Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:12 PM

5,040 posts, read 7,245,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
Everyone hates the CEO. Class envy at it's best. I mean can you do his job? If so, prove it and do it for significantly less instead of whining.
You mean could I screw up a corporation and the world economy and walk away with a golden parachute? Most certainly.
I'm always amused how people who don't have a pot to pee worship the rich (talk about class envy). It must be the old "I'm gonna win the lottery and join the country club someday" complex.

Most people in this country are one major event in their lives away from being destitute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 04:31 PM

199 posts, read 179,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I try not to paint with such a broad brush. It would be pretty hard to say that ALL of any group of immigrants that came here were all good hardworking people, don't you think? Why,then, do you think they can't find work in their own country?

Having been in business I'm suprised you aren't familiar with work Visas. If these jobs have been done by the same people for years they should have gotten work visas and been legal. I also don't know if you realize that MEXICO has socialized medicine. They also have 4% unemployment. One would think that the low wages and lack of medical care here would be a reason to stay in your own country rather than break the law.

Prices are going up as we speak. It obviously isn't due to the lack of illegal immigrant labor as none of these bills have been allowed to move forward. Oil is a big factor. It's too bad this administration has blocked drilling here and cost us even more jobs. One has to wonder if this administration has any clue at all about the citizens of this country needing jobs. They seems as if they could care less about the law or our citizens.

There are countries in this world that are far poorer than Mexico. I also have to wonder why we would bomb Libya to help their unhappy citizens yet we turn a blind eye to the travesty happening in Mexico with the cartels. This violence is spilling over the border and we are told our borders are more secure than ever. Aren't you tired of being lied to?
They get paid way more here. Lol.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
You mean could I screw up a corporation and the world economy and walk away with a golden parachute? Most certainly.
I'm always amused how people who don't have a pot to pee worship the rich (talk about class envy). It must be the old "I'm gonna win the lottery and join the country club someday" complex.

Most people in this country are one major event in their lives away from being destitute.
Work hard get their job and change the world. Don't complain on CD about how you don't have a pot to pee in and hate CEOs.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:51 PM

13 posts, read 14,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I call foul on this post. I know for a FACT that you have to be proficient in English to be in the military. Nice try though.
excuse me, but I am talking about the FAMILIES of the military. Its mainly the
wives who have VARYING degrees of proficiency, and also the children may
appear to 'not be from around here.' Maybe they have their mother in law with them who knows. Everyone has a different story. You cant ostracize people on
appearance and call it LAW.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:22 PM

19 posts, read 26,136 times
"The law imposes penalties on businesses that knowingly employ someone without legal resident status. A company's business license could be suspended or revoked.

The law requires Alabama businesses to use a database called E-Verify to confirm the immigration status of new employees."

Good, it's about time. There are many people here from other countries who work long and hard for residence and go the proper avenues. There are only so many jobs, most big companies are greedy guts so go to countries that have no environmental, animal protection, or human rights laws (i.e. china) so ceo's can make that extra 150 million profit as opposed to 100 million profit. Which leaves jobs in the US. It is the employer's responsibility to not hire illegals and unless they are penalized it's not going to get better. I'm sorry, you can go without chicken -- many other foods in the glorious supermarkets. The landscaping companies that hire illegals to blow dirt from left to right with leaf blowers aren't really doing a service to anyone (don't know why people don't see the stupidity in that). Meanwhile back east the only landscaping company that clearly has US citizens -- obvious because they are white guys, are weeding, racking, and doing quality work. Illegals work hard, but once they are here, their kids are now US citizens and then health insurance is provided to them, government funds come. Meanwhile hardworking Americans, esp. those who are self-employed, struggle for benefits. It is not your right to come to the US illegally -- IL-Legal -- and have the US cater to you, even though it does. And the reason it does is because of the employers who don't want to pay US citizens (tell me that high school kids and those in college working part time jobs would not work for $11/hr) and the government knows that at election time there are or will be lots of hispanic voters -- especially as populations skyrocket. (p.s. for all those who are having 3-10 kids ++ -- you do know that the world is falling apart, don't you? resources are being depleted? and in 20 yrs it is going to be really really bad? -- why would you want to bring more babies in the world? -- do you really think there will be a quality of life in 50 years? If you keep having tons of babies overpopulating and using the resources with the lack of education combined, it will just be another Mexico you'll want to run from). I'm sure I'll get attacked for my post, but I stick by it. (Also we're already stuck in traffic. I have a friend who every time she hears someone thrilled they are having a baby reponds to them "great, another person I have to sit behind in traffic in 16/17 years). There are not enough resources to go around the way we are misusing them --- period. Illegals add to that consumption and come here illegally to do it. Sure they work. Except for housewives and those on services, we all do. And anyone who supports illegal entry into the United States to make a home here is insane and delusional. They are ILLEGAL. Hell, I have to wait two years with a $1000 application to get to Canada. It is not racist or prejudice to restrict and make laws about the illegal -- INSANE -- illegal immigration problem that has forever changed the face of the America. "For English, push 1." Most americans have no problem with any race being here legally.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:35 PM

19 posts, read 26,136 times
oh, and as far as "profiling" nonsense. It's this sort of crap that makes people spitting mad about so-called "liberals." Why on earth would law enforcement try to card and request a white blonde female or male with the thoughts they might be here illegally? Most people from Europe don't want to live in the US and if they do, they go the proper avenues. I have a friend from Hungary who wants to come to the US. She has a Masters degree. She can't get in unless she goes the proper avenues which is hard to do. It's not like the Dutch are flooding this country, or the Canadians. Likewise, the guy from NY with a brooklyn accent is probably legit. And if you are black, there is a good chance, you didn't fly here from Africa or the Carribean illegally. It's too expensive. Likewise, if you are from Asia -- again, it's expensive to get here to live illegally. Chances are if you are from South America, look Mexican, and don't speak English well, you are illegal. You know you're in trouble when in 10-20 years politicians start giving speeches in Spanish, and they will. It's a given. It's too late now. US always reacts too late on everything. An ounce of prevention. Ixnay on that. There's protests! We want illegals here -- don't be prejudiced! gasp.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieM View Post
Chances are if you are from South America, look Mexican, and don't speak English well, you are illegal.
You just made the case for how inaccurate racial profiling is.

There's a place called Puerto Rico, where the natives speak Spanish and are American Citizens. They often move to the mainland at some point in their lives and they look JUST LIKE south Americans and sound just like them too.

There's also many S. Americans who came here legally.. and get this.. there's even Mexicans who came here legally.

You have obviously never been race profiled so its a concept that can be hard for you to imagine. You have never had law enforcement try to intimidate you because he is part of the good ole boy network in Tennessee. I have had people NOT BELIEVE me when I said I was American, though I was born on an AFB in New Hampshire.

And Jeb Bush was giving speeches fluently in Spanish YEARS ago.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieM View Post
oh, and as far as "profiling" nonsense. It's this sort of crap that makes people spitting mad about so-called "liberals." Why on earth would law enforcement try to card and request a white blonde female or male with the thoughts they might be here illegally? Most people from Europe don't want to live in the US and if they do, they go the proper avenues. I have a friend from Hungary who wants to come to the US. She has a Masters degree. She can't get in unless she goes the proper avenues which is hard to do. It's not like the Dutch are flooding this country, or the Canadians. Likewise, the guy from NY with a brooklyn accent is probably legit. And if you are black, there is a good chance, you didn't fly here from Africa or the Carribean illegally. It's too expensive. Likewise, if you are from Asia -- again, it's expensive to get here to live illegally. Chances are if you are from South America, look Mexican, and don't speak English well, you are illegal. You know you're in trouble when in 10-20 years politicians start giving speeches in Spanish, and they will. It's a given. It's too late now. US always reacts too late on everything. An ounce of prevention. Ixnay on that. There's protests! We want illegals here -- don't be prejudiced! gasp.
Just re-read this entire thing.. wow.. I am thinking you have are VERY young and have never left your little bubble.

1. Canadians do come here illegally and they live mostly in the North. Have you been to Vermont? Its hard to spot them because they look just like us.

2. A large part of the Caribbean IS BLACK and while many DO come here legally, there are also many who dont. Case it point:Miami.

3. Have you noticed on forms where it says White, non hispanic, or hispanic?

Hispanic is like Cheese, you can order it everything. There are black hispanics, and white hispanics that are blonde with blue eyes from s. america.
S. Americans come in every single color imaginable, and even Mexico has a spectrum of color from very fair to tejano (that's the brown shade you see most often on the laborers who work in the sun). Race profiling SPECIFICALLY TARGETS the darker demographic because its easy to do so. Its wildly inaccurate and won't do a thing to a. secure the border or 2. produce jobs

When you were first looking for a job, did you apply to be a hotel maid? I look around at the unemployed college students and not one is applying to be a maid okay. The jobs they want are skilled labor.

And if you look at America's birthrate, we just aren't producing enough people and talent on our own to be competitive and sustain economic growth. We have to import human capital for a reason. It spans from laborers in the fields to engineers. And make no mistake that many of those field laborers are here on a visa, though they may not have citizenship.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:31 AM

5,040 posts, read 7,245,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
Work hard get their job and change the world. Don't complain on CD about how you don't have a pot to pee in and hate CEOs.
I wasn't talking about myself. I have lots of pots-I just don't worship at the feet of the wealthly like you apparently do.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I wasn't talking about myself. I have lots of pots-I just don't worship at the feet of the wealthly like you apparently do.
It's black or white huh? Can't argue with people who see can't see gray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration