Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to sponsor an Illegal Immigrant?
Yes, I would be more than willing to act as sponsor to illegal immigrants. 19 7.09%
No, but I would be happy to pay a higher personal tax to help pay for their support. 7 2.61%
No, but I would be happy to host them in my home if someone else pays me for it. 2 0.75%
No. I do not wish to support illegal immigrants in ANY way with my tax dollars or personal income. 240 89.55%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:01 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't give her the same advice because an English speaking American can't move on when they get discriminated against in hiring practices in favor of a Hispanic, especially if they are an illegal one. This happens constantly. The fact that your wife is Hispanic who speaks Spanish is an advantage over English speaking Americans due to the high numbers of illegal alien Spanish speakers. This all comes down to how negatively illegal immigration is impacting our native born workforce by creating discimination with language barriers.
Life is full of unfortunate circumstances and people who make dumb assumptions and accusations (I know this is particular true frequenting this sub-forum). You deal with it and move on rather than taking on the victim mentality syndrome.

That's pretty good advice, for everyone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Life is full of unfortunate circumstances and people who make dumb assumptions and accusations (I know this is particular true frequenting this sub-forum). You deal with it and move on rather than taking on the victim mentality syndrome.

That's pretty good advice, for everyone...
No, it isn't because we have millions of illegal aliens in this country competing for jobs that Americans can't get. There is no way to just move on. These illegals are infiltrating every blue collar job. Your Hispanic wife has more of a chance at a job in this country just based on her ethnicity and Spanish language skills vs an English speaking American. That is one of the biggest reasons I oppose illegal immigration is because now we are required to know the language of the invaders to get a job in our own country.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:04 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
No, it isn't because we have millions of illegal aliens in this country competing for jobs that Americans can't get. There is no way to just move on. These illegals are infiltrating every blue collar job. Your Hispanic wife has more of a chance at a job in this country just based on her ethnicity and Spanish language skills vs an English speaking American. That is one of the biggest reasons I oppose illegal immigration is because now we are required to know the language of the invaders to get a job in our own country.
Actually the Hispanics are approaching 40% of the population in California. With the declining caucasian population and the higher birth rate I would think we can forsee Hispanics as a majority in CA.

But even at 40% it would appear reasonable to cater to their desires. And in any such situation bi-linguals are going to do well. Both employers and employees.

If you are not in a position to deal with it...don't live in CA.

A small business man in East LA who does not have a staff fluent in Spanish is not a very good business man.

Americans do what is needed. When buggies go away you stop making buggy whips. If the ciientele speaks spanish so do you.

This is simple American capitalist stuff. You do what is neccessary and you don't whine about it.

And this has very little to do with illegal aliens. Just the local demographic and the direction in which it is going.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:08 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times
I hate to burst your bubble but east LA is no more CA than Phoenix is necessarily representative of AZ.
If you live in the US you should speak the language of the country and be prepared to take tests for driver's licenses and such at expenses not burdening taxpayers.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
I hate to burst your bubble but east LA is no more CA than Phoenix is necessarily representative of AZ.
If you live in the US you should speak the language of the country and be prepared to take tests for driver's licenses and such at expenses not burdening taxpayers.
El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reyna de Los Angeles de Porciuncula

Let it roll of your tongue...Certain beauty to it is there not?

Old 06-02-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Actually the Hispanics are approaching 40% of the population in California. With the declining caucasian population and the higher birth rate I would think we can forsee Hispanics as a majority in CA.

But even at 40% it would appear reasonable to cater to their desires. And in any such situation bi-linguals are going to do well. Both employers and employees.

If you are not in a position to deal with it...don't live in CA.

A small business man in East LA who does not have a staff fluent in Spanish is not a very good business man.

Americans do what is needed. When buggies go away you stop making buggy whips. If the ciientele speaks spanish so do you.

This is simple American capitalist stuff. You do what is neccessary and you don't whine about it.

And this has very little to do with illegal aliens. Just the local demographic and the direction in which it is going.
That 40% demographic would include illegal alien Hispanics and that is what is driving the percentages of Hispanics in Calif. Most Hispanic Americans know how to speak English so why should we learn Spanish to communicate with them? There is no need to communicate with them in Spanish in any business situation either. I couldn't care less about communicating with an illegal alien.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reyna de Los Angeles de Porciuncula

Let it roll of your tongue...Certain beauty to it is there not?
Not to me it isn't. I love my own language which is English.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
That 40% demographic would include illegal alien Hispanics and that is what is driving the percentages of Hispanics in Calif. Most Hispanic Americans know how to speak English so why should we learn Spanish to communicate with them? There is no need to communicate with them in Spanish in any business situation either. I couldn't care less about communicating with an illegal alien.
No it is not. Actually the big things include caucasian fligth, legal immigration and hispanic birth rate as well as illegal immigration.

You speak to them in Spanish in order to extract their money more easily. That is the way of the capitalist. You talk to people in their preferred tongue...not yours.

Ever walk along the beach in a major Mexican beach town? Ever notice how all these Mexicans speak perfect English as they invite you to try their bar or take their jeep ride through the jungle? Think that is by accident? Ever talk to one of them? They speak English as well as you do.

Life can be really hard if you can't adopt.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
No it is not. Actually the big things include caucasian fligth, legal immigration and hispanic birth rate as well as illegal immigration.

You speak to them in Spanish in order to extract their money more easily. That is the way of the capitalist. You talk to people in their preferred tongue...not yours.

Ever walk along the beach in a major Mexican beach town? Ever notice how all these Mexicans speak perfect English as they invite you to try their bar or take their jeep ride through the jungle? Think that is by accident? Ever talk to one of them? They speak English as well as you do.

Life can be really hard if you can't adopt.
These Hipanic citizens are Americans and live here. They aren't tourists. Our language is English. Once again you provide a bad analogy.

I stand by what is driving the Hispanic population in this state and country also.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
These Hipanic citizens are Americans and live here. They aren't tourists. Our language is English. Once again you provide a bad analogy.

I stand by what is driving the Hispanic population in this state and country also.
Nope. Our language is whatever moves the goods. Any good capitalist knows that.

No you don't. You stand by your opinions which appear to be quite worthless..

You believe them to be important because you care a lot. They are not.

In commerce our language is whatever moves the goods. I did it for 35 years. Trust me. Us capitalists have few restraints if it moves the goods.

Apparently you want some other system?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration