Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 06:06 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

It never ceases to amaze me that the pro-illegals don't know what an analogy is or worse yet pretend they don't know what it is. This is the remark that one poster made in here and of course it was taken "literally" as to mean that children of illegal aliens were being called pieces of sh*t when nothing could be further from the truth. Again, it was an "analogy" about the term anchor baby which fit what the parent's agenda is by giving birth on our soil. Anything to demonize those of us for the rule of law though, right? Ridiculous!

Quote KAAC: "You can sugar coat a turd.............but it's still a turd".

Last edited by chicagonut; 12-26-2011 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-26-2011, 06:14 PM

313 posts, read 329,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It never ceases to amaze that the pro-illegals don't know what an analogy is or worse yet pretend they don't know what it is. This is the remark that one poster made in here and of course it was take "literally" as to mean that children of illegal aliens were being called pieces of sh*t when nothing could be further from the truth. Again, it was an "analogy". Anything to demonize those of us for the rule of law though, right? Ridiculous!

Grasping at straws.

So if an African American who happens to commit a crime and someone says "You can take a monkey out of the jungle but the jungle can't be taken out of the monkey"the person who says it is just using an analogy?

Wonder if such an analogy would be put in the evening news along with the story.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:19 PM

387 posts, read 337,622 times
Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that the pro-illegals don't know what an analogy is or worse yet pretend they don't know what it is. This is the remark that one poster made in here and of course it was take "literally" as to mean that children of illegal aliens were being called pieces of sh*t when nothing could be further from the truth. Again, it was an "analogy" about the term anchor baby which fit what the parent's agenda is by giving birth on our soil. Anything to demonize those of us for the rule of law though, right? Ridiculous!

And you can sugar coat a bigot......but it is still a.....

Or you can obfuscate. Sing and dance. Complain about bad analogs...but Eleanors ethocentric rant is still an........

Old 12-26-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post

It's really the other way around. A lot of support for illegals stems solely because they are hispanic. Many hispanic leaders and people would not support the people in question were they largely Chinese. I too wish people would have the balls to admit it. Especially when they constantly accuse Americans of racism on this issue.
How do you know this? How do you know many wouldn't? Even those Aztlan people probably wouldn't care. In fact I have seen some of their websites and they say nothing of hate towards Asians. They even don't say that all Whites are bad and should leave. They say those Whites who are racist.

Quote:
Your clear implication was that you are superior to me because you are a Christian and I am a Jew. For someone convinced of all sorts of nefariious subtexts you sure like to pretend you have none of your own. There was nothing inappropriate in pointing out that the majority of illegals are Mexican. That's simply the truth. I daresay that I have done my fair share to educate Mexican children and pay for the medical care of Mexicans. Again that's just the truth. When Mexicans stop making up the majority of illegals then Mexicans can take offense at that statement.
I guess in Europe and even in America the White supremacists can have the "ok" to spit the garbage about Jews then? Since Jews are the ones who disproportionately have most of the influence/political power.

Some even blame the JEWS for letting the illegals in.

Quote:
As an American voter and taxpayer, of course it is up to me. It's sure as hell not up to millions of Mexicans to demand the right to my tax dollars. It's certainly not up to them to decide to willfully cross my border, enter my schools or take jobs from my country's neediest citizens.
how many schools do you own?
Your border? you own it? No one else does? why don't you foot the bill for a wall then? You seem very rich.

Quote:

Again when millions of Mexicans stop violating our laws on employment, driving, immigration and education then millions of Mexicans will have the right to complain about this issue. It is dehumanizing to demand my tax dollars to fund the education of their children, the roads they drive on and the social services they use while gravely and unrepentently insulting my deepest character.

It is sad that you seem to feel otherwise.
You can disagree with where your tax dollars go but you have to remember it's not only your tax dollars. Like I said, if left to New Zealand I doubt all the tax money you put in would even matter. maybe without your tax dollars am illegal will have to find enough food stamps elsewhere to pay for one bottle of water per month.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
I wasn't referring to anchor babies. I was referring to illegal aliens. I really don't care if their advocates are offended either.

And in no way should you care. No one likes it tough!

Old 12-26-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
To call a group of people "illegals" is insulting. "Anchor babies" is a negative judgment.

Negative language is not helpful. You are not honoring the divinity of each human being - you are basically relegating them to the status of less than animal. Shameful.

"Well then" maybe these people ought to start coming into this country legally! ya think.
What do you want them to be called legal, that is the biggest lie.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:40 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
Grasping at straws.

So if an African American who happens to commit a crime and someone says "You can take a monkey out of the jungle but the jungle can't be taken out of the monkey"the person who says it is just using an analogy?

Wonder if such an analogy would be put in the evening news along with the story.
That is an absolutely ridiculous analogy. Illegals are not a race. Illegals are mostly Mexican high school drop outs who are indeed supported by American taxpayers like myself. Millions of Mexicans are encouraged by their government to come here in violation of American laws. I am sorry you cannot seem to grasp this essential fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
And you can sugar coat a bigot......but it is still a.....

Or you can obfuscate. Sing and dance. Complain about bad analogs...but Eleanors ethocentric rant is still an........
It is not bigotry to point out facts. The only ethnocentricism are Mexicans and their fellow Latinos who support illegals just because they are Latinos. Were they Chinese there's no way they enjoy that kind of support

Let's review a few facts shall we? As you are apparently unaquainted with them. Estimates place the number of illegals at roughly 30 million. Of those 60% are said to be Mexican. That means eighteen million Mexicans are literally here in violation of our laws.That's eighteen million Mexicans out of a population of about 110 million. That's a huge percentage of Mexicans who have willfully chosen to move to the United States in complete violation of our laws.

Considering that the average illegal is not paying taxes because they are high school drop outs who don't speak English that does indeed mean that taxpayers like myself are paying for the education, medical bills and welfare of literally millions of Mexicans.

I swear to god it's become ridiculous when we can't even point this out without being accused of the most disgusting of motivations. Apparently I'm supposed to just shell out to support Mexicans and ****. I'll just sit here and pay up lest I be accused of horrible bigotry and innate racism by smug ethnic nationalists and their arrogant supporters.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
"Well then" maybe these people ought to start coming into this country legally! ya think.
What do you want them to be called legal, that is the biggest lie.
The kids are legal. The parents are not.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
There's nothing "complicated" about what to do with illegals. The answer is simple. Stop rewarding them and send them home. People who skip our immigration lines should not be rewarded with benefits like food stamps and interpreters even if they drop a baby on American soil. They certainly should not be given American citizenship if they manage to break our immigration laws for a prolonged period.

As for any kids they have here they should go home with their parents. They overcrowd our schools and their parents do not pay enough in taxes to support them. Our citizenship laws were never meant to extend to the offspring of people who break them.
Wish our President felt as you do. That would make me happy But as long as we continue to reward these people for breaking our laws, what do we expect.
Very simple practical solution. But being overlooked and why! if this truly is for policitcal gains, to get the hispanic vote, which we know to be true, this pisses me off more then anything.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:51 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
How do you know this? How do you know many wouldn't? Even those Aztlan people probably wouldn't care. In fact I have seen some of their websites and they say nothing of hate towards Asians. They even don't say that all Whites are bad and should leave. They say those Whites who are racist.
I'm sorry. I seem to have missed the part where millions of Mexicans are voting to allow millions of Chinese people to come to their country without permission. Could you point that out to me? I mean millions and millions of Chinese people live in horrible poverty while millions of Mexicans are obese. Shouldn't they be supporting the world's poor? Or is that only a job for Joe Schmoe American?

Quote:
I guess in Europe and even in America the White supremacists can have the "ok" to spit the garbage about Jews then? Since Jews are the ones who disproportionately have most of the influence/political power.

Some even blame the JEWS for letting the illegals in.
So now opposing illegals and pointing out that millions are Mexicans and actively encouraged in their actions by Mexico's government is just like being a member of the KKK?

How big do you plan to make that pile of straw?

Quote:
how many schools do you own?
Your border? you own it? No one else does? why don't you foot the bill for a wall then? You seem very rich.
I pay 6k in property taxes annually. Are you really going to argue that I should have no say in where it goes and what is done with it? Is that what illegal supporters have come to? Suggesting that Americans should have no say at all in what goes on in their schools and what is done with their school taxes?

Sheesh.

Quote:
You can disagree with where your tax dollars go but you have to remember it's not only your tax dollars. Like I said, if left to New Zealand I doubt all the tax money you put in would even matter. maybe without your tax dollars am illegal will have to find enough food stamps elsewhere to pay for one bottle of water per month.
I can't imagine moving to New Zealand in violation of their immigration laws even though New Zealand, unlike America, has national health care and a longer life span then America. I certainly can't imagine moving there and then whining then the New Zealanders not only don't want me to support me but actively think I should go home.

I suppose I'm funny like that. Maybe I should go around accusing them of racism if they refuse?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration