Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 04:08 PM

660 posts, read 1,616,978 times

Advertisements

does westin offer walkthrough with a warranty officer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 04:23 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,586,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brom View Post
does westin offer walkthrough with a warranty officer?
One of mine was with the construction manager(builder)
And final was with him and sales person
Never any outside party

The inspections were 3rd party

Old 12-29-2011, 06:36 PM

660 posts, read 1,616,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
One of mine was with the construction manager(builder)
And final was with him and sales person
Never any outside party

The inspections were 3rd party
yeah but some builders also have warranty officer walkthrough aside from construction manager

Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 PM

Well not something i experienced with them.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 5,961 times
Hi I am moving to the Spring, Tx.,I' m a military Vet... my wife and I are considering the Northcrest Village community...we are wanting to know what type of community is it...my wife really loves the Westin floor plans. Any help would be appreciate it.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas23 View Post
Hi I am moving to the Spring, Tx.,I' m a military Vet... my wife and I are considering the Northcrest Village community...we are wanting to know what type of community is it...my wife really loves the Westin floor plans. Any help would be appreciate it.
Hi,

NCV doesn't have the wow factor like some other neighborhoods. Main reason is because it's not part of a master planned community. It's a decent sized neighborhood located in a great area. It has cheap HOA dues and a low tax rate, which can save you a boat load of money in the long run.

The residents are mostly young couples or older couples with young children. A lot of people go out to jog and walk their dogs. Everyone seems to pull their own weight and keep their curb appeal looking good. It's very quiet and calm and night. There are children playing outside, they also play in the playground area and pool. So for being a pretty basic neighborhood, i think it does very well. My wife and I have no regrets buying here.

Proximity to retail shopping, schools, religion, services, etc are really close. That benefit goes a long way. You have easy access to HWY 249 or I-45.

As for Westin, we choose Westin. We initially started looking here back in Nov of 2010. We went to neighborhoods like Discovery @ Spring Trails, Spring Trails, Legends Ranch, Auburn Lakes, Senterra Lakes, The Chancel, Bradbury Forset, Lakes Of Avalon, Gosling Pines, and a few more. For some reason the design of Westin Homes called us back, the incentives added to the low base prices was a win/win for us. We are happy with our home and can recommend Westin for sure. Everything wasn't perffect when it was done, but Westin has fixed little imperfections, which is the norm when you move into a new home. I'm talking about things like missing a door stopper here, inconsistent paint finish on a corner, etc.

If you have any questions PM me
If you do pursue, tell Lisa that Armando referred you.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:01 PM

5 posts, read 7,783 times
Hi AMELINCKX, i was hoping to hear your feedback on your home purchase At Discovery at Spring Trails. We LOVE the Valencia by Westin too! How was your exsperience dealing with the builder? Would appreciate any info-THANK U!!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:20 PM

Get the castlebrook instead.
I would research more.on the plans.for discovery. It has gone with a different developer.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:51 PM

5 posts, read 7,783 times
thanks a_guerrajr! will look into that. yes, heard about all the developer issues, hopefully its resolved by the time our house sells and we are ready to build that Westin

Old 01-10-2012, 05:23 AM

If not check out northcrest village. Its less neighborhood,but you save about 40-45k to build the same house.
Cheaper hoa and lower tax rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston