Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:16 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Supporting the local cabinet companies. Well I will never fault you on that. Good for you.

I looked you up and my brand is near you. One in Hahira and from there the locations do stretch out pretty far from you. Must be a rural area.
hahira?

who the heck is selling them in hahira? there's a pretty large custom cabinet shop up there; i wonder if they also sell factory built cabinets? that's the only thing i can think of. other than that, there's a bank, pharmacy, grocery/general store, and a couple of gas stations.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:40 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
We had ours custom made our of red oak. Couldn't have made a better choice. We went to Home Depot and tried to get someone to help us. Went to Lowes and tried to get someone to help us. Both stores either there is no one in the department, you have them call someone and they never come, or they do show up and have no clue what they are doing. Then we looked in our local hardware store and the prices were astronomical. In retrospect, they did us a favor. We ended up getting the name of a cabinetmaker who was getting ready to retire/go out of business and since we were a friend of a friend of his daughter's, he gave us a discount. They came and measured, asked where we wanted everything (drawers, cabinets, etc) and suggested some things we never would have thought of. We have a built in microwave and oven and a built in cooktop, built-in dishwasher, built-in refrigerator. We have a large pantry. We have an "appliance garage" where we keep our toaster and deep fryer. The cabinets are beautiful and I am SO glad no one would help us at Lowes and Home Depot. When I look at their cabinets on display now, they look so cheap compared to our custom cabinets.

We ended up paying about $8000 for our cabinets and that was with a discount, but we have a lot of cabinets.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:59 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
We had ours custom made our of red oak. Couldn't have made a better choice. We went to Home Depot and tried to get someone to help us. Went to Lowes and tried to get someone to help us. Both stores either there is no one in the department, you have them call someone and they never come, or they do show up and have no clue what they are doing. Then we looked in our local hardware store and the prices were astronomical. In retrospect, they did us a favor. We ended up getting the name of a cabinetmaker who was getting ready to retire/go out of business and since we were a friend of a friend of his daughter's, he gave us a discount. They came and measured, asked where we wanted everything (drawers, cabinets, etc) and suggested some things we never would have thought of. We have a built in microwave and oven and a built in cooktop, built-in dishwasher, built-in refrigerator. We have a large pantry. We have an "appliance garage" where we keep our toaster and deep fryer. The cabinets are beautiful and I am SO glad no one would help us at Lowes and Home Depot. When I look at their cabinets on display now, they look so cheap compared to our custom cabinets.

We ended up paying about $8000 for our cabinets and that was with a discount, but we have a lot of cabinets.
Would love to see a pic of your cabinets, particularly the appliance garage. That sounds interesting and an intriguing solution to all the appliances most of us have.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:12 AM

4 posts, read 17,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panks View Post
I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me some names of some good kitchen cabinet brands so that I can take a look online. I'd love to get the framed cabinets if I can afford them

Or just tell me brands to avoid!

thank you
hi
According to me you purchase really good kitchen cabinet. don't going to brand. you can get information by this link that helpful to choice of cabinet.

--------------
Kitchen Remodeling Business (http://www.nhance.com/remodel_franchise.html - broken link)

Old 12-11-2008, 01:30 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
hahira?

who the heck is selling them in hahira? there's a pretty large custom cabinet shop up there; i wonder if they also sell factory built cabinets? that's the only thing i can think of. other than that, there's a bank, pharmacy, grocery/general store, and a couple of gas stations.
Well it's a small place. A real small place. One employee by the name of Brian F who just purchased the property. This cabinet company has been there since 2003. It's called Homestead Building Design over on Robbinella Dr. They carry Merillat as well as Merillat's upline Kraftmaid as you have used.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post

Not a bad price at all. That will beat the big box store who charges full list price anyday. Not to mention their $3000 install fee which to put it another way, is like charging you $250 for a Hersey bar.

Sounds like you got most of the goodies too. Glad you love your new kitchen. What did you do for countertops? How much extra was that?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:07 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Well it's a small place. A real small place. One employee by the name of Brian F who just purchased the property. This cabinet company has been there since 2003. It's called Homestead Building Design over on Robbinella Dr. They carry Merillat as well as Merillat's upline Kraftmaid as you have used.
hmm. there is no robbinella drive in hahira; didn't even find it on google earth. but i think i know who you are talking about.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 10,605 times
Dear Desertsun41:

I live in the 91765. Any cabinet and counter top recommendations?

Thanks
Blue Armadillo

Old 01-13-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Armadillo View Post
Dear Desertsun41:

I live in the 91765. Any cabinet and counter top recommendations?

Thanks
Blue Armadillo
Go to Kitchen Cabinets Express in Buena Park on 6282 Beach Blvd

Or

D&M Home Center inRosemead on 8501 East Garvey Av

I might lean on first checking D&M

You might also try Design Center Services in your town of Diamond Bar on 20885 Golden Springs but I hear through internal chatter they may have closed their doors.

Sorry I dont do or recomend countertops but nearly all cabinet stores sell them and have a local companies tops on their displays.

Good luck...

Old 01-30-2009, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 10,363 times
I always say you get what you pay for. Home Depot has fantastic quality cabinets as well as a much cheaper grade for the custormer who is going for the "look". As well as the knowledge of the employees most Home Depot stores have a certified kitchen designer on staff CKD ask for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House