Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:14 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Now I'm curious: why do you support Cain? Just because he's black? I supported Obama because of his liberal views and his vision for change, not just because he was black.

Anyway, I have never personally accused anyone of racism, except for people who actually sound racist. And even then, I usually let it go (for better or for worse). Maybe you're exaggerating the criticisms that you refer to as "racism accusations." Or maybe you come off as kinda racist for some reason.
Funny calling a white person racsist for voting for a Black man cause hes Black. MOST racsist whites WONT vote for any Black person.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:57 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Funny calling a white person racsist for voting for a Black man cause hes Black. MOST racsist whites WONT vote for any Black person.
Reading comprehension is a beautiful thing, and the lack of it is sure painful sometimes. Try again. I'll give you a hint: Two separate paragraphs, two separate thoughts. Also, it helps to understand context, like what comments I was replying to.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nostalgia Critic View Post
Illegal immigration probably wouldn't be so bad if we got mostly the cream of the crop from south of the border. But most of the illegal immigrants we get are people who did not even finish high school back in Mexico or Central America.

We get the bottom of the barrel when it comes to illegals from Mexico and Central America. We only get cream of the crop when it comes to people from countries like The Philippines and India for example.
Yes. That's because there are some requirements for legal immigrants, at least those who come on work visas. They have to be employable, they have to have some kind of job skills, some ability to learn English usually, and because they have to support their families by working, most aren't having babies at age 15 or having 8 or 9 kids - if they do, they can afford them.

And to be fair, if you look at all those who come on work visas, people from Mexico are as good as those from India and the Phillipines usually.

With illegal immigration there are no standards. Anyone can come and for any reason. They can murder a cop in Mexico and over the border they come to avoid justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.