Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 03:31 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,425,008 times

Advertisements

there's also the community on California behind the tall red-brick wall (and a gate of course) just across from the Women's Pavilion medical office building. Can't figure what type of housing, but I assume an expensive one
34.721183,-86.573199 - Google Maps

the poster needs to come back (if they want help) and post some specifics. It seemed like we fixated on the "gated" part, while there are other "non-gated" quaint, quiet, safe (as it can be) condo/townhouse to rent or to own in Madison or Hsv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 03:36 PM

692 posts, read 1,503,103 times
Mc Mullen is gated. There is also a gated community off Governors just as you get to the top of the mountain(although I guess this COULD be a single home, but it doesn't appear to be from the outside).

You can get a village home in McMullen for $400ish.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:40 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammie2 View Post
Now how did I do that?

I hit submit and it went to a hulu page, I went back, my post was gone so I redid it only to find two....sorry all. Bad day.
You have (I think) 96 minutes to go back and edit or delete a post.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
you can edit (including delete) your post withinn an hour. I'll do the same with this, after you delete yours
Slow poke.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:57 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Slow poke.
take this, Charles

I've already deleted mine as I promised - Tammie can now refer to your "fast poke" and my quoted post to correct the double post.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:49 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Well I guess you can always build your own 'gate' around your property. Honestly I think finding a safe neighborhood is more important than in a gated community.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,555 times
Thanks for you reply on gated community. Do anyone know about Down South Condo (behind Big 10 Tires) on Memorial Parkway South? Are these codos safe?

Look forward to hearing about it.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazihassan View Post
Thanks for you reply on gated community. Do anyone know about Down South Condo (behind Big 10 Tires) on Memorial Parkway South?
Near Drake or Weatherly? (I see two Big 10 tires). My preference would be near Weatherly, slightly more residential community in a three mile radius.

Are you sure you want to live behind a tire store? Could be loud (air wrenches) and busy (cars in and out) and light polluting (parking lot lights), etc

One good thing is you can just about walk or ride your bike to a lot of stores around that area.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:42 PM

77 posts, read 160,634 times
The funny thing about HSV is that so many of the people that directly or indirectly receive paychecks from the government are very conservative/libertarian. It's just a bizarre place where conservatism is part of the culture regardless of reality. All of the politicians I've seen are trying to one up each other in terms of "conservative values". As an outsider it just comes off as very goofy and I can't imagine anyone buying into all of the ridiculous strawman arguments (such as the whole license form debacle) that have literally no relevance to 99% of the population 99% of the time. Overarching social/educational problems here are neglected or cast aside in favor of issues that don't have any day to day significance to anyone.

Just my two cents coming from Chicago. I hope I don't come off as smarmy or holier than thou, I'm just giving an outsider perspective.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:45 PM

976 posts, read 2,683,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temp2290 View Post
The funny thing about HSV is that so many of the people that directly or indirectly receive paychecks from the government are very conservative/libertarian. It's just a bizarre place where conservatism is part of the culture regardless of reality. All of the politicians I've seen are trying to one up each other in terms of "conservative values". As an outsider it just comes off as very goofy and I can't imagine anyone buying into all of the ridiculous strawman arguments (such as the whole license form debacle) that have literally no relevance to 99% of the population 99% of the time. Overarching social/educational problems here are neglected or cast aside in favor of issues that don't have any day to day significance to anyone.

Just my two cents coming from Chicago. I hope I don't come off as smarmy or holier than thou, I'm just giving an outsider perspective.
No, you are exactly right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area