Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 02:42 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I didn't miss any point. My remarks were based on what was actually stated in the article itself. No where in that article was it stated that these students were doing these demonstrations in order to follow MLK's peaceful protests. They were doing it to parallel their plight to the plight of Black Americans during the Civil Rights Era. In fact they got arrested for obstructing traffic and said they were protesting anti-"immigrant" laws. That is a blatant lie right there. There are no anti-"immigrant" laws.
then adress your comments to the author of that article...and leave me out of y'alls discussions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 02:45 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Is your memory that short? Why don’t you tell me, since my reference to “claim” was in response to YOUR post?”

Allow me to refresh your memory. . .

You alone can explain what you meant by your reference to “claim,” not me, or anyone else. Regardless, without having a legal presence in this country, they have no right to “claim” anything, other than an assigned seat on a bus or plane for their trip back home.

Again, what illegal alien “claim” am I trying to minimize?
Its like dancing with a one-legged-dog...in a dark room, with the furniture still in place...

take your questions elsewhere...

Old 04-21-2011, 02:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
then adress your comments to the author of that article...and leave me out of y'alls discussions.
Didn't you jump into the discussion on your own and then claim that the students weren't trying to compare their plight to Black Americans?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:55 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Its like dancing with a one-legged-dog...in a dark room, with the furniture still in place...

take your questions elsewhere...
Don’t blame me for your inability to understand your own posts.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
You can easily remove yourself from the discussion. After all, no one here has put a gun to your head to force you to participate.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:28 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,142,829 times
They are not only steeling our country NOW they are even trying to steel the good name of a great american and somehow tie it to their own law breaking...makes me sick Have you ever noticed that even on the hispanic tv shows they can go 2 minutes without bring up the USA or a state or city here.They need to get their minds OFF of whats going on here and ON whats going on in THEIR OWN COUNTRY..

Old 04-22-2011, 08:37 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
They are not only steeling our country NOW they are even trying to steel the good name of a great american and somehow tie it to their own law breaking...makes me sick Have you ever noticed that even on the hispanic tv shows they can go 2 minutes without bring up the USA or a state or city here.They need to get their minds OFF of whats going on here and ON whats going on in THEIR OWN COUNTRY..
They are thieves, it is what they do. They don't want to stay there and work, they want to come here and latch on, go for the ride. They are dragging us down with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration