Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:15 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,849,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
No, but there are a few that are grossly over repped in our prison systems.

It seems that the least desireable members of these groups are pumping out the greatest share of children.

It goes back to what I said about uneducated peasants coming here as opposed to the better educated from the same ethnic group.
The only "culture" that is over-represented in our jails and prisons is one of drugs. A malnourished friend of my daughter has her dad in prison for a few years now, the mom bounces in jail every couple months herself. Their three children are usually farmed out to the extended "family" that don't seem to have genetic or marital links, just mutual dependency problems.

As said, the "pull" for immigration both legal and illegal is largely the same. For the two-thirds of legal immigrants qualifying because of a relationship to a U.S. citizen, there is no skill level or employability that is required. I'm not sure how you are defining any would-be difference in educational levels between legal and illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:06 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
The people who come here illegally come for work. (so they say)

They work when they get here. And they have lots and lots of babies.

They are unskilled, uneducated, peasants. When they come they bring their culture here. They do not value education. They do not come from a culture with a history of educating their poor.

We are creating a super-underclass of people by allowing them to remain here, they are lowering the standard of living for America's Working Poor Legal Citizens.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The only "culture" that is over-represented in our jails and prisons is one of drugs. A malnourished friend of my daughter has her dad in prison for a few years now, the mom bounces in jail every couple months herself. Their three children are usually farmed out to the extended "family" that don't seem to have genetic or marital links, just mutual dependency problems.

As said, the "pull" for immigration both legal and illegal is largely the same. For the two-thirds of legal immigrants qualifying because of a relationship to a U.S. citizen, there is no skill level or employability that is required. I'm not sure how you are defining any would-be difference in educational levels between legal and illegal immigrants.
The real reason behind mass immigration is that some cultures haven't caught on to responsible parenting.

People don't have children because they can support them, care for them, instruct them, and because they truly love them.

Culture that have their girls impregnated by age 16, dropping out of school, unable to ever feed them, or properly care fo them fail. The lower classes of those cultures see the money, the government programs, the easy life of the USA or other first world countries and of course the non-existent enforcement of immigration laws and so they come on over.

It's not just love of some American or even a chance for a green card marriage that brings in many immigrants. But there are different reasons to immigrate here legally, some are not just the money and the easy life. Some legal immigrants are drawn to our universities, and certain kinds of corporations that exist here. They have no interest in food stamps and Medicaid and they aren't having children they can never afford.

Illegals will tell you they come because they can't feed their children back home, their children will starve to death if they don't have the easy money, food stamps, and WIC here. Those in those countries who stayed in school, learned a trade or some kind of job skills, married before starting their families, and don't have more children than they can support aren't having to cram themselves into semi-trailers or pay their money to a cartel smuggling ring. They are making their own countries better.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
There was a time when illegal immigrants were welcomed in this country. They have outworn their welcome. There was a time when they aspired to become citizens of this country and to assimilate into the community in which they lived. Those days are gone. Todays illegal immigrant will protest in the streets, waving the Mexican flag and screaming "Viva Mexico". If mexico is so great, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Illegals at one time were not a drain on our society. They couldn't get "entitlements" of any kind. Now they are "entitled" to virtually every social program the US offers and even have fewer requirements to attain them than does a citizen of this nation. Todays illegal immigrant is not always here looking meerly for work.. Many of them smuggle drugs accross the border in order to pay their "coyote" for their passage. How many times do we have to read in our papers and hear in our news of a illegal alien being charged with DWI after killing someone? It needs to come to a stop and it needs to stop NOW.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:41 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I mean, seriously. When I read this post and right out of the gate you pre-emptive dismiss anything your opponents say as "unacceptable childish excuses, that make no logical sense" we know you're not actually interested in a serious discussion.
Actually, I discounted all of the normal excuses that are illogical; hence, paving the way for an actual serious discussion. What your answer, and your later admission that you had no awareness of immigration issues in other countries tells me is that you, sir, do not want to nor do you have the requisite knowledge to have a serious discussion.

And who is my opponent? You? This is a discussion for like minded people who might be confused as to why the current state of affairs exists. It is not a discussion to debate the merits and demerits of immigration. As you took offense, I assume that you are, in your own words, opposed to the premise that we should be worried about immigration. You are entitled to your opinion, but that isn't the topic of this thread.

If you just want to bat around the same old excuses and theories, that are readily proven to be illogical to the long term health of this country, then I'm sure that there are a myriad of long threads in this forum in which you can do so. Thanks for stopping by, though.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:45 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
I think that everyone who gives reasons as to why immigrants come here is correct. There are a lot of reasons that they come, and I think that giving people the opportunity to come here ensures that they will always come for a host of reasons. But that isn't our concern, as we cannot control a peoples desire to come here.

What we should be able to control is the policy that allows them to come here. That's is where our focus should always be, and not on the varied and irrelevant motivations of the immigrants themselves. A sure as the sun rises in the east, they will always come if allowed to do so. It is group behavior that will never change.

However, it is unfathomable that their influx would not be able to be controlled by the United States if they wished to control it. That is simply so silly of a notion that I believe that it would take willful ignorance or an agenda to believe or propagate it.

The bipartisan policy of unfettered illegal immigration is what we deserve an honest answer for. Even if the official answer is one of the, in my opinion, ridiculously shallow and illogically shortsighted economic excuses that I initially discounted, I believe that the government needs to come out and give an official policy statement admitting the motivation on their part to allow the immigration. Americans at least deserve that, even if the reason given in the official statement isn't true (baby steps), at least we would have an admission to the policy of facilitation of illegal immigration. If the government is going to burden us with a nation of illegal immigrants, they should at least allow us our dignity by not denying the policy to our faces.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:54 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I think that everyone who gives reasons as to why immigrants come here is correct. There are a lot of reasons that they come, and I think that giving people the opportunity to come here ensures that they will always come for a host of reasons. But that isn't our concern, as we cannot control a peoples desire to come here.

What we should be able to control is the policy that allows them to come here. That's is where our focus should always be, and not on the varied and irrelevant motivations of the immigrants themselves. A sure as the sun rises in the east, they will always come if allowed to do so. It is group behavior that will never change.

However, it is unfathomable that their influx would not be able to be controlled by the United States if they wished to control it. That is simply so silly of a notion that I believe that it would take willful ignorance or an agenda to believe or propagate it.

The bipartisan policy of unfettered illegal immigration is what we deserve an honest answer for. Even if the official answer is one of the, in my opinion, ridiculously shallow and illogically shortsighted economic excuses that I initially discounted, I believe that the government needs to come out and give an official policy statement admitting the motivation on their part to allow the immigration. Americans at least deserve that, even if the reason given in the official statement isn't true (baby steps), at least we would have an admission to the policy of facilitation of illegal immigration. If the government is going to burden us with a nation of illegal immigrants, they should at least allow us our dignity by not denying the policy to our faces.
good post, but it will never happen.

the government is not interested in what the people think or want.

they proved that with the bipartisan bank, GM, and chrysler bailouts, with body scanners, and with mandatory health insurance.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
The biggest reason - when you have third world birth rates, it's a whole lot easier living in the USA with the food stamps, WIC, Medicaid and much much more than it is working hard for a living back home to support your extra large family you started having as a young teen. It's all made possible with the big government handouts.

Teen birth rate lower than ever, but still too high - The Checkup - The Washington Post

Still, birth rates remain high among black teens (59 births per 1,000) and Hispanic teens (70.1 births per 1,000). Compare that to 25.6 births per 1,000 for white teens.

According to the report, “… the teen birth rate in the United States remains six to nine times higher than in developed countries with the lowest birth rates. Even in U.S. states with the lowest rates, the teen birth rate is nearly three to five times higher than in developed countries with the lowest birth rates, and in U.S. states with the highest rates, the teen birth rate is approximately 10 to 15 times higher than in other developed countries with the lowest birth rates.”

Old 09-12-2011, 04:12 PM

403 posts, read 334,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The people who come here illegally come for work. (so they say)

They work when they get here. And they have lots and lots of babies.

They are unskilled, uneducated, peasants. When they come they bring their culture here. They do not value education. They do not come from a culture with a history of educating their poor.

We are creating a super-underclass of people by allowing them to remain here, they are lowering the standard of living for America's Working Poor Legal Citizens.
Who is 'they?' What culture do they bring? You are going to have to provide some sort of source for your assertion that 'they' don't value education.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:35 PM

403 posts, read 334,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The biggest reason - when you have third world birth rates, it's a whole lot easier living in the USA with the food stamps, WIC, Medicaid and much much more than it is working hard for a living back home to support your extra large family you started having as a young teen. It's all made possible with the big government handouts.

Teen birth rate lower than ever, but still too high - The Checkup - The Washington Post

Still, birth rates remain high among black teens (59 births per 1,000) and Hispanic teens (70.1 births per 1,000). Compare that to 25.6 births per 1,000 for white teens.

According to the report, “… the teen birth rate in the United States remains six to nine times higher than in developed countries with the lowest birth rates. Even in U.S. states with the lowest rates, the teen birth rate is nearly three to five times higher than in developed countries with the lowest birth rates, and in U.S. states with the highest rates, the teen birth rate is approximately 10 to 15 times higher than in other developed countries with the lowest birth rates.”
So, all the social programs that make it easier to have "3rd world birthrates," has access to these programs for illegal immigrants increased, decreased, or stayed the same over the past 10-20 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration