Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2016, 01:42 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,228,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
they will need at least 2 good draws. have they started getting the site ready or the road upgrade. I'm not sure what will be left for the crossing either. if its supposed to be upscale maybe they could draw a Dillard's or a Nordstrom Rack. Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Aldi are probably going to be in one or the other centers. maybe Stein Mart ,Ross, Tuesday Morning,Meijer,Pestmart,Books A Million, Menards. Burlington Coat would be nice. five below will probably be in Tanyard. A Costco and Ikea are dreaming but would really make them a regional destination. Garden Ridge, container store, Crate and Barrel, William Sonoma, and pottery Barn could be goals of the crossing. Tanyard has probably lost most their stores due to delays and if the people doing the crossing have their act together they have probably stolen a few stores from Tanyard. the people doing Tanyard are doing just as bad at announcing in their Westview development in Morgantown. like Huntington the only thing announced is a Sheetz. they said in Morgantown 80 of development has been sold since August but not one word. hopefully both cities get some new restaurants that are exciting also.
That 80% is the business park that sits all around the West View Development, Interstate is not in charge of the business park (thank goodness), just the plot of land for their shopping center (the sheetz and the hotel sit in a different plot of land in front of West View). Interstate is TERRIBLE at announcing stuff though, supposedly construction is going to start here in January or February, now that the road is being finished through that part of the business park (around the clock land moving and construction across the entire business park), but not a word out of the company. But Interstate's west view website has been "under maintenance" for the last two weeks and I have emailed them multiple times asking when the website would be back up and I have never heard a word back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 02:17 PM

530 posts, read 590,006 times
I think Interstate is the worst that I have ever seen or known, especially in terms of public relations. It's such a shame that we don't have any high quality major developers that have been attracted to the area. I am sure that several possible tenants have soured on the development given all of the hurdles and delays so who knows what we will end up with by the time it actually gets going...hate to say it but probably more of the same that we always get, the low hanging fruit - gas stations, banks, pharmacies, car dealerships, fast food, cellular stores, nail salons, and of course you've got to have a mattress store or two as well.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:15 PM

I saw a pitiful Tanyard Station update (nothing that we didn't already know) in the HD today that continued spewing the same old mistakes they have written time and time again...200,000 square foot development off Exit 20...where are the editors for this newspaper?? They can't even get the basic facts correct. We all deserve much better reporting.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:59 PM

Looks like some site prep is finally beginning at the Tanyard site. Drove by today and noticed that lots of trees on the property have been cut down. Hopefully things will continue but at a much quicker pace.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:43 PM

Here is some drone video of the Tanyard Station property that someone has posted. It really does a nice job showing the vast size of the property which cannot be appreciated from driving by on US 60. Definitely tons of potential, just don't know if they will be able to capitalize on the potential.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hLnxVrDwIck&feature=share

Old 02-03-2017, 02:24 PM

Lots of trees coming down as site prep is underway at Tanyard. The progress was especially evident today as I drove by. They have cut down a lot more trees. Hopefully can start doing some excavation soon. Still not one single announcement from the developer, however. Unbelievable.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:56 PM

51 posts, read 67,029 times
There was a story on WSAZ this evening about the start of road construction. They said announcement of some of the stores will come within the next few weeks and there will be around 20 stores total.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvilleGuy View Post
There was a story on WSAZ this evening about the start of road construction. They said announcement of some of the stores will come within the next few weeks and there will be around 20 stores total.
Here is a link to that report:

Plans submitted to widen Route 60 for Tanyard Station

Old 02-03-2017, 10:15 PM

456 posts, read 603,175 times
its interesting that they are saying its only 200,000 square feet of retail when it was 400,000 before. I thought they already had funds for a 4 lane to the mall but if I understood this right that isn't certain yet. If they are going to do it do it right.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
its interesting that they are saying its only 200,000 square feet of retail when it was 400,000 before. I thought they already had funds for a 4 lane to the mall but if I understood this right that isn't certain yet. If they are going to do it do it right.
This is something that has driven me crazy (among many others) regarding this project. There has literally been so much mixed reporting...one day it's 200,000 then it's 400,000, then back to 200,000...never any consistency. I remember when the HD reported the headline that it had been expanded to 400,000 sq. Ft and then in every single report they have filed after that announcement (which have been few and far between) have said 200,000 sq. Ft. and of course without any official updates from the developer, who knows at this point? In terms of the road, I know the goal was to widen US all the way to Mall Rd. but the immediate plans associated with Tanyard were to widen it just in closer proximity to the development as well as intersection modifications and additional traffic lights. But wow, having US 60 widened to 6-7 lanes in some places will be quite impressive. If you look at the Tanyard Website and zoom in on the plan, you can see that there are many lanes drawn near the intersection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington