Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:49 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So that is your reason for the big interest in this case and to take the side of a proven "Mexican" coyote against our own Border Patrol?
Ironically that the information about him being in U.S. custody wouldn't have been released except for the fact of him being shot dead...

The U.S. releases that information, but not anything from placed cameras designed to capture events like this?...

Something that would have the potential to clear the agent if things were as they described?...

I'm in it here because Sergio is described as an "illegal" throwing rocks, that his family is money-hungry and didn't/don't care about him, and that they were "most likely" given a $10 million dollar "cash advance" (and will have a chance to immigrate from a good court ruling)...

Thank You for motivating me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
...Actually, you can see rocks being thrown on this video if you look closely...
Can you give me some timestamps and placement information within the video frame to show what you are seeing?...

Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Good point. The shooting occurred in Mexico. Normal protocol would be to allow Mexico to extradite the BP to stand trial. So are you for law and order or not?
No, it doesn't mean that. It said they were running across the Rio Grande into Mexico. That doesn't mean that they were already in Mexico when the bullet hit the "kid".

Old 06-10-2011, 08:08 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Ironically that the information about him being in U.S. custody wouldn't have been released except for the fact of him being shot dead...

The U.S. releases that information, but not anything from placed cameras designed to capture events like this?...

Something that would have the potential to clear the agent if things were as they described?...

I'm in it here because Sergio is described as an "illegal" throwing rocks, that his family is money-hungry and didn't/don't care about him, and that they were "most likely" given a $10 million dollar "cash advance" (and will have a chance to immigrate from a good court ruling)...

Thank You for motivating me...
Again, he was a Mexican national who had a record of being a coyote so why do you care? If he was running back towards the Rio Grande into Mexico doesn't that imply that he entered illegally? What his family's intents are or whether they valued him or not can only be guessed by you and those who don't agree with you. You can't defend what you don't know.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
No, it doesn't mean that. It said they were running across the Rio Grande into Mexico. That doesn't mean that they were already in Mexico when the bullet hit the "kid".
The Rio Grande is that muddy channel in the middle. Sergio was definitely in Mexico when struck. Hit by two bullets, the headshot entered his eye and was instantly fatal.

That will bug a few of you that think a rock-throwing "illegal" that illegally smuggled illegals at age 13 or 14 should have died a much more painful death...

Old 06-10-2011, 08:55 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
YOur post is more of your standard garbage. The kid was well into Mexico and coming toward the US if anything.

Give it up. If the BP is clear he should simply go to Mexico and prove his self defense.

We both know that there is no way he will do that.

But let us understand we, the US in this case, have no intention of allowing the appropriate justice system to work when our agent is involved.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:21 PM

358 posts, read 395,137 times
Quote:
YOur post is more of your standard garbage. The kid was well into Mexico and coming toward the US if anything.

Give it up. If the BP is clear he should simply go to Mexico and prove his self defense.

But let us understand we, the US in this case, have no intention of allowing the appropriate justice system to work when our agent is involved.
This kid "is a known juvenile smuggler," a source told Fox News. He was also on a "most wanted" list of juvenile smugglers compiled by U.S. authorities in the El Paso area, sources said.
Read more: Mexican Teen Killed on Border Was 'Known Juvenile Smuggler,' Sources Say - FoxNews.com This family is garbage, and deserves NOTHING from the BP agent or the USA. These agents are attacked on a daily basis and have to deal with it,
YouTube - ‪Video Shocker: U.S. Border Patrol Agents Attacked‬‏ http://www.nbpc.net/index2.php?optio...o_pdf=1&id=301 LiveLeak.com - Caught On Tape: Border patrol agents attacked with rocks
YouTube - ‪Border Patrols Are Attacked‬‏
YouTube - ‪Attacks on US Border Patrol Agents in San Diego, CA‬‏ Watch these news reports, and tell me how you would react to people attacking you. I have no sympathy for the family, and while it's sad that a teenager died I believe it was warranted. Could you imagine getting together with a few buddies, finding a police officer and chucking rocks at him (while he has no backup, and is exposed). I would make an educated guess and say that I would be shot as well. As for the comment "But let us understand we, the US in this case, have no intention of allowing the appropriate justice system to work when our agent is involved" yeah... let's send our agent who was being attacked to Mexico for trial, their justice system is not corrupt and their human rights record is stellar. If the U.S. cleared this officer it's good enough for me, no need to extradite him to Mexico.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:28 PM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

look below, as usual you just got smoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
This kid "is a known juvenile smuggler," a source told Fox News. He was also on a "most wanted" list of juvenile smugglers compiled by U.S. authorities in the El Paso area, sources said.
Read more: Mexican Teen Killed on Border Was 'Known Juvenile Smuggler,' Sources Say - FoxNews.com This family is garbage, and deserves NOTHING from the BP agent or the USA. These agents are attacked on a daily basis and have to deal with it,
YouTube - ‪Video Shocker: U.S. Border Patrol Agents Attacked‬‏ http://www.nbpc.net/index2.php?optio...o_pdf=1&id=301 LiveLeak.com - Caught On Tape: Border patrol agents attacked with rocks
YouTube - ‪Border Patrols Are Attacked‬‏
YouTube - ‪Attacks on US Border Patrol Agents in San Diego, CA‬‏ Watch these news reports, and tell me how you would react to people attacking you. I have no sympathy for the family, and while it's sad that a teenager died I believe it was warranted. Could you imagine getting together with a few buddies, finding a police officer and chucking rocks at him (while he has no backup, and is exposed). I would make an educated guess and say that I would be shot as well. As for the comment "But let us understand we, the US in this case, have no intention of allowing the appropriate justice system to work when our agent is involved" yeah... let's send our agent who was being attacked to Mexico for trial, their justice system is not corrupt and their human rights record is stellar. If the U.S. cleared this officer it's good enough for me, no need to extradite him to Mexico.
thanks for that

Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
Read more:

Watch these news reports, and tell me how you would react to people attacking you. I have no sympathy for the family, and while it's sad that a teenager died I believe it was warranted. Could you imagine getting together with a few buddies, finding a police officer and chucking rocks at him (while he has no backup, and is exposed). I would make an educated guess and say that I would be shot as well. As for the comment "But let us understand we, the US in this case, have no intention of allowing the appropriate justice system to work when our agent is involved" yeah... let's send our agent who was being attacked to Mexico for trial, their justice system is not corrupt and their human rights record is stellar. If the U.S. cleared this officer it's good enough for me, no need to extradite him to Mexico.
We have direct evidence of the actions in this particular case.

If the BP agents cause was just he simply goes to Mexico and proves it.

What could be simpler?

So the problem is a corrupt Mexican judiciary?

So the US should never send anyone to Mexico? We don't extradite and they don't get Americans? Sounds like a deal. But we can't ***** if the Mexicans won't send the bad guys back here can we?

Old 06-10-2011, 09:58 PM

358 posts, read 395,137 times
Quote:
We have direct evidence of the actions in this particular case.

If the BP agents cause was just he simply goes to Mexico and proves it.

What could be simpler?

So the problem is a corrupt Mexican judiciary?

So the US should never send anyone to Mexico? We don't extradite and they don't get Americans? Sounds like a deal. But we can't ***** if the Mexicans won't send the bad guys back here can we?
It's very much a corrupt judiciary, you first have to understand the beliefs of Mexican citizens : Mexicans: Southwest<br>U.S. is ours "According to a just-published survey conducted by Zogby International, the polling firm found that a majority of Mexicans say the U.S. southwest "rightfully belongs to Mexico," and that Mexican citizens should be able to come into those areas freely, without U.S. permission.
The poll found that 58 percent of Mexicans agree with the statement, "The territory of the United States' southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico." Zogby said 28 percent disagreed, while another 14 percent said they weren't sure."
Transparency International - the global coalition against corruption Mexico was rated a 3.1, The United States a 7.1 on the corruption perceptions index (higher rating is better, with 1 being the worst). MEChA National Webpages Here is another great example of the New Aztlan mindset, and keep in mind that the MAJORITY of high schools in California have a MEChA or similarly aligned club on campus.
The entire point you are missing is simply this: The BP agent would not be able to have a fair trial, would not be cleared of the charges as he is "Illegally" defending a border that does not belong, and furthermore he is a traitor to his heritage for shooting a Mexican "La Raza". I have not seen any information about Mexico attempting to extradite this agent and if there is please let me know, with that being said it's all about Mexican politicians using this situation to stoke anti-American sentiment and further promote "La Raza" style nationalism.

*edit* Almost forgot to add: how many Mexican citizens come to the U.S. seeking political asylum?? how many U.S. citizens go to Mexico seeking political asylum? how can you possibly even suggest this agent would get a fair trial with the current levels of corruption and the cultural mindset when it comes to our borders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration