Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2018, 09:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times

Advertisements

I subscribe to English Home magazine - to me the looks are timeless. They throw in some funky stuff but being a "non minimalist" I like the layered look of most of the homes and rooms that they showcase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 01:14 PM

41,979 posts, read 75,252,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Shiplap
Big Clocks
Quotes all over walls
OMG, yes to all of that! Especially the quotes all over the walls - ugh.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:23 PM

4,615 posts, read 3,309,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Five thousand pillows everywhere. Stop it already. And stop chopping the middle of them down to make two pointy things. It doesn't make your place look any more sophisticated.
Haha. I can't count the number of times I've watched my sister-in-law do that, and wondered, "What the...?"

Old 01-13-2018, 01:29 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,050,629 times
Ive noticed a trend toward textured tile backsplashes in kitchens. What are they thinking? Imagine the joy of cleaning grease off a bumpy backsplash.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:31 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,558,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
what does the bolded mean?

I think Joanna Gaines does nice work, although it's not completely my style, it's a bit more rustic and farmhouse than my preference. But it generally looks comfortable and livable to me.

I have no idea, I'm not the one who 'bold' those words at all. Try not to let the little things bother you.

Yes, she does nice work; but lately getting boring same old.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:34 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,394,295 times
I like European country style furniture.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:58 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,005,317 times
Glass and metal TV stands which are supposed to look high-tech and modern but which really just expose a mess of wires and ugly electronics. They scream bachelor pad and men seem to like them. Unfortunately, my husband brought one home with his new TV. I hope if someone breaks in and steals the TV, they take the stand too.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:23 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,409,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
Glass and metal TV stands which are supposed to look high-tech and modern but which really just expose a mess of wires and ugly electronics. They scream bachelor pad and men seem to like them. Unfortunately, my husband brought one home with his new TV. I hope if someone breaks in and steals the TV, they take the stand too.

I hate seeing all the wires. My husband and I didn't have room in a spare bedroom for the two nightstands. Since they had square edges we put both of them together for his tv in the living room. It;s actually pretty nice, very sturdy and has drawers to hide stuff in. I now for our next living room we will look for nightstands

Old 01-13-2018, 06:40 PM

41,979 posts, read 75,252,667 times
Wires are a curse of modern life. I don't get too upset about them.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:25 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
I don’t think glass/metal media consoles suit a lot of people’s taste. There are tricks to conceal the cords and wires but your husband has to be on board with organizing the cords and concealing them. I opted for a metal media console by a young designer named Jonah Takagi for our condo space, mostly because the lines of the support beams and leg placement looked quirky and interesting. I use it as a TV stand and shelf for occasional books. The books do an ok job of hiding the cords. You can try some objets as well. It does have the advantage of being a lot less bulky than wood. Just rotated some coffee table books from the media console tonight:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating