U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2007, 12:41 AM
 
Location: sd,ca
101 posts, read 292,323 times
Reputation: 38

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudTex View Post
Because it's a Racist veil that's why...sure go ahead and verbally lash out
about "illegal and what part I don't understand".

one can justify his or her behavior just by saying that their criminals, subhuman, etc...

again, it's a thin veil.
I have to agree with you on this.

 
Old 07-19-2007, 02:13 AM
 
1,949 posts, read 4,644,600 times
Reputation: 907
Quote:
I disagree, if we have been enforcing our border and internal labor laws, our American culture and way of life wouldn't be in danger. Illegals pick and choose which laws they will obey. They are criminals, and with up to 30 million here illegally we are rapidly becoming a nation of criminals rather than a nation of laws.
Quote:
How is classing Illegal Aliens as criminals going too far ? Surely the world Illegal in illegal immigrant says something criminal, no ?
"because it's illegal" does not make a crisis to compassionate and reasonable people. because it works to turn this country into a two-class, third-world nation for our children - does.
 
Old 07-19-2007, 02:47 AM
 
1,949 posts, read 4,644,600 times
Reputation: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudTex View Post
Because it's a Racist veil that's why...sure go ahead and verbally lash out
about "illegal and what part I don't understand".

one can justify his or her behavior just by saying that their criminals, subhuman, etc...

again, it's a thin veil.
not necessarilly, but if "it's illegal, and the law's the law" is the cornerstone of your position on the matter, then it can come off that way. my point being that when it concerns desparate people who are hungry and want to work in order to feed their families and improve thier lives - "it's illegal to cross the border and therefore they are criminals" doesnt cut it.

with so many tangible reasons why illegal immigration is bad for Americans there is no need to cling to intangibles such as "the law."
 
Old 07-19-2007, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Greater Houston
4,519 posts, read 8,610,634 times
Reputation: 2091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
They steal a job that an American wants and needs
How about out-of-staters who steal a job a TEXAN wants and needs?

Quote:
The not so nice ones also murder, rape, burglar homes, steal cars and deal/transport drugs. Our prisons and jails are full of illegal aliens. Nationwide they average around 28% of our total prison and jail population.
Je te presente Joshua Mauldin (http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070516_ac_microwavebaby.74432b1b.html - broken link). Now his actions are costing me tax dollars and CPS is getting busier because he came from Arkansas to do his crime. Its too bad there is no immigration bureau to keep out-of-staters like him out of TEXAS. Why couldn't he be a minister in Arkansas? The immigration bureau could stop the brain drain from Arkansas or other states.
 
Old 07-19-2007, 12:56 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,008,811 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
How about out-of-staters who steal a job a TEXAN wants and needs?



Je te presente Joshua Mauldin (http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070516_ac_microwavebaby.74432b1b.html - broken link). Now his actions are costing me tax dollars and CPS is getting busier because he came from Arkansas to do his crime. Its too bad there is no immigration bureau to keep out-of-staters like him out of TEXAS. Why couldn't he be a minister in Arkansas? The immigration bureau could stop the brain drain from Arkansas or other states.

The difference is we don't need to import criminals from another country. We in the US will always have our own criminals, and they will cross state lines.
 
Old 07-19-2007, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Greater Houston
4,519 posts, read 8,610,634 times
Reputation: 2091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
The difference is we don't need to import criminals from another country. We in the US will always have our own criminals, and they will cross state lines.
Why not secure our State borders then? How far do you want to go? The county borders, the township borders, city limits, the neighborhood, the subdivision?
 
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,008,811 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
"because it's illegal" does not make a crisis to compassionate and reasonable people. because it works to turn this country into a two-class, third-world nation for our children - does.
Illegals that steal American jobs and services are not compassionate and reasonable people, and neither are the Americans that enable this disgusting behavior. If America turns into a third world country it will be due to the fact our our elected members of our own government have sold this country out by not securing our borders. By refusing to secure our borders they have violated one of their primary responsibilities, that is to protect America.

Our military should be placed on the border with orders to protect this country and stop this invasion of what can only be described as a Mexican army.
 
Old 07-20-2007, 12:48 AM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,876,339 times
Reputation: 317
I think illegals ARE immoral. They know they are doing wrong breaking America's laws, that's why they sneak over here. Something that's wrong is immoral, them being Catholics makes them all the more immoral. The Mexican and So. American poor that did not choose to break laws made the right moral decision.
 
Old 07-20-2007, 01:12 AM
 
1,949 posts, read 4,644,600 times
Reputation: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
I think illegals ARE immoral. They know they are doing wrong breaking America's laws, that's why they sneak over here. Something that's wrong is immoral, them being Catholics makes them all the more immoral. The Mexican and So. American poor that did not choose to break laws made the right moral decision.
WOW! i'm absolutely speechless.
 
Old 07-20-2007, 02:25 AM
 
Location: Cuernavaca, Mexico
180 posts, read 89,908 times
Reputation: 24
I wonder how many people actually go through their entire life without breaking one single law… By your strict definition of what makes someone a criminal, I guess practically everyone is a criminal.

Now, although “criminal” and “illegal” technically refer to the same characteristic, lets not fool ourselves—the word “criminal” is far more derogatory. Would you call a jaywalker a criminal or a lawbreaker?

Last edited by MexicanGuy; 07-20-2007 at 02:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top