somewhat different attitude about all those things that cause it to be worse. I just keep eating and drinking them.

I refuse to let some stupid noise in my ears stop me from enjoying my vices! Might as well go live in a cave somewhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness