Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 6,075 times

Advertisements

I am a licensed contractor and have been installing Goodman for many years now. I have also installed Carrier, Bryant, Lennox, Luxaire, Ruud, Rheem, Arcoaire, Comfortmaker, Coleman, and a few others. Hands down, no foolin, Goodman is the best, by far. I have had NO, I mean NO compressor issues, and any minor parts over the years were covered by the manufacturer within the warranty period and there was NO, I mean NO charge to the customer. I'm convinced its the best on the market for the price......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 11:02 AM

134 posts, read 1,222,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayCool View Post
I am a licensed contractor and have been installing Goodman for many years now. I have also installed Carrier, Bryant, Lennox, Luxaire, Ruud, Rheem, Arcoaire, Comfortmaker, Coleman, and a few others. Hands down, no foolin, Goodman is the best, by far. I have had NO, I mean NO compressor issues, and any minor parts over the years were covered by the manufacturer within the warranty period and there was NO, I mean NO charge to the customer. I'm convinced its the best on the market for the price......
Do these things run about a couple hundred dollars then?

Old 05-23-2010, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 5,870 times
Water is coming out of the bottom of the furnace, possibly from A coil on top of furnace. Any possible remedies or solutions for water condensation leakage?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:09 AM

629 posts, read 3,599,747 times
We just replaced our first floor furnace(an 80% 14 yr old Goodman GMP-150-5) with the high efficiency Goodman GMVC951155DX. We love it! Its a 95% - variable speed unit. The old unit still worked but we had recently replaced the blower and the control panel went out. I jumped the wires to the control panel so the fan ran constantly. But hey, it made it 14yrs! We are giving the old unit to a nieghbor who has had no heat in 5 yrs.

We have a 5 ton unit upstairs and downstairs and plan to replace the upstairs unit with one as well. A big benefit for us was that the higher efficiency unit could be vented with 2" PVC eliminating the need for costly labor of metal venting.

Warranty, price, tax credit and reputation were the factors that led us to Goodman!

Last edited by Historic Bessemer; 05-24-2010 at 08:22 AM..

Old 12-06-2010, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,432 times
I have tried to get the local distributorship manager , Kim Vanness and the Regional Tec. Manager, Ken Morrell help me. They both tell me that there is nothing wrong with my unit. My unit is so noisy that it wakes me up everytime it starts up. My wife and I have both tried ear plugs, it still wakes us up. We had a York unit for 22 years in the same location as the new Goodman, and it never woke us up. I have spoke to Comsumer Affairs they also tell me there is nothing they can do. Is there anyone at Goodman that can help ? DOES ANYONE KNOW SOMEONE IN MANAGEMENT THAT CAN HELP ???
THANKS !
T.M. Cella
318-221-1557 [email]tcella@brinkmann.net[/email]

Old 12-12-2010, 07:22 AM

3 posts, read 16,168 times
Default hi

read your complaint. My question is is the unit a heat pump and if it is is it cooling and heating properly. Having problem with my unit and the reversing valve is sticking. This only applies to a heat pump.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 AM

I bought a Goodman 15 seer 2 1/2 ton Goodman heat pump. It repelaced a 3ton Goodman. My house is only 1250 sq ft with lots of shade. In the summer time when temp get over 100 degrees it wont cool the house below 80 degrees. As far as saving money my three ton was better. I went to a 2 !/2 ton because I was told I would save money. Havent seen any savings and the unit just doesnt perform properly. When i received the unit i received a 2 !/2 ton compessor for the outside with a 3 ton coil inside with a variable speed blower. I questioned this setup but was told that this blower unit is used in units up to 5 tons and that the larger coil would work with an expansion valve installed. After the install, it just did not cool properly so I called the technician back out because i noticed the a coil was sweating about half way up. He hesitantly added more freon because he said his gauges indicated system had the proper amount of freon. I guess it was the proper amount for a 2 1/2 ton. It cools better until it gets really hot. From the beginning I have had problems with the reversing valve sticking. Which means a major overhaul to get fixed. I have 2 questions. I was told that Goodman had reversing valve problems due to cheap parts from China, they said they thought that problem had been resolved. My second question is it industry standard to install a larger A-coil than is necessary. Totally unhappy with equipment. Sorry this is so long. Another problem I have is finding a competant technician that really knows Goodman equipment. I have had 3 different companies out here. Did not get a labor warranty with the equipment and being out of work makes it tough. Any suggestions or help. fberfel@yahoo.com

Old 12-12-2010, 12:27 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,239,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
True, 'they' might all be 'made' the same, but he has his reasons.........
which are.......

Old 12-31-2010, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 5,347 times
I bought a Goodman 3 Ton 15 Seer for my 1800sq ft brick home last year, I was told this was more efficient and my elec. bill would be better, which it was ok, my other unit was working fine I just wanted a more efficient unit, Well...my compressor failed..nobody offered me an extended warranty, I did not know the labor was not included, I only knew I had a 10 year parts guarantee, the labor to have a compressor installed is over $800 plus shipping of $75, did you know Freon is $65 per pound and your unit hold 11 pounds, well after the compressor was fixed guess what, the TXV was blow or blocked and then that had to be ordered and of course labor had to be added. I could buy another unit for the cost of repairs. Goodman should have to pay for all my troubles. I was also having medical problems with my head floating and BP dropping and Bradycardia and guess what I had a Freon leak in my home and I was told this was probably caused by the leaking of the Freon over several months. This was a costly experience, even though this was just put in last year, we are having it removed and putting in a new Heil unit for less with parts and labor covered for 10 years. What a stressful experience I only hope no one else has to go thru this especially at Christmas time.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:56 PM

Has your problem been fixed. Had a similar problem with my new Goodman 2.5 ton heat pump. My reversing valve was sticking. I tried a product called AC renew. Worked great and unit is now much quieter. Sure saved me the cost of replacing the reversing valve at an expense of around $1000. If you want more info you can email me @ fberfel1@yahoo.com. I was told by one technician that I needed my compressor replaced. So I feel your pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House