Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 PM
chj

128 posts, read 352,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
Dude, the days off a blue collar worker being able to take care of a family and live in a home with a white picket fence with 2 kids and a house wife and stll have a middleclass existance were long over before illegals "invaded". The value of the dollar dropping due to our governments insane spending means our standard of living have for the lower and middle classes in particular have constantly been dropping since the 50s. Inflation and globalism(causing other countries to catch up to us) are the blame. Your living in a fantasy world if you think shipping illegal Mexicans back across the border is going to brings back to the good old days man.
cracking down on illegal immigration and doing away with the adavantages a company has by sending factories overseas will help. how can companies expect people to buy their products if they send all of the jobs to china.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 02:19 PM

199 posts, read 178,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Outsource agriculture? Sort of hard to do.
Some American workers that have been screwed by ILLEGAL workers: the meatpacking industry is a prime example. I was working in a meat packing plant when I was going to College in the late 1960's. Even after I graduated from college I decided to stay with the packing plant because I could make more money there than I could in the field I had a degree in (Microbiology). I saved enough money by 1974 to go into my own business. When I left the meat packing business in 1974 HORMEL was paying their workers MORE than they are now. There were ZERO illegals in their plants at that time. Some Hispanics but illegals were rare. A few years later illegals comprised a majority of the workers and wages were lower than they were in the 1960s. Did the price of meat come down? Hell no. For a few months about ten years ago LIVE hogs were selling for less than $10/pound at a time when the cost of production to a pork producer was $40/pound. Did the price of a pork chop come down in the grocery store? Hell no.

MIDDLEMEN. SPECULATORS, COMMODITY TRADERS. They are driving our energy and food prices higher while producers are getting less.

Americans will work in meat packing houses and farm production jobs IF the jobs pay a decent wage. Illegals will do it for half that. Do I blame the illegals 100%? Hell no. The greedy employers are the ones we should be going after. When the jobs for illegals dry up they will stay home. Good riddance.

GL2
Times have changed dude. Illegal immigrants are not the reason our standard of living is lower. Our debt and declining dollar. It's a different world. We aren't are big as were compared to other countries and our spending is out of control because we print money like its toilet paper.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chj View Post
cracking down on illegal immigration and doing away with the adavantages a company has by sending factories overseas will help. how can companies expect people to buy their products if they send all of the jobs to china.
How about getting rid of the incentives they have to leave? The companies have no obligation to the U.S. This is a global economy. There is money and workers all around the world.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:34 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times
Quote:
Dude, the days off a blue collar worker being able to take care of a family and live in a home with a white picket fence with 2 kids and a house wife and stll have a middleclass existance were long over before illegals "invaded". The value of the dollar dropping due to our governments insane spending means our standard of living have for the lower and middle classes in particular have constantly been dropping since the 50s. Inflation and globalism(causing other countries to catch up to us) are the blame. Your living in a fantasy world if you think shipping illegal Mexicans back across the border is going to brings back to the good old days man.

It will help...believe it!..........Est. put illegels costing this country from 100-200 billion a yrs....Not chump change!!
Dude, I think you need to do a little more research on the massive amounts of money being leeched out of this country by illegels.

Get back to me when you do some reading.

Yes the middle class is dead but you can thank unions and big govt. for that one.

I think most people are missing the bigger picture...We as Americans have a RIGHT to have our borders secure....Wake up already.

Both Article 1, Section 8, and Article 4, Section 4 of the Constitution commands the Congress and the U.S. government to “repel against invasions”

Last edited by kerrymac; 06-13-2011 at 02:46 PM..

Old 06-13-2011, 02:38 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Quote:
Times have changed dude. Illegal immigrants are not the reason our standard of living is lower. Our debt and declining dollar. It's a different world. We aren't are big as were compared to other countries and our spending is out of control because we print money like its toilet paper.
No illegal immigration is NOT ALL of the problem but it a part of our problem.
GL2

Old 06-13-2011, 03:05 PM
chj

128 posts, read 352,604 times
Quote:
How about getting rid of the incentives they have to leave?The companies have no obligation to the U.S. This is a global economy. There is money and workers all around the world.
That is what I was thinking. While the companies do not have an obligation to the U.S. the U.S. does not have an obligation to give them incentives for sending the jobs overseas. Companies are not the only problem with the economy it is the Local, State, and Federal governments that add to the problems with some of the policies that they have.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:31 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
How about getting rid of the incentives they have to leave? The companies have no obligation to the U.S. This is a global economy. There is money and workers all around the world.

Then wouldn't it be nice if people stayed IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY and left our jobs to the citizens here? I believe our Federal Government says that's the way it is supposed to be. Why are they not enforcing the law and protecting the tax paying citizens of this country?

It seems rather strange that so many states are trying to take action to protect the citizens within their states yet the feds are fighting them. Doesn't make sense.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:34 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:

And you don't think that having twenty to thirty million undocumented people here is adding to that?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:17 PM

5,025 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
It will help...believe it!..........Est. put illegels costing this country from 100-200 billion a yrs....Not chump change!!
Dude, I think you need to do a little more research on the massive amounts of money being leeched out of this country by illegels.

Get back to me when you do some reading.

Yes the middle class is dead but you can thank unions and big govt. for that one.

I think most people are missing the bigger picture...We as Americans have a RIGHT to have our borders secure....Wake up already.

Both Article 1, Section 8, and Article 4, Section 4 of the Constitution commands the Congress and the U.S. government to “repel against invasions”
Wow. Anybody you're not angry with?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chj View Post
That is what I was thinking. While the companies do not have an obligation to the U.S. the U.S. does not have an obligation to give them incentives for sending the jobs overseas. Companies are not the only problem with the economy it is the Local, State, and Federal governments that add to the problems with some of the policies that they have.
You're right. So when they leave, the U.S. knows it has no one to blame but themselves. It's as simple as lowering regulations and taxes. If not then say good bye to jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration