Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 12:57 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,422,137 times

Advertisements

TODAY: Cabell Huntington, Steel of WV agree to compromise on hospital merger | Recent News | herald-dispatch.com

Well, it looks like the only thing left is Vatican approval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 06:04 AM

4,958 posts, read 8,955,150 times
I’m hearing that Grindstone coffee is taking over the building where the Chilidog company is now. That way, they’ll be able to have a drive thru. Hopefully they can reconfigure the inside to have a little more seating there as well.

Donut Connection has their signage up now on their store next to Cabell Huntington. No word on an opening date yet.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:33 AM

251 posts, read 260,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
I’m hearing that Grindstone coffee is taking over the building where the Chilidog company is now. That way, they’ll be able to have a drive thru. Hopefully they can reconfigure the inside to have a little more seating there as well.

Donut Connection has their signage up now on their store next to Cabell Huntington. No word on an opening date yet.
Donut Connection? Chilidog Company? Where is this?

Old 01-24-2018, 07:55 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,422,137 times
I didn't know we were getting a Donut Connection over by CHH.

And the Chilidog building (old Sam's Hot Dog Stand) is at 816 8th St., across from Davis' Place.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:04 AM

530 posts, read 589,823 times
Lots of dirt moving at The Summit location. Looks like they may completely level the property up to US 60. Unbelieveable there’s still not been a single report on this project this far into construction.

Last edited by jcesomstudent; 01-30-2018 at 06:14 AM..

Old 01-31-2018, 09:31 AM

So according to the owner of Butter It Up in a post on Facebook. Some of the other businesses coming to The Market across from the Holiday Inn on 3rd avenue are:

"Coffee shop, gift store, grocery store, Greek restaurant, ice Cream, wine and beer, native American tacos, Italian food all under one roof! Opening VERY SOON!"

I knew about the coffee shop, Greek restaurant and Ice Cream." All of those other things are news to me. Anybody have any information on this?

Old 02-01-2018, 02:00 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,815 times
Good info BAW304, sounds like a nice mix coming into the The Market.

I do have one small piece of info. In the vacant corner shop that Five Guys moved out of, they are trying to recruit Jersey Mike's to that spot. However, a local franchisee is aware of the obstacles there, such as high rent, very little parking, and not a ton of foot traffic. It's not likely to happen at this point, but just thought i would share.

Jeresey Mike's is interested in breaking into the Huntington/Barboursville market. The Crossings is taking too long to develop, and isn't going to be visible from the interstate, and Tanyard Station may be asking a little too much for rent.

One additional tidbit i overheard, is that the owner of the old Hooters is looking to demo the building, and have a small strip mall built in it's place.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:35 AM

I spoke with the owner of Jersey Mike's one day at the Teays Valley location. He made it very clear that he wants to open soon in Huntington but he wants to be near Marshall. I fear that Pullman will have a hard time finding businesses that will be able to pay rent there. The price is way too high.

Also, I don't have much confidence in The Crossing really doing much unless the current owners sell the land to an experienced developer.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:22 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,151,624 times
Perhaps the old Pizza Hut location on 5th Avenue?

Old 02-01-2018, 11:55 AM

I know he has looked at that location. There is one lot where I guess they are going to build a little plaza...similar to the one where Firehouse Subs is located. I almost think that would be more likely but he didn't say if he had a preference. I was trying to talk him into the West end of campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington